Terrain Painting Project

CoffeeGrunt

So the local store has had something of a dearth of painted terrain, mainly due to the store owners being a very busy pair. I've taken it upon myself to start painting up the terrain we have and also any new terrain I cobble together, so this thread will chronicle my efforts in that.

First off, we have a Temple of Skulls:
RvZZP53.jpg

gljDB7L.jpg

And a Dragonfate Dais. We wanted both of these terrain pieces to look dark and sinister - lighting is a bit washed-out in these pics - to go with a dark mat and Garden of Morr set we have:
O8XzJvv.jpg
P71Pcj4.jpg
e2ftNF1.jpg

very nice! It's always a pleasure seeing their terrain being painted well. Too many times they have just a base and a drybrush and all the fantastic sculpting gets lost. I hope you feel good about yourself doing this for your local store, because you should. Any work to improve your community is in my book one of the most honored actions you can take!

Hat of to you, sir!

Thanks guys, yeah I agree that it's good to help out at your local. I'm lucky that we have a good community here, so there's often people coping together for a new mat or such. The owners let us buy it in at retail and use their GW allowance to get bits in as well , and we generally kitbash stuff as well. :)

The brass is Warplock Bronze with a drybrush of Vallejo Bronze then Vallejo Silver. Could sub them out for Liberator Gold and Stormhost Silver for similar effect. :)

1 hour ago, Davariel said:

Great work on these - you can never have too much terrain! I especially like the arcane green lettering on the dais, did you paint that before or after you did the stonework?

Afterwards, I thinned Warpstone Glow down with some medium and traced it  in the recesses. Took a couple of passes, but I like how it turned out. 

Archived