New Ironjawz Units - What would you like to see?

mrstimpson38

4 hours ago, Spiky Norman said:

Well, I imagine you can throw spears longer than axes, and I would rather have long range units than short range units. :-)

Maybe instead of dedicated ranged units, da regular ladz can some throwin' choppas from the Fyrestunties? If every Brute had a 9" ranged attack in a addition to their regular allotment of weapons, we might be able to get away with not have longer ranged weapons...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

@Thain - You would certainly have to cut the regular Brute rider away from the Grunta in order to repose and mount a Megaboss. It'd be tricky but considering I have 18 Gore-gruntas I could be tempted to try the conversion!

I imagine BCR bits would be useful for this.

10 hours ago, Thain said:

Maybe instead of dedicated ranged units, da regular ladz can some throwin' choppas from the Fyrestunties? If every Brute had a 9" ranged attack in a addition to their regular allotment of weapons, we might be able to get away with not have longer ranged weapons...

Not sure, I think it's sniping where we need help. If it's close enough for a 9" shot, it's close enough to get duffed up in the combat phase. What we struggle with is if there's key heroes planted at the back of the opponent's deployment area that we can in no way get to. Even with our swift movement we can't run enough to take out a couple of cannons on the back edge, penned in by chaff.

I wouldn't necessarily expect something akin to Kurnoth Hunters or Judicators, I don't expect GW to make Ironjawz that competitive sadly - but perhaps more like the Ironjawz equivalent of Jezzails or Grudge Thrower. All or nothing type one-shots that need a bit of buffing

Maybe some sort of fast cavalry that could come in from a different table edge? 

Baby Maw-Crushaz in packs of 3/5 that fly could work as well for that purpose. They could have a mini-ranged scream and also be able to fly into back lines while the Boyz hit them from the front.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Been talking to my bro about this recently saying the ironjawz are missing something. A couple of ideas are, a unit of 3 larger brutes that are more battle crazed more wounds bigger weapons (maybe mortal wounds), a large chariot battle wagon and finally a unit armed with javelins that could throw on way into combat. Not liking idea of longer ranged archers etc as feel not the ironjawz way they wanna get in and show whose stronger, harder. Anyways theres my thoughts from a New warboss but still loving the ironjawz way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2017 at 2:13 AM, mrstimpson38 said:

Baby Maw-Crushaz in packs of 3/5 that fly could work as well for that purpose. They could have a mini-ranged scream and also be able to fly into back lines while the Boyz hit them from the front.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Well now you just set the bar very very high. That would simply be sooooo dope!

On 24/03/2017 at 2:18 PM, Lysandestolpe said:

You have no idea how much I would love to see this. As an army that is meant to be one of the best melee armies, we really need more fun dynamic options like this.

Mini-mawcrushers... How cute. <3

On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:54 PM, Fungrim said:

Rumours of a new Ironjawz unit have been confirmed. Miniature spotted...

@Chris Tomlin @Solaris @mrstimpson38

Here's here. The 'Ardest Boy. The Eater of worlds..... Slambray Wyatt (WIP)

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Great work. I want one too now.

On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 2:18 PM, Lysandestolpe said:

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 4:38 PM, Lord Biscuit said:

You have no idea how much I would love to see this. As an army that is meant to be one of the best melee armies, we really need more fun dynamic options like this.

Mini-mawcrushers... How cute. <3

Have you guys seen the scaled down baby Cabbages that were at a gamesday/open day? They were amazing!! Want one so bad haha.

But anyway, since seeing the Kharadron Overlords I've come up with some new Ironjawz unit wants....

Ironjawz Hulks...big brutal ramshackle air faring crafts that work like battering rams (much in the same aesthetic as the 40K ones tbh!).

How cool would that be?

21 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Great work. I want one too now.

Have you guys seen the scaled down baby Cabbages that were at a gamesday/open day? They were amazing!! Want one so bad haha.

But anyway, since seeing the Kharadron Overlords I've come up with some new Ironjawz unit wants....

Ironjawz Hulks...big brutal ramshackle air faring crafts that work like battering rams (much in the same aesthetic as the 40K ones tbh!).

How cool would that be?

Go for it! You'll probably do a better job than me. We need Slambros everywhere, going out into the world and spreading the waaagh!

Ironjawz Hulks are an ace idea. How are you thinking for them to fly? I've got a grots-on-a-wheel-turning-a-propeller image in my head, like hamsters.

Shooting & flying are obviously where GW would like to explore further. Could see a nice new big, jagged bolt thrower manned by Brutes as well - firing huge 12ft arrows at blimps!

Edit: How about Shaman-powered?!

ironjawz_vs_bloodbound_by_rafater-dadctfk.jpg

42 minutes ago, domus said:

I'm sure it's been said many times but I want some hero options on Gore Gruntas..

Annnnd I'll say it again!!!

GORE GRUNTA HERO OPTIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An Ironjawz equivalent to the Moon Clan fanatic could be interesting! A berzerker boy of sorts that took one too many hits to the dome so the boss put a huge spikey iron ball on a massive chain in his hands and let em loose.

Of course he wouldn't hide out like a weedy grot.

Ironjawz don't need shooting. Yeah, they can benefit from it, but that will kill the feeling of the faction, don't it?

I think that a Ultra-armored GoreGrunta chariot with the special hability to charge trought enemy units to broke their lines and go direct against their buffers and ranged units in the back can be ultra cool. 

We should get units that solve the problems of the faction with the feeling of the faction.  If not, then all faction feel and play the same. Like givin Khorne shooting and magic. Blah!

On 3/31/2017 at 3:16 PM, Vasshpit said:

Annnnd I'll say it again!!!

GORE GRUNTA HERO OPTIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An Ironjawz equivalent to the Moon Clan fanatic could be interesting! A berzerker boy of sorts that took one too many hits to the dome so the boss put a huge spikey iron ball on a massive chain in his hands and let em loose.

Of course he wouldn't hide out like a weedy grot.

How about the option of single Gore-Gruntas at 60 pts each?

On 4/1/2017 at 0:16 PM, Galas said:

Ironjawz don't need shooting. Yeah, they can benefit from it, but that will kill the feeling of the faction, don't it?

I think that a Ultra-armored GoreGrunta chariot with the special hability to charge trought enemy units to broke their lines and go direct against their buffers and ranged units in the back can be ultra cool. 

We should get units that solve the problems of the faction with the feeling of the faction.  If not, then all faction feel and play the same. Like givin Khorne shooting and magic. Blah!

This! 

I love Ironjawz because they are choppy, killy, and reliable at what they do. They are simple, and I am fine with that.

However, when it comes to army special abilities, Irionjawz (as well as many other armies) do not have an oddity or unique feature the enemy must take into account. (Stormcast lighting teleportation/Sylvaneth wildwoods teleportation, Khorne tithe sacrifices, Grimwrath Berzerker horde killer). We are just fast and killy, which, again, is good, but having something like that, a heavily armoured chariot that can run through units and get behind enemy lines, would be a great addition and bring something unique for our army. 

I will add to it as well. Maybe add to that ability that if another unit charges the same unit along with the chariot, they can also come on the other side of the unit as the chariot has punched a hole for them to follow

Slight off topic. On the Rumors Thread Here, the new Khorne allegiance abilities and some battalions were leaked.

After looking through these, it brings to mind not only the issue of 'Destruction Move' being so strong (and if Ironjawz / Orruk specific allegiance will be able to compete), but what options Ironjawz can have with battalions and additional character options (totems, magic) with our current pool of 8 units (3 battle line, 3 heroes, 1 behemoth, 1 named). If we look at the "feel" of Ironjawz, they like a good fight, and to smash stuff. Their mounts (Gore Gruntas and Maw-Crusha) have the same outlook.

Looking at that, I know that two options were earlier suggested. Baby Maw Crushas, either on their own or mounted, for a flight and/or ranged option. And a Gore Grunta Boss. The Boss is another hero option, and can open up a mount artifact (ala Stormcast), and most importantly can keep up with a flanking Gore Grunta unit in a 'Destruction Move' world.

Still no clue what a good option is for the Gargant. I can hope for a lore update for it to justify giving it Ironjawz keyword. After all, moving the story forward as they've done is a good enough reason to give the Ironjawz more units.

Speaking of gargants, why not give the Ironjawz a RogueIdol-like stone/iron Gargant? Controlled by a combined Warchanter & Shaman duo (representing Gorka & Morka), the golem/giant/whatever could also possibly have stats that depend on the number of nearby units, instead of remaining wounds? (representing the Waaagh energy available to power it)

Archived