'Competitive' Disciples of Tzeentch

Drillz

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Eldercaveman said:

So with the rule of 1 only letting us cast one of each spell each turn what spells are people tending to pick for which characters from the lore of change? 

Bolt of change is king. I like fold reality too.

I take the rest with no preference if my heroes do not have access to Lore of destiny. Firestorm is both hard to cast and not really effective. How many times it did nothing.

5 minutes ago, Eldercaveman said:

And just spam those two powers across all our wizards? 

It happens quite a lot of time that your LOC start the turn more than 18" of the ennemy so it helps to have Bolt of Change on several heroes and spend a couple of destiny dice to ensure that D6 mortal wounds.

So, has anyone had a chance to play test the Duplicitous Host armies that seem quite powerful on paper? I'm about a fourth of the way done painting this list:

Lord of Change 300 
Lord of Change 300 
Blue Scribes 120
Changeling 140 
Herald of Tzeentch 120 
Gaunt Summoner 100
Gaunt Summoner 100

x10 Pink Horrors 140 
x10 Pink Horrors 140  
x10 Pink Horrors 140 

x10 Brimstone Horrors 40
x10 Brimstone Horrors 40
x10 Blue Horrors 50
x10 Blue Horrors 50

Host Dup + Changehost 110

110 Reserve points, to be used for either a Balewind (against ranged armies) or a squad of Plagubearers (if I need more blockers)

As I said, on paper, it looks solid- lots of lane blockers, powerful spells, the LoC melee'ing a flank on turn 1 (buffed with Mystic Shield, Arcane Transformation, + Shield of Fate), but do such lists actually work? I'd really like to work in a third Mortal/Arcanite caster to get access to the other D6 damage spell, as the two Gaunts here will probably roll with Treacherous Bond (protecting the one using the profile spell) and Shield of Fate (too good to pass up IMO). I'm a bit concerned about heavy mortal wound armies (particularly x3 Thundertusk), but I should be able to burst one of them down with the guaranteed first turn.

2 hours ago, RoloMcFury said:

So, has anyone had a chance to play test the Duplicitous Host armies that seem quite powerful on paper? I'm about a fourth of the way done painting this list:

Lord of Change 300 
Lord of Change 300 
Blue Scribes 120
Changeling 140 
Herald of Tzeentch 120 
Gaunt Summoner 100
Gaunt Summoner 100

x10 Pink Horrors 140 
x10 Pink Horrors 140  
x10 Pink Horrors 140 

x10 Brimstone Horrors 40
x10 Brimstone Horrors 40
x10 Blue Horrors 50
x10 Blue Horrors 50

110 Reserve points, to be used for either a Balewind (against ranged armies) or a squad of Plagubearers (if I need more blockers)

As I said, on paper, it looks solid- lots of lane blockers, powerful spells, the LoC melee'ing a flank on turn 1 (buffed with Mystic Shield, Arcane Transformation, + Shield of Fate), but do such lists actually work? I'd really like to work in a third Mortal/Arcanite caster to get access to the other D6 damage spell, as the two Gaunts here will probably roll with Treacherous Bond (protecting the one using the profile spell) and Shield of Fate (too good to pass up IMO). I'm a bit concerned about heavy mortal wound armies (particularly x3 Thundertusk), but I should be able to burst one of them down with the guaranteed first turn.

As you say, weak to massed ranged firepower. Deep striking Stormcast, forest teleporting Kurnoth Hunters, etc. But strong list when I've played it vs Stormcast/Sylv/Nurgle.

Out of curiosity, are people playing that the D6 mortal wounds spells from Lore of Fate/Change are different spells? They have the same name.

3 hours ago, Eldercaveman said:

So with the rule of 1 only letting us cast one of each spell each turn what spells are people tending to pick for which characters from the lore of change? 

I try to keep one Tzaangor Shaman with Fold Reality hanging out with my Skyfire/Enlightened.

Except so far they've been pincushioned to death and I haven't had the chance to use it. *weep*

Think I'm going to run Fateweaver in my list alongside 2 Lords of change to have some more mortal wounds powers going off as well as the spawn he creates as annoying hassle units. 

To clarify his spell does he create a spawn per model he kills or just one spawn even if you kill 6 models?

7 hours ago, Eldercaveman said:

Think I'm going to run Fateweaver in my list alongside 2 Lords of change to have some more mortal wounds powers going off as well as the spawn he creates as annoying hassle units. 

To clarify his spell does he create a spawn per model he kills or just one spawn even if you kill 6 models?

If anything is killed by the spell set up a spawn. doesn't matter if its 1 or 6. its not one for every model killed though.

Just bear in mind you will need to keep points back for it as its a new unit and classes as summoning.

Ah because it's anot effect of a spell even though it's not just a direct summon. That sucks. I guess I'll just leave Fateweaver out and have the points there to summon with depending on my opponent. 

On the back of this does the split and split again rules take up reinforcement points?

On 2/27/2017 at 10:00 PM, RoloMcFury said:

Lord of Change 300 
Lord of Change 300 
Blue Scribes 120
Changeling 140 
Herald of Tzeentch 120 
Gaunt Summoner 100
Gaunt Summoner 100

x10 Pink Horrors 140 
x10 Pink Horrors 140  
x10 Pink Horrors 140 

x10 Brimstone Horrors 40
x10 Brimstone Horrors 40
x10 Blue Horrors 50
x10 Blue Horrors 50

Silly question here, but is that a legal army with seven characters for 2000 points? I know you can get round it with summoning but just curious

43 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Silly question here, but is that a legal army with seven characters for 2000 points? I know you can get round it with summoning but just curious

Woah! I had literally no clue there was a limit on heroes. So, one Gaunt summoner is getting the boot. Back to the drawing board!

1 hour ago, Eldercaveman said:

Ah because it's anot effect of a spell even though it's not just a direct summon. That sucks. I guess I'll just leave Fateweaver out and have the points there to summon with depending on my opponent. 

On the back of this does the split and split again rules take up reinforcement points?

Yes,

Unless you can split them into an existing unit, but you are unable to take said unit past its starting number.

24 minutes ago, Eldercaveman said:

That kind of sucks. Good to know though because it isn't painfully obvious. 

How come I don't see more skyfires in lists. They seem like a great unit with 16" fly and 24" range shooting. 

alpha strike lists. you need a decent combat unit. skyfires are squishy so tbh with the increasing amount of long ranged shooting its slowly putting me off using them as theyll just be shot off an battleshocked the rest 

Archived