'Competitive' Disciples of Tzeentch

Drillz

I have one question. 

I can play fatesworn warband withouth break the allegiance?

I really need it, and is the only way to give to the fatemaster a bit help (with the rend) to be useful xd.

I read on a faq about the keywords of the units included in a batallion.

If all units of a batallion Include the same keyword, the batallion have this keyword then. Its true? Fatesworn warband dont break tzeentch allegiance?

I play it in fatesworn with 2x9 acolites (with rend), Fatemaster( Boundless Mutation + Paradoxical Shield, and give him +1 attack with a spell) 9 Chaos Knights, warriors, and gaunts summoners, vilich. (ups, curseling xd), ogroid traumaturge, etc.

I love mix arcanites+mortals, but fatesworn ia the only way to do it :/

I read it several times, if all uinits from a batallion have the same keyword you can play it on that allegiance. But i see the faq in spanish and englisn and i can't find im, maybye they say it on his facebook?

Ty!

Edit: Ok, warscrolls, page 95 of disciples of tzeentch, point 4.

"If all units of a warscroll batallion have the same allegiance the warscroll can be part of this allegiance"

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello All

Just curious if any of you have played with a Tzaangor Horde style army, ie 40+ Tzaangors, lots of skyfires, shamans and so on. How does the army perform, is it somewhat competitive?

Im used to playing Host Diplicitous with Change Host and feel like a bit of change.

How are tournaments ruling the splitting of horrors? 

Hopefully sensibly - like this:

Q: In Matched play, how do I deal with "undersized" units (e.g. when creating 6 Blue Horrors from using Split from 3 Pink Horrors or when I summon 2 D6 Dryads)?

A: On the basis of "you get what you pay for" and to avoid excessive bookkeeping, when a new unit is created using such rules - you must decide how many reinforcement points you are subtracting from your pool. The points subtracted then determine the maximum size of the unit. You can top up the number of models to that maximum size even if the unit was summoned/set up initially below that size.

For example, a Branchwraith can summon a unit of 8 Dryads after the player decides to subtract 120 points from the pool of reinforcement points. A Gnarlroot Wizard can then top up the unit by D3 models using Verdurous Harmony. However, if the result is that 3 models are added, then only 2 can be added as the player has only paid for 10 models (not 20 or 30).

After 3 Pink Horrors die in the shooting phase, a player can subtract 50 points for a unit of 10 Blue Horrors, but only gets to deploy 6 models at the end of that phase. If 4 more Pink Horrors die in the Combat Phase, the player can top up the 6 Blues to 10 models (but not more) without paying reinforcement points (as normal); and optionally create another unit of 10 Blue Horrors (for a further 50 points), but only gets to deploy 4 models.

If 8 Blue Horrors die on the combat phase, then the player can choose to spend 40, 80 or 120 points for a unit of 10, 20 or 30 Brimstone Horrors, but only gets to deploy 8 models at the end of that phase (in all 3 cases). These can then be topped up subsequently to the maximum size paid for (i.e. 10, 20 or 30).

On 8/7/2017 at 4:17 AM, Hightime said:

Hello All

Just curious if any of you have played with a Tzaangor Horde style army, ie 40+ Tzaangors, lots of skyfires, shamans and so on. How does the army perform, is it somewhat competitive?

Im used to playing Host Diplicitous with Change Host and feel like a bit of change.

I wonder if Tzaangors will get the Massive regiments treatment...could be good

Posted my mixed Chaos list today, but also wanted to know how i can build a decent list with my tzeentch models.

Have 12 Flamers, 18 Screamers, 30 Pinks, 2 Ogroids, 1 Gaunt Summoner, 1 Blue Scribes, 1 Herald of Tzeentch, 1 Sorcerer Lord, 10 Chaoswarriors, 1 Archaon (big), 1 Gorebeast Chariot. Rest of my collection is mostly khorne and nurgle.

Also have old Loc and Kairos model, can i use them in tournaments?

Thought about this for 1k games:

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Heroes
The Blue Scribes (120)
Daemon Prince Of Tzeentch (160)
- General
- Trait: Incorporeal Form
- Artefact: Phantasmal Weapons

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)

Total: 560/1000

Rest for summoning. Can try summon Plaguebearers etc.

What do you think of that? Any suggestions ?

On 8/7/2017 at 4:17 AM, Hightime said:

Hello All

Id say no since the max size is 30 lol and considering their cost no one would want to go above 30 anyway. I want to know if there is any rumored points changes. Id like to see more Tzaangor spamming lol

Ive been finding that Stormcast with their Gryph hounds and Lightning Chariots have been putting a stop to my Changehost.

They either lightning chariot onto Changling T1, reveal it and take him out thus cutting me off from schendigans, or they deploy multiple Gryph hounds thus stopping me from swapping anything in, as they play Gun lines and tear anything I try to setup.

As such I have sunk to new levels of depravity. I use Kairos to stop their lightning chariot going off if they take T1 and try to stop me, else I wait for some other time to disrupt them.

Any advice much appreciated.

Heroes
LOC

The Changeling

Tzaangor Shaman

Herald of Tzeentch

Kairos Fateweaver

Battleline

Other

6 x Skyfires

10 x Brimstones

10 x Brimstones

10 x Brimstones

10 x Blue Horrors

Changehost

1990 Points

There are other Changehost Shenanigans (indeed I'm going rapidly off the Changeling these days). You can swap two units of Pinks and thereby deploy both units into parallel lines 10" long pointing at the enemy. This puts both units on range to cast spells. You can then swap the LoC for the end model of one of the lines for another two spells, charge and melee.

11 hours ago, Drillz said:

1 tzaangor shaman

1 tzaangor shaman

changling

10 pink horrors

10 pink horrors

10 pink horrors

9 skyfires

9 skyfires

240pt summoning pool for summoning/splitting

2000pts

Im here to win not make friends

Too bad that probably wont work in about 2 weeks lol

Hi guys,

Been working on this list for 2000 - anyone got any thoughts? I know the points will probably change soon and that the Herald on Chariot isn't great but it gives me the Exalted Flamer and avoids me having to take the Blue Scribes. Also, do I have to pick the Changehost warscroll to get The Hosts Duplicitous? If not there's room for more Blue Horrors there? Anyways, here's the list, thanks for any input:

Heroes

Lord Of Change (300) - General

The Changeling (140)

Herald Of Tzeentch On Disc (120) - Staff of Change

Herald Of Tzeentch On Burning Chariot (200) - Staff of Change

Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)

Units

1 x Burning Chariots Of Tzeentch (160)

10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)

10 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (40)

1 x Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch (120)

6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (320)

Battalions

Changehost (60)

The Hosts Duplicitous (50)

Total: 2000/ 2000

Heroes: 5/6 Battlelines: 3 (3+) Behemoths: 1/4 Artillery: 0/4

Hey guys,

Me and @Forestreveries won Brothers of Sigmar this past weekend using combined Disciples of Tzeentch lists. Whilst our lists were strong, the battleplans devised by @jonwarmington were great at keeping us in check and made us work for every win + secondary missions. I think the biggest boost though was the fact that whilst there was only one General, both players got to use allegiance abilities. This was not abusive in any other pairing at the event (I think), however 2 sets of Destiny Dice was pretty OP it has to be said!!

Anyway, this is your guys competitive thread and we felt pretty competitive (I suspect our victims opponents would concur!) so I thought I'd share the lists;

Chris Tomlin

Herald of Tzeentch - General, Magical Supremacy, Tzeentch's Firestorm
Tzaangor Shaman - Aura of Mutability, Treacherous Bond

10 Pink Horrors - Bolt of Change
10 Pink Horrors - Fold Reality

9 Tzaangor Skyfires

Aaron Bailey

Tzaangor Shaman - Aura of Mutability, Glimpse the Future

10 Pink Horrors - Unchecked Mutation

9 Tzaangor Skyfires

120 reserve points

Hopefully I've got the spells and whatnot the right way round there. Nothing innovative whatsoever, but super strong and really fun to use (after playing Ironjawz for so long it felt like I'd finally hit Super Saiyan!!).

With the increases in General's Handbook 2017, I will be able to add a Lord of Change and some Tzaangor and call this a 2k army.

You can see photos of the army on my Twitter (@the_black_sun) if you fancy it. Myself and Aaron will be recording a podcast review our games to be released next Monday (The Black Sun). I will link to it when it's out for any of you Tzeentch players who may be interested.

Cheers,
Chris

• 3 weeks later...
On 13.08.2017 at 8:10 AM, Nico said:

There are other Changehost Shenanigans (indeed I'm going rapidly off the Changeling these days). You can swap two units of Pinks and thereby deploy both units into parallel lines 10" long pointing at the enemy. This puts both units on range to cast spells. You can then swap the LoC for the end model of one of the lines for another two spells, charge and melee.

Amazing. :D

I'm looking into the Changehost, after an amazing successes with Arcanites. Any other gimmicks you know?

Hi all guys!i have seen many list posted after gh2 release but the sorcerer lord on manticore is not considered. Why? He cost only 200 points , with destiny dice you can chose like two sixs or a five and a six for cast his spell and potentially do a lot of mortal wound. He Is fast and with infusion arcanum ( if you finish your destiny dice big numbers) you can be strong in combat phase too ( your manticore became so scary ) .

is this model understimate?

On 08/15/2017 at 11:19 AM, Chris Tomlin said:

Hey guys,

Me and @Forestreveries won Brothers of Sigmar this past weekend using combined Disciples of Tzeentch lists. Whilst our lists were strong, the battleplans devised by @jonwarmington were great at keeping us in check and made us work for every win + secondary missions. I think the biggest boost though was the fact that whilst there was only one General, both players got to use allegiance abilities. This was not abusive in any other pairing at the event (I think), however 2 sets of Destiny Dice was pretty OP it has to be said!!

Anyway, this is your guys competitive thread and we felt pretty competitive (I suspect our victims opponents would concur!) so I thought I'd share the lists;

Chris Tomlin

Herald of Tzeentch - General, Magical Supremacy, Tzeentch's Firestorm
Tzaangor Shaman - Aura of Mutability, Treacherous Bond

10 Pink Horrors - Fold Reality

9 Tzaangor Skyfires

Aaron Bailey

Tzaangor Shaman - Aura of Mutability, Glimpse the Future

10 Pink Horrors - Unchecked Mutation

9 Tzaangor Skyfires

120 reserve points

Hopefully I've got the spells and whatnot the right way round there. Nothing innovative whatsoever, but super strong and really fun to use (after playing Ironjawz for so long it felt like I'd finally hit Super Saiyan!!).

With the increases in General's Handbook 2017, I will be able to add a Lord of Change and some Tzaangor and call this a 2k army.

You can see photos of the army on my Twitter (@the_black_sun) if you fancy it. Myself and Aaron will be recording a podcast review our games to be released next Monday (The Black Sun). I will link to it when it's out for any of you Tzeentch players who may be interested.

Cheers,
Chris

lame, lol ?

On 04/22/2017 at 8:54 AM, Iradekhorne said:

I have one question. 

I can play fatesworn warband withouth break the allegiance?

I really need it, and is the only way to give to the fatemaster a bit help (with the rend) to be useful xd.

I read on a faq about the keywords of the units included in a batallion.

If all units of a batallion Include the same keyword, the batallion have this keyword then. Its true? Fatesworn warband dont break tzeentch allegiance?

I play it in fatesworn with 2x9 acolites (with rend), Fatemaster( Boundless Mutation + Paradoxical Shield, and give him +1 attack with a spell) 9 Chaos Knights, warriors, and gaunts summoners, vilich. (ups, curseling xd), ogroid traumaturge, etc.

I love mix arcanites+mortals, but fatesworn ia the only way to do it :/

I read it several times, if all uinits from a batallion have the same keyword you can play it on that allegiance. But i see the faq in spanish and englisn and i can't find im, maybye they say it on his facebook?

Ty!

Edit: Ok, warscrolls, page 95 of disciples of tzeentch, point 4.

"If all units of a warscroll batallion have the same allegiance the warscroll can be part of this allegiance"

Many smart people in this forum argue that you can do it. In my opinion it is not clear, because units and battalions have to be tzeentch (see gh2). But this battalion is named everchosen on its warscroll.

10 hours ago, Malakithe said:

What sort of success have you had? Whats your Arcanite list?

I've won every local tournament that I've attended to. It was basically just the Skyfire spam with LoC, but I've added Tzaangor blob to push into my opponents deployment zone and his objective markers.

Sure, Malakithe. The prices are from GH2, but back then it was legal. Now I'm trying a 30 Tzaangor blob, 9 Skyfires and 3 Enlightened Tzaangor Coven +2x 10 Marauders and the same heroes (different spells though - Treason and Bolt) list, but I'm not sure. First tournament in 2 weeks. ;)

Gaunt Summoner (120)
- Lore of Fate : Glimpse the Future
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
- Lore of Fate : Shield of Fate
Lord Of Change (300)
- General
- Command Trait : Magical Supremacy
- Artefact : Wellspring of Arcane Might
- Lore of Change : Tzeentch's Firestorm
Units
9 x Tzaangor Skyfires (600)
9 x Tzaangor Skyfires (600)
20 x Tzaangors (360)
10 x Chaos Marauders (60)
10 x Chaos Marauders (60)

1 minute ago, ssharkus said:

Sadly now that you cant swap a single unit two times - changehost lost most of it gimmicks.

Too bad. Is there any consensus about the Changehost list for GH2 for now?

Archived