New Ironjawz Units - What would you like to see?

mrstimpson38

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see some kind of berserker unit / hero - something aesthetically similar to the LoTR uruk hai berserkers.

A armourless orc charging headfirst into the carnage, wielding a huge two handed weapon.

Would need to have a low armour save, but some kind of ignore wound / mortal wound save.

How about a catapult? Similar to rock lobbas it's some ranged but for Orky flavour you can overcharge it with a unit of ard boyz. 

Death from above

Units of ardboys within 3" have a cunning plan. In an effort to get into the fight as soon as possible they throw out the rocks and jump in for a quicker way into battle. The unit loses one model for each death from above shot taken.

I was thinking d3 mortal wounds if you fling an ardboy. Roll a dice after you've determined wounds for a hit, make a save for each mortal wounds caused. If the ardboy survived he shakes his head, stands up from the remains of his landing and grabs his axe. Place him within half an inch of the target and he gets to immediately attack as if it was the combat phase.

It's fun (I think so at least,) orky, and it allows us a little ranged damage and some control as units we hit need to retreat in their movement phase or hangaround to kill the ardboys that have landed.

15 hours ago, mrstimpson38 said:

@Chris Tomlin

That Brute is spot on, man. Love the colors and customizing you've done. I also have a similar project in the works for a ranged Brute, but I can't find a weapon bit I'm happy with.

Are you going to do a unit of 5 and a warscroll?

Cheers man! I look forward to seeing your effort.

Yeh the plan is to do a unit of 5.

6 hours ago, mrstimpson38 said:

When I seen the warscroll for Slambo I thought to myself, with a little tweeking this could be the warscroll for a unit of Brute Axe Throwers.

2726815d5791be87d0785a61f562954b.jpg

It even has a pseudo Duff Up Da Big Things!

Orc slambo copy.jpg

Oh, and I almost forgot: Bring back Azhag the Slaughterer with a new model. (Maybe a dual kit with the Shaman on Maw-Krusha I suggested above?) Bringing back Grimgor Ironhide would be nice too. 

As much as I'm enjoying the Ironjawz and the Bonespilttas the original green-tide needs some love too.

Heck, as long as we're just engaged in wishful thinking, it seems like every other faction has multiple "god tier" models, so why not Gorkamorka? 

I said on the Reddit page a few weeks ago, I'd like to see some kinda giant shield being held by some Boyz which blocks ranged attacks behind them. Maybe they can push it over on top of people on melee combat. Would just be a fun way of countering ranged without giving the ironjawz ranged.

On 05/02/2017 at 9:16 PM, Spiky Norman said:

Crossbows seems too complicated for Ironjaws. May I suggest throwing spears instead?

Perhaps something along the lines of this guy

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.dakkadakka.com%2Fgallery%2F2011%2F8%2F8%2F256217_sm-Hordes%2C%20Impaler%2C%20Press%2C%20Privateer%20Press%2C%20Troll%2C%20Trollbloods.jpg&f=1256217_sm-Hordes%252C%2520Impaler%252C%2

Why not just lots of large axes.

3 hours ago, Riavan said:

I said on the Reddit page a few weeks ago, I'd like to see some kinda giant shield being held by some Boyz which blocks ranged attacks behind them. Maybe they can push it over on top of people on melee combat. Would just be a fun way of countering ranged without giving the ironjawz ranged.

These were something really used in the ancient and medieval world and are called "mantlets," although in the post-WWII world most people think of the armored shield on the front of artillery pieces when they hear the word.

The Battletome does describe how much the Ironjawz enjoy krumpin' castles and fortifications... So siege-engines of various sorts would keep with their established fluff. Maybe not something as static and mechanically as a trebuchet or scorpion; However a mantlet has a certain brutal cunning and a battering ram is cunningly brutal...

2 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Has anyone attempted to convert anything different; Megaboss on Grunta etc?

I haven't done it (yet) but I'm not too hopeful that it would work.

Citadel decided to make the riders' bodies part of the same bit as the Gruntas, you can't really get around their hunched over pose. This is a great pose for the "rank and file" Shock cavalry, but I don't like it for a hero.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd expect a Megaboss on a Grunta to be sitting high in the saddle, bellowing orders to the ladz and roaring challenges at the enemy gits.

Archived