AoS28 - The Dark Age of Sigmar

Ben

On 5/3/2017 at 0:41 PM, Kramer said:

This is just ridiculous There are too many details and beautiful fades for a 28mm model. This just makes me want to give up or really commit to getting better. Scr*w Kim Kardashian, Lady Ninsar has the butt that breaks the internet. 

Well done sir/madam 

Not to take anything away from the painter, that is an amazing job and  looks great, but I also don't want you to give up, this is not a 28mm model, it is about 5 inches tall

UFM-TP03.jpg

Loving this thread, and the models people are working on look great and have been really inspiring.

I'm in the early stages of an idea centred around an outcast chaos dwarf daemonsmith looking to gain enough power to return and make those who cast him out pay. Part of this is going to be a ogre bodyguard who used to work in the mines as a labourer. I've always loved the forgeworld renegade ogryn so thought AoS28 the perfect setting for them, also think that the masks they wear took like the kind of thing they might wear in the mines.

C_F612ZXYAExtbh.jpg.2894d8d6c3ae8085f9e4734474da103e.jpg

Think that most of the model fits well with the Chaos Dwarf aesthetic but have cut of some of the pipes and tubes sticking out of his body to make it look a little less 40K and added the tusks and a couple of sprouting spikes.  I also like the idea that the ogre has had to make makeshift weapons so hacked off his now hand and made a ball and chain from bits he's found. He's also added bits to the mine lamp he ripped off the wall as he fled the mine and has attached some of the skulls of the things he's killed to it as trophies.

Anyway still early days, but enjoying playing around with different bits, and coming up with the fluff to go with it.

Edited by EvDJ
  • Like 3

This thread continues to be filled with more and more awesome models backed up by imaginative backstories. 

2 weeks of free time gave me the time to be pretty productive. I finished one of the most important characters for my Slaaneshi army but I also got to work on an AoS28 warband. For the Eclipse contest @Bruticus is running I created a 'witch hunter' and 2 of his followers. I allowed myself to do something a bit controversial, elves with blackpowder weapons and technology you might expect with dwarfs (or Skaven)... I've had a lot of fun with the conversions and painting a totally different color scheme.

so pics first, and some fluff to finish it off.

91ksilRl.jpg R4afeRKm.jpg

H9RMVwXl.jpg

"Jaeson awoke from dreamless sleep on the floor of his mother’s house of pleasure. Such was the extent of her love she rather reserved the beds for paying customers. Jaeson imagined he was a living reminder of the many humiliating things she had to do to get to where she was now. It had been decades since she had to sell her body to wealthy patrons who could afford to spend a night with a beautiful elven maiden. But it still pained her to look at her son's face. Jaeson did not know it was because he looked like his father or that she was simply disgusted by the more human features in his face.

Outside Jaeson could just make out the hulking realmgate that dominated the skyline of this part of the city. A thick, oily fog rolled out of the gate into the streets. The district of Nohr had always been shrouded in darkness, but with the eclipse it had somehow gotten even darker. Jaeson chuckled as he imagined that for once even the richest noble in the highest part of the city experienced what it was to live in darkness, a very rare sensation for the inhabitants of Hysh.

A loud shrieking sound wiped the smile of his face as dark winged creatures emerged from the realmgate. Never before had the rift that led to the realm of Ulgu been so active. As he grabbed his helmet and sword, Jaeson prayed the eclipse would soon be over."

Edited by elfhead
  • Like 5

This is exactly what I have been going for since I started fantasy. This is awesome and gives me focus and direction. I'm going to read through this whole forum carefully in the next few days. I hope the new AoS 'skirmish' game fits into this nicely, because I probably don't want to try and learn and promote Hinterlands. People are raving about Shadow Wars, and I'm currently building a Genestealer Cult warband that would probably fit right in with Inq28. I have a ton of models that are or are close to exactly what AoS28 is, and I'll be organizing and finalizing them for show here soon. Though I keep leaning more and more toword the hobby, I tend to make models built around GW game systems so I can enjoy them on the table (I love to take action shots!) First, I'll show one of my most popular conversions, and some lore behind it. It's a little big for AoS28 so I'll get it out of the way first:

Ancient Nehekhara was a beautiful but harsh, unforgiving land. Few creatures could survive the unforgiving, sun-bleached sands. The people who resided in this ancient kingdom had to travel quickly, often upon horses bred for durability and speed. The lords of the kingdom would ride great decorated chariots - the size and extravagance of the chariot denoting the stature of the lord. However large and extravagant a chariot might be, all pale in comparison to the most prized of all mounts - the rare and legendary beasts known as the Vhuul.

The Vhuul were great muscular beasts who roamed the desert on dark nights. Some claim they are descendant from the great dragons of Naggaroth, others that they are corruptions of the beasts now known as Dracoth. They are carrion beasts, roaming for those animals and creatures the desert has claimed. They say that the eating of dead flesh grants great unnatural strength, but also binds the living soul to the will of Nagash. If so this great strength could be seen in the dark elegance of of Vhuul.

There are claims that some of the ancient peoples of Nehekhara were able to capture and even train these creatures as loyal mounts. By the height of the Nehekahara empire, however, such an idea was already legend. Few of these creatures remained and their bones were entombed, later to be resurrected as the great skeletal guardians known as the Morghast Archai. After the time of Nagash, the great Vampire Lords would try to re-create a Vhuul as great constructs of flesh and bone. These creatures came to be known as Abyssal Terrors. Though great and powerful flying mounts, they were Vhuul only in concept, the actual beasts having gone extinct in a lost age.

In this new age, by some corruption of the will of Sigmar, the Vhuul have returned, seen wandering the great bone seas of Shyish. Neferata sensed the essence of these beasts immediately and began enforcing her will upon them, organizing a coven of the beats to act as loyal bodyguards. While she herself now rides upon a Dread Abyssal, the greatest and most loyal of her vampires may be gifted one of these Vhuul, the greatest prize awarded for service to the Queen of the Damned.

IMG_4848.JPG.2f7ec75dfde8b32c7160df9aadde44f6.JPG
IMG_4849.JPG.039873546b2dc68f8072873a6ef30334.JPG
IMG_4850.JPG.c3427e7eef025a5fb21f608e44318572.JPG

Neferata still looks like the beautiful young woman she was when she ruled Lahmia,
though her sunless existence has given her pure white skin, and her eyes have turned yellow.
Long black tresses frame an exquisite face that is still capable of inspiring worship, though it is incapable of expressing pity.

- Warhammer Wikia

IMG_4852.JPG.65899b83049923d36908b570707c5a84.JPG

Edited by WoollyMammoth
  • Like 4

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:56 PM, Kovaks said:

Not to take anything away from the painter, that is an amazing job and  looks great, but I also don't want you to give up, this is not a 28mm model, it is about 5 inches tall

UFM-TP03.jpg

Actually the model is 28mm. It is supposed to be a large model compared to a "normal" 28mm human figure. But its ok, I didn't intend it to deceive in any way. Thank you all for your wonderful comments. This model is one of my favorite and I with the company was still around making models.

• Like 1

-My entry for Eclipse contest-
In the highest peaks of the Worlds Edge Mountains legends talked about a monastic orders of warrior monks, called “Nigra Mano”, closed in ancient abbey hidden by clouds and fogs. The name of the order was due to black ink monks used to transcribing in the centuries every magic spell against Chaos evil force. During the Great Migration an ogre tribe abandoned in the snow a newborn, nobody knows the reason, maybe his mother saved him by the hunger of other maneaters. Monks found the child and named him Dimitar. The ogre growed up as a human, the monks thaught him their language, spells and a pure hate against every race of demons. Once upon a day, a fetid group of lesser demons killed a monks outside the abbey, Dimitar arrived to late to save the monk, slaughtered all the demons but chained up two of them. Since that day Dimiter’s life has never known peace, he has continued to walk around the old world to hunt every form of evil dragging his two lesser demons as screaming hounds.

tumblr_opnhh0dqNU1un8bpeo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_opnhh0dqNU1un8bpeo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_opnhh0dqNU1un8bpeo3_1280.jpg

Edited by Giuseppe gdb
  • Like 3

Let me tell you of Torment the Fiend Touched, leader of the Last Hope mercenary company. A diverse group of misfits known for high risk attacks on the forces of chaos.  The companies most infamous mission was the assassination of Gurg'ox the Pox Ridden, a Lord of Plagues, which came at the high cost of several veterans lives.

Torments uses shadow magic to appear behind targets, deliver the coup de grace, and then vanish. 

I'm extremely excited about AoS28, and love all the models that have been created so far. Sorry the picture quality isn't the greatest. Anyways Torment counts as a Tenebrael Shard. The idea for the model was to have him popping out of the shadows for a fatal attack. I'm designing the warband to feel like a group of adventurers, which has been pretty fun.

5914ac4adc5df_Torment3web.jpg.639d716867e09d90b52ac640605e5be1.jpg5914ac542f5d0_Torment4web.jpg.b627abd385c5ddcf1c8f41b3a5d200bb.jpg 5914ac280eff3_Torment2web.jpg.f06ef23c6ae05ccab15c3078280dd886.jpg

• Like 3

Got some sudden inspiration today and cobbled together another witch hunter for Eclipse. Don't think I'll have time to finish it, but I think I can get him to fit right in with my Rusted Shore duardin. This was very much building mini and concept at the same time, so I don't have a finished story yet, but I'm thinking grim, lone daemonhunter riding through the wastes.IMG_20170513_163257_333.jpg.1a02fd9f1df48024ea0943b5d558f663.jpg

• Like 4

My finished Eclipse entry:

The Witchsmeller Accusant, Itinerant Arbiter of the Unliving God

Like every wretch that lopes and capers in the court of King Gargantula the Colossal, the Witchsmeller Accusant labours under delusions of grandeur. Since slaughtering a priest of Sigmar, removing his heart and tearing off his horse's head, the Witchsmeller believes himself to be Nagash's chosen representative in the Cadaverian Provinces, with a holy mission to seek out and punish heresy, sedition and apostasy against the Unliving God's glorious rule. In truth the two have never even been in each other's presence, for the Supreme Lord of the Undead would never deign to entertain such a deranged and conceited scullion.

The Witchsmeller Accusant wears the dead priest's heart around his neck as a badge of office, believing it to be a divine seal that endows him with the authority of Nagash himself to be judge, jury and grisly executioner to all and sundry. He rides out on a steed that he perceives to shimmer with a golden aura of righteousness, but which is nothing more than the rotting head of the priest's horse mounted upon a pike. With the grudging permission of his abhorrent king, the Witchsmeller stalks the provinces accompanied by the most devout paladins and acolytes of the court, sniffing out the deviant and the apostate wherever they may hide.

Human healers who furtively scratch out an existence in the bleakest cracks and corners of Shyish are among those who draw the attention of the Witchsmeller's insatiable nose, guilty as they are of prolonging mortal life so that their souls may elude the benevolent clutches of Nagash for another day. In the scattered encampments beyond the Cadaverian Provinces, humble practitioners of the healing arts seeking nothing more than to relieve the suffering of their desperate and downtrodden people have been discovered strung up from corpse trees, flayed almost to the bone by an unknown assailant.

For all that, it is his fellow mordants for whom the Witchsmeller reserves his most damning judgements and cruellest punishments. Any flesh-eater, whether prince or pauper, that dares to perceive Nagash as anything other than a haloed vision of divine majesty is liable to be tortured for days, weeks or even months until the full extent of their deviance has been confessed. With their sins exposed and souls duly cleansed, the mordants are delivered, screaming, unto the bosom of their beneficent god, and the Witchsmeller Accusant rides out to whichever forsaken corner of the realms his crooked nose might lead him next.

Witchsmeller Accusant 12.jpg

Witchsmeller Accusant 13.jpg

Witchsmeller Accusant 16.jpg

The Witch Hunters of the Ulguneth are a contridiction,

Forever between Order and Madness,

Witches hunting Witches,

Neither Beast nor Man.

IMG_2945.JPG

Mystic, Witch-hunter, Head-taker.

IMG_2950.JPG

Here's my entry for the Witch Hunter Comp!

That's three of seven Dark Aelf archetypes done for the Ulguneth warband.

IMG_2945.JPG

IMG_2950.JPG

• Like 6