Death Plog and other stuff

Thanatos Ares

So, if I can paint a 2000point army then anyone can. The biggest hurdle I found was actually daring to start. I've fought self doubt the entire project and I'm aware my painting is far from good. But I'm happy with how they've turned out, especially the big monsters.

If even one person reads this and is encouraged to try then I'm a happy hobbyist (if even one person is reading this blog at all [emoji23])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who dares tackle four zombie dragons has my respect. I am hoping to go to my first tournament at the end of July and its likely to be 1250 points and I have just started my first skeleton today so you are an inspiration

• 3 weeks later...

So I got a game in last night at the South London Legion vs[mention=163]Nico[/mention] and his Kharadoum overlords (?) you know the flying Duardin

Nico's list was a variation of the clown car list doing the rounds

I took my tried and tested Deathlist

Nico finished deploying first and took first turn. The alpha strike from the Duardin took me by surprise I must admit and when the dust had settled both (yes BOTH!) of the monster mounted Ghoul Kings were dead! Ouch

This however turned out to be the highlight of the game for Nico as my counter attack murdered his general, a khemist, 20 man unit of sky pirates and a 6 man unit of floaty balloon dudes.

MVP must go to the unridden Terrorgheist (The Sound of Despair!) which survived a mid game volley of fire on a single wound, charged the ironclad and proceeded to inflict 14wounds in a single round of fighting!

The game lasted a full 5 battle rounds but in the end the resilience of the undead monstrous heros proved to be Nico's undoing and he was wiped out turn 5 with me ahead on vp's 8-3

A cracking game which I must admit thought was beyond me after the savage alpha strike Nico handed out turn 1!

I lost 800points turn 1 before I had rolled a single dice!!

If you're ever in London and want a game why not pop down to the South London Legion we are open every Wednesday evening. Check out the details in the club forums section!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

The morghast are being used as Harbringers with Halberds whilst the models get built wysiwyg. Super excited for Blood Tithe and Heat 2 at Warhammer world!!

if you’re at either event please say hi I’ll be wearing my club shirt with UndeadBen on the back!!

ill try to take notes to post a recap after the event!!

7E26B8A1-E1FA-43AB-A44C-8E2A2D03074C.jpeg

E0C4F264-5866-494F-BC29-650FC91F19DC.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

So first of let me start by saying that Blood Tithe was an absolutely amazing event. Organised by @Marc Wilson a true gent and all round amazing guy!!

i played 5 thoroughly enjoyable games and all my opponents were great guys.

game 1 was against a Fyre Slayers list.

major win for me

game 2 was against the eventual tournament winners. The aptly named team : The Winners. I played the against the Murderhost/Gore Pilgrims list and somehow got a major win. (Still not sure how I managed this as my opponent is a masters invitee and a much better player than me)

game 3 was against my club mate Leo and his Changehost. Major loss but could have very easily gone my way... next time Leo next time!!!

(all Leo had left was blue scribes, 10-15 brimstones and 10-15 blue horrors, whilst I had 2 full health Vampire Lords on Zombie Dragons!!)

Day 2 began against the best sports awarded Team (and fully deserved, you got my vote guys!) from Germany and yes you guessed it - Changehost again lol

major loss because a Terrorgheist and Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon failed to wipe a unit of brimstones from an objective. If I wipe them then the major is tied and I’d win on kill points....

5th and final game was against the honest war gamer himself and a wonderfully painted Warherd list.

unfortunately for my opponent it was scorched earth and his list needs to be in melee, but with 4 big monsters of my own that wasn’t going to end well for him. True gent and great fun game!

major win for me.

so I finished the event on 3 major wins and 2 major losses (both vs Changehost and both could quite easily have been victory’s instead)

which im very happy with! 

Especially as the podcast before the event effectively put a warning out about me as my list was described as “watch out guys you’ve got a role player here” .....

im getting a club shirt with #roleplaygamer on the back!! 

??

anyone who hasn’t been to a team event I can not recommend enough how much fun they are and the atmosphere is completely different to a singles event!! 

Right, back to list writing!

until next time!

Thanatos Ares / UndeadBen

Archived