Deathlords Wishlisting - Matched Play

TerrorPenguin

Just a few thoughts I've had after trying a pure deathlords list for the last few games I've played.

Morghast Archai are currently 240 points for 2. Compared to some units (Kurnoth Hunters with scythes) they appear very overpriced. I would love it if they were 180 points, but I suspect that Kurnoth Hunters with scythes will go up - I feel Archai are basically equivalent to Hunters with scythes - I will accept their consistent damage is huge, lets say 200.

All of the Deathlords (excluding Nagash) either need to come down in points, or need their save increasing to a 3+. I would much rather they change the scrolls, but given that won't happen until we get a new battletome, I'm not sure it will happen and so would take a points decrease. At a 4+ save they are just way too squishy for 460 points (Mannfred) for these supposed mighty lords. He needs to be 360 at the moment, I would accept 400.

I think Arkhan is OK

Nagash, very clearly needs to come down in points. His main ability is nerfed by rule of 1 - I would suggest around 700. 

I would love to see new units: a non-named deathlord (maybe vloat) who allows access to generals abilities and artefacts. Archai with bows would be awesome.

So, building a 2000 point list on this:

Mannfred (400)

Neferrata (400)

Morghast Archai x 4 (400)

Morghast Archai x 2 (200)

Morghast Archai x 2 (200)

Morghast Archai with Bows x4 (400)

That is two more units of Morghast than you can currently get which I think is fair. I realise that Morghast put out a lot of damage - but they can easily be tarpitted or just shot off before they get to the opponents army - and they have very few answers for this.

What do you think? Would this be too strong?

53 minutes ago, TerrorPenguin said:

God I hope so, but we're going to see it, at what, the end of this year at the very earliest?

#Deathlords2018

Unfortunatley you may be right.

we still have duaradin, Aelfs, and possibly slaanesh to get out of the way at the very least :(

Although who knows GW my surprise us yet again.

30 minutes ago, KHHaunts said:

Unfortunatley you may be right.

we still have duaradin, Aelfs, and possibly slaanesh to get out of the way at the very least :(

Although who knows GW my surprise us yet again.

Only hope for slaneesh is if it mirrors the 40k 'god of the dead' theme we might see some new stuff with that

Archived