AoS28 - The Dark Age of Sigmar

Ben

7 minutes ago, Toby said:

Dragons, it is said, are proud and noble creatures. But the corrupting influence of the marsh affects everything that lives there, and the Marsh Dragon, for all its strength, is no exception. It is sly and lethal, feared by all, and undoubtedly the top predator of the area. Its claws and snapping jaws can make short work of the beasts that it ambushes from the murky water, and anything larger can be dispatched with blasts of toxic - and highly flammable - swamp gas.

The recent incursion by Clan Pestilens has given the Marsh Dragon a plentiful source of food. It has pulled down stormvermin and rat ogres alike, drowning anything too big to kill with its teeth. But, deep in its cold heart, it knows that the skaven are more than just prey. They bring with them an evil deeper than anything that lurks in the swamp. They will have to be destroyed, even if that means putting aside the Marsh Dragon's feud with the humans in Fort Dirge.

Getting a tolerable photo of this model with my ropey camera was about as easy as taking Nessie's picture. Anyway, I'm glad to have made something new out of an old, battered model that wasn't doing anything. While it could do with a bit of tidying up, I enjoyed doing the conversion work, especially on its head. I think it's crawling, low shape fits the aesthetic that I've been trying to get with these miniatures.

Marsh Dragon.jpg

Marsh+Dragon+2.jpg

Edited by Toby
  • Like 3

Here's my two completed  Tree Revenants for my AOS28 Sylvaneth warband! As the greens and blues of my chosen Sylvaneth paintscheme are so bright, I used only greys on their clothes to accentuate / not overpower these colours. 

The idea behind these guys is that they've been disguised as humans, infiltrated into a city and gathering intel on enemies of the Dreadwood Sylvaneth. To fit into clothes they need to shave down their bodies, a form of flagellation that causes unintentional growth, as seen on their arms.

This Revenant is more of a traditional Tree Revenant, operating in a scouting role to secure information.

2017-03-06%2B22.24.47.jpg

Whereas this Revenant has assumed a role as a wizard's apprentice, using his innate magical properties as a Sylvaneth to gain a more prominent position.

2017-03-06%2B22.25.28.jpg

• Like 3

There are some incredible models in this thread recently, and plenty in the Facebook group as well: far more interest than I had anticipated. It is hard to keep up! 

With the arrival of the new Warhammer Quest there is some great synchronicity between AoS28 and Games Workshop - you can use your converted heroes to explore the WHQ dungeon as well as to lead your Hinterlands warbands.

And for everyone that still hasn't had an idea about what to build, there is a small competition starting soon that I hope will be the final push you need to get started.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bruticus said:

There are some incredible models in this thread recently, and plenty in the Facebook group as well: far more interest than I had anticipated. It is hard to keep up! 

With the arrival of the new Warhammer Quest there is some great synchronicity between AoS28 and Games Workshop - you can use your converted heroes to explore the WHQ dungeon as well as to lead your Hinterlands warbands.

And for everyone that still hasn't had an idea about what to build, there is a small competition starting soon that I hope will be the final push you need to get started.

A competition??? Amazing! Details!

"Walking through the streets of Chraceroca the rhythmic chanties sung by the Ritus Squadras as they perform the work to keep the city safe and supplied, echo off the walls and mix with the sounds of passing carts and people's chatter. Built upon a spur of rock that rises out of the Spotted Plains and juts above the treetops of the bordering Great Rustlewood, Chracerooca imposes itself on the surrounding land. There are endless pulley systems, winches, and cranks, that lift supplies to the city, pump water upwards, and raise and lower the gates, manned by the Ritus Squadras. In these chanties Samuele and his brother, Yoan, found comfort as they headed towards Kanonroest. They were Fides Pressors and served the Kurnath Militant. Though they no longer saw through their mortal eyes, the brothers did not stumble on their way, deftly traversing the windswept warrens that made up the Windedge District. They had just returned from Spotted Plains but before they could rest, they needed to bring the results of their recently issued hunt to Kanonroest.

20170307_111621.jpg.54d4a34ed4f4fe88a78020523b01105d.jpg20170307_111653.jpg.05920892e21f5369cc5aa8d12b102770.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, elfhead said:

If and when I (or anyone else for that matter) start a plog, should I put it in the painting/modelling section or in this narratieve section?

Think it depends on how you use it. I'll probably start a plog soon and although I will try to add some backstory it will be mostly about conversion issues, asking for C&C etc.  So I'm going for painting section. If you focus on more on the narrative side I guess this section would be more fitting. 

15 hours ago, MegabossChompa said:

This is amazing stuff. What parts did you use (other than slaughterpriest)

Thanks @MegabossChompa!

Beastman Ungor head, skulls on belt from Ork Nobz, right hand from Orruk Brutes, crown made from 2 Plaguebearer heads chopped up, shield from Ogre Ironguts looted gear, greenstuffed "royal regalia", horned skull on back from Grey Knights (? I think...). Base made of chopped up Citadel Woods.

• Like 1

Hey guys, loving all the stuff on here its really inspiring!.

Just thought I would through the start of my merry band of despair.

The forest that had bore many names before but most recently "rotspue confluence" that was until the mighty righteous hordes from the heavens drove the darkness from the very ground with their purging lightening.

Buzzing, chriping life filled the air that had once droned with the sounds of the debased awoke the slumbering giant of a man.

'What is this, where am I.' The thoughts buzzed through his head confusion seeping from his every pore. Then the voice struck, no mortal sound could make it and none outside the man's skull could hear it. The words if they could be called such as they seemed to ooze, buzz and slide round his mind in a way day old offal might slide from a rusted blade.

"RISE MY CHILD, DEFEAT IS NO EXCUSE TO SLEEP MUCH HAS YET TO BE SPREAD. NEW LIFE BRINGS CHANCE FOR NEW INFECTION"

His lord and master bayed him to begin the grest work again Nurgle regenerative power rebuilding his broken body anew refilling it with vital energy.

It was time he had lost to sigmar's ****** and his beutiful forest had fallen to rebirth but he would not fail again.

With that the mighty figure of Glutsplan Goreblessed stood his pale armour glistening with infection his mighty hammer Rotspreader a mockery of those that Sigmar finest carry swinging in his massive fist, corruption seeping around every step.

"Now where was that pathetic village, I am in need of followers"

Off he strode to bring back his beutiful garden he had lovingly made for his Grandfather...

20170308_111630.jpg

20170308_111643.jpg

20170308_111655.jpg

20170308_111745.jpg

• Like 3

New twin swordsman . I wanted this guy to look angrier than the others .like hes just dispatched his opponents with his twin demon blades .

And the main sorcerer for the group i wanted to pat homage to the old fungus bodied realm of chaos figures the floating skull in his fist will be painted up as a spell effect

tmp_16113-20170308_2136481495845938.jpg

tmp_16113-20170308_213706-539662008.jpg

tmp_16113-20170308_213843-1605371035.jpg

tmp_16113-20170308_213740-1915721019.jpg

tmp_16113-20170308_213922-1188670504.jpg

• Like 8

First warrior of the Alluminarchate finished!

Only white and gold on this model... Wanted to try a very limited palette as I envisioned them as pure warriors of light. I had fun with the subtle references on these warriors: there is a bit of crusader knights, Ottoman Dervishes, beduin nomads and a slightly unsettling hint to the KKK... These are after all fanatics of purity and I wanted to make clear that the fact that they fight for the Law does not mean that they are the good guys... The chequered motif is a reference to early warhammer iconography and a good metaphor of the eternal struggle between Law and Chaos. The other warrior and the Alluminarch to follow up soon hopefully!

Hagen

Alluinarchate warrior5.jpg

Alluminarchate warrior6.jpg

Alluminarchate warrior7.jpg

Alluminarchate warrior1.jpg

Alluminarchate warrior2.jpg

Alluminarchate warrior3.jpg

Alluminarchate warrior4.jpg

Edited by Hagen
  • Like 33

Awesome Hagen!

Here's the beginnings of my latest warband, some Ulgu-ite Aelves. Trying to come up with a name for the overall warband is hard, as so little is known about them in the current fluff! Can't decide if Ulguneth is a good idea or a bad one!

The next piece of the warband will be drawing from the Malerion image, not sure where to start with gathering bits for that though, anyone have any ideas?

2017-03-13 07.50.27.jpg

2017-03-13 07.50.55.jpg

Edited by Paul G
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Paul G said:

Awesome Hagen!

Here's the beginnings of my latest warband, some Ulgu-ite Aelves. Trying to come up with a name for the overall warband is hard, as so little is known about them in the current fluff! Can't decide if Ulguneth is a good idea or a bad one!

The next piece of the warband will be drawing from the Malerion image, not sure where to start with gathering bits for that though, anyone have any ideas?

Really nice conversions Paul and an interesting theme... I also wonder what these new Ulgu shadow elves will look like. 

I guess you are referring to this image below for Malerion? (sorry, couldn't find a higher res one)

It looks pretty ambitious to me and I am fairly sure that GW has a model of him down the pipeline, probably already completed and sitting in a corner awaiting launch day, but if you want to challenge yourself then I would probably look at dragon bits for the body/wings or maybe even some tyranid trogon maybe? It kind of also have a gothic horror vibe so maybe it's worth giving a look at the Vampire Counts range, maybe some of the Vargheists bits could be recycled here?

Hagen

Malekiths_OC_Fursona.png

Edited by Hagen
  • Like 2

some great stuff has been added the last couple of days. I'm always excited to see what people have come up with in this thread. My first two models for an AoS28 are on my table, although I probably should try to finish what I was working on before starting something new:P

@Hagen awesome paintjob, the limited palate really works. I'll always be a sucker for white robes I guess... the off white color contrasts enough with the blueish white of the robes to keep it interesting. the chequered pattern really fits with the model, especially on the shield rim.  I actually used those same skitarii robes, awesome bits!

@Paul G I always love to see someone work on elves. these look fantastic. I wouldn't try to create Malerion himself, but a creature inspired by his look. the crypt flayer kit could be a nice base and maybe use a bloodletter head?