Are bonesplitterz fun to play?

Ulfast

Hello fellow AoS players.

I´m going to start a new army for AoS and I´m thinking about playing bonesplitterz. But I´m wondering if they are fun to play with and if you think so, why? If I would start with them I´m also going to add trolls and spiderfang grots as I think they suits the look of the army and give me more options. Is this good/bad?

Please help a new convert. :)

I play ironjawz which are similar. When all is said and done, bonesplitterz are far more dynamic and customizable than ironjawz. That being said, I believe they have similar intentions and tactics sans ranged units. From what I have seen, Bonesplitterz look very fun to play and the combinations you can make with them have good synergy on the field. I feared that I wouldn't like the one dimensional aspect of Orruks, but they're extremely fun on the tabletop, and I can only imagine how much more fun bonesplitterz would be. 

Sorry if you're looking for actual bonesplitterz players. I'll head back to the underway now.

Ironjawz iz BEST!!!

That said, they totally look like fun. I even bought a box of Savage Orcs, just to build and paint. As soon as a Start Collecting box comes out I'm afraid I'll no longer be able to resist. They are also super competetive, the Kunnin' Ruk is pretty powerful.

I think 'Splitterz are very fun. I run them as a very competitive list usually but they can also be fun as a Destruction Force, just Bonesplitterz, whatever. They can throw a lot of Combat bodies at an opponent and the Boar Riders are pretty fun. Of the pure Destruction Armies I think I'd take them in a fluffy/soft core event or game.

My experience from last 2 tournaments tought me one thing: if you plan to play the savages (and use the kunnin rukk with all it's boosts and rerolls) prepare to play no more than 3 battle rounds... I was playing destruction allegiance and you know that the hero phase is like a normal turn then. If you plan to play bonesplitterz take that into account. I use a separate bag with counted dice for arrer boyz to speed it up. Movement trays are also a must because moving twice in a turn all your toy soldiers individually is a waste of time. Throwing 90-120 dice is extreme fun (not for opponent) but picking 6es and 1s for additional rolls is pain in the ass.
I have to play pure bonesplitterz but painting ~100 boyz takes time (to a better level than table top).
And i am usually exhausted after a tournament because my army usually fights till last seconds (other armies usually finish before that).
But any way the naked greenskinz are fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

It's really not that hard to snipe the big boss. I don't think the Kunnin Rukk or arrow Boyz need a nerf. Once the big boss is gone (which isn't hard, his save is abysmal) then they're pretty easy to kill as well. Sure, one of your units within 18" IS going to die in the bonesplitterz shooting phase, but really anyone with a brain can disable this Battalion. I don't even play bonesplitterz and I think the whining about them is very unecessary.

On 2/14/2017 at 10:22 AM, meet.the.doctor said:

My experience from last 2 tournaments tought me one thing: if you plan to play the savages (and use the kunnin rukk with all it's boosts and rerolls) prepare to play no more than 3 battle rounds... I was playing destruction allegiance and you know that the hero phase is like a normal turn then. If you plan to play bonesplitterz take that into account. I use a separate bag with counted dice for arrer boyz to speed it up. Movement trays are also a must because moving twice in a turn all your toy soldiers individually is a waste of time. Throwing 90-120 dice is extreme fun (not for opponent) but picking 6es and 1s for additional rolls is pain in the ass.
I have to play pure bonesplitterz but painting ~100 boyz takes time (to a better level than table top).
And i am usually exhausted after a tournament because my army usually fights till last seconds (other armies usually finish before that).
But any way the naked greenskinz are fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say that i am finding much of the points listed above are accurate. I do enjoy the dynamic of bonesplittas but each hero/shooting phase is a bore and irksome for my opponent. Once you have rolled 120 dice picking up 5's and 6's...rerolling 1's (sometimes twice a turn) for a couple games, you really get to appreciate a quicker play army. That being said, there are other fun build in bonesplitta but if you are going competitive....kunning ruk is it. Ill still pull them out now and again, but its usually when one of my friends wanna run the gauntlet as  stress test against a shooting army.

I'm adding a few Bonesplitterz units to my mixed Orruk force mainly becaus I like a bit of variation. Reading through the Battletome is seems to me there is much more to the Splitterz than just the kunnin Rukk. Hand of Gork is a very nice movement spell and the opportunity to have quite a few ways to have units piling and attacking multiple times in a round jumped out at me. Gameplay wise they look like real fun. There's got to be humour value in flying double fighting Big Stabbas. 

On 03/03/2017 at 10:11 AM, Ollie Grimwood said:

I'm adding a few Bonesplitterz units to my mixed Orruk force mainly becaus I like a bit of variation. Reading through the Battletome is seems to me there is much more to the Splitterz than just the kunnin Rukk. Hand of Gork is a very nice movement spell and the opportunity to have quite a few ways to have units piling and attacking multiple times in a round jumped out at me. Gameplay wise they look like real fun. There's got to be humour value in flying double fighting Big Stabbas. 

I'm thinking Hand of Gork on a unit of savage boar boyz in combat, retreat over the unit and smash into some squishy backfield unit sounds like just the kind of kunnin shenanigans I love. :D

Archived