Has anyone tried making a Warband for Hinterlands??

Dotification

The deal is you buy models individually, like an Ironjawz 'Ardboy would be 18 points/"gold" & you get 150 gold to start.  An Ironjawz MegaBoss seems to be the most expensive Hero you can start with, as they cost half their points in gold, and get half their Wounds rounding up, & no more than half your WarBand can be Heroes (in points or models I don't know.)  Depending on how the battle goes for them, members of your posse can be permanently injured, sit out a skirmish, or level up if it goes better.

I have some power-gamey thoughts, but then again it seems like a good time to use one of those cool MoonClan Grot Shaman/Warboss conversions that I get a kick out of.

BTW the back half of the PDF has rules for running Narrative co-op "Realm Master" campaigns, which looks super fun as well!  (I'm gonna see if the General Disc. forum has a thread on this . . . )

AoS-Hinterlands.pdf

10 hours ago, Dotification said:

The deal is you buy models individually, like an Ironjawz 'Ardboy would be 18 points/"gold" & you get 150 gold to start.  An Ironjawz MegaBoss seems to be the most expensive Hero you can start with, as they cost half their points in gold, and get half their Wounds rounding up, & no more than half your WarBand can be Heroes (in points or models I don't know.)  Depending on how the battle goes for them, members of your posse can be permanently injured, sit out a skirmish, or level up if it goes better.

I have some power-gamey thoughts, but then again it seems like a good time to use one of those cool MoonClan Grot Shaman/Warboss conversions that I get a kick out of.

BTW the back half of the PDF has rules for running Narrative co-op "Realm Master" campaigns, which looks super fun as well!  (I'm gonna see if the General Disc. forum has a thread on this . . . )

AoS-Hinterlands.pdf

10 hours ago, Kevlin said:

Just grabbed the rules and made my first war band. I immediately felt at home with the system, close to the old Mordheim.

Hey guys, thanks for taking an interest! I am especially keen to hear from Destruction players as it's the faction I personally own the least models for and so tweaks rely on external feedback like you guys :D

Feel free to post any feedback here or in the main thread: 

56 minutes ago, HeadHunter said:

I play Beastclaw so my starting warband would be like, 1-2 guys.

I'm sorry! I hope you understand that a system which allowed for 8-10 BCR would have to allow 30-40 grots and other such factions. Path to Glory suits BCR better, and if you want to play Hinterlands it makes the perfect excuse to start a new collection :D 

Just started my new Order warband. Any excuse for more models. However a unit like gryph hounds (something I want to include, the idea of them leading the warband out front sniffing out the enemy) pose a problem. They're 40gp for one to any number. So how much should one be? I'd discuss it with my friend but just want your thoughts...?

1 hour ago, Woolfen said:

Just started my new Order warband. Any excuse for more models. However a unit like gryph hounds (something I want to include, the idea of them leading the warband out front sniffing out the enemy) pose a problem. They're 40gp for one to any number. So how much should one be? I'd discuss it with my friend but just want your thoughts...?

In the GHB Gryph-hounds are 40pt for 1, not any number :) so it's simply 40 gold coins for one too.

13 hours ago, bottle said:

I'm sorry! I hope you understand that a system which allowed for 8-10 BCR would have to allow 30-40 grots and other such factions. Path to Glory suits BCR better, and if you want to play Hinterlands it makes the perfect excuse to start a new collection :D 

No apologies necessary! I knew BCR was an expensive army on a points-per-model basis.  I still think Hinterlands is AMAZING and I hope to get a chance to play it locally.  As soon as more Dwarves are released I'm going to give them a try, perhaps.

You could use Hunters, sabres and yetties I'd imagine.

One of each, basically. xD

I've made a full post in my blog but this is the rundown of my Fimir warband:

-Knight Argrave, the leader of the Knights of Argrave. (Fimirach Noble in Hinterlands/ Ogre Tyrant in AoS).

-Knight Gringat (name not mine) his second in command. A Fimirach Warrior.

-Palladin Bentnose, the magical Gnoblar (Grot Shaman).

-The 6 assorted and replaceable Gnoblars: Whimzy the Cheese Thief, Swigz, Percy, Mr Sneak, Chumly and Groob the Groinbiter.

150 gold.

Sorry for poor photos.

16731644_1240931615995851_769168467_o.jpg

16754309_1240931569329189_1156167633_n.jpg

I never got to really experience mordheim due to the overwhelming number of 40k players where i live. But this looks great, might try to find a couple of people to run this with ^^

A quick question, i had a quick read through and i might have just missed it, do armies that have them benefit from battletraits such as a bonesplitter only warband having its warpaint ? 

11 hours ago, Knight Scáthach of Fimm said:

I've made a full post in my blog but this is the rundown of my Fimir warband:

-Knight Argrave, the leader of the Knights of Argrave. (Fimirach Noble in Hinterlands/ Ogre Tyrant in AoS).

-Knight Gringat (name not mine) his second in command. A Fimirach Warrior.

-Palladin Bentnose, the magical Gnoblar (Grot Shaman).

-The 6 assorted and replaceable Gnoblars: Whimzy the Cheese Thief, Swigz, Percy, Mr Sneak, Chumly and Groob the Groinbiter.

150 gold.

Sorry for poor photos.

16731644_1240931615995851_769168467_o.jpg

16754309_1240931569329189_1156167633_n.jpg

Wow, what an awesome looking Warband! I hope to include a hobby section in the next version with a showcase of player warbands. I'll send you a PM as I would love to feature yours! :D 

1 hour ago, SolarBur said:

I never got to really experience mordheim due to the overwhelming number of 40k players where i live. But this looks great, might try to find a couple of people to run this with ^^

A quick question, i had a quick read through and i might have just missed it, do armies that have them benefit from battletraits such as a bonesplitter only warband having its warpaint ? 

Awesome! At the moment armies don't benefit from allegiance abilities (per page 6, off the top of my head), and instead there are 2 unique command traits to choose for each Grand Alliance. I am hoping people will start making expansions for Hinterlands, and the first obvious one seems to be someone making Command Traits for factions. :) 

6 hours ago, bottle said:

Awesome! At the moment armies don't benefit from allegiance abilities (per page 6, off the top of my head), and instead there are 2 unique command traits to choose for each Grand Alliance. I am hoping people will start making expansions for Hinterlands, and the first obvious one seems to be someone making Command Traits for factions. :) 

That's ok. Just means i'm going to have to run faster across the board to get to the squishy stuff on the other side xD

I like the idea and concept of this game, i always wanted to individualise my models but with the army choices i had it was never something i could do. But with games like this they give a great sense of story and fluff of units renown in the hinterlands. Mine would be an aspiring Wardokk and a small following wander through the realm gate and end up in the hinterlands, chasing some illustrious beast to bring back to the rest of the tribe to show a new place for them to unit. Even something as basic as that can be expanded upon easily when you have a 15 man (or Orruk :P) warband running around. 

Archived