Death Plog and other stuff

Thanatos Ares

Hello fellow servants of Nagash (willfully or no matters not [emoji6])

So I've decided to finally put brush to paint and paint to model after *shudders* a very long time...

Anywho I'll update this thread sporadically with pics in various states of paint and (hopefully) the occasional batrep

So I'll start with what's painted so far and go from there I guess...ada85c322f8c17e19a9c82c461fe4010.jpg52f8a197788f8d67b5e4f3b78f00ea2f.jpg96351f75c6cac9b010b4c5cef9dff7f8.jpgd8cc67717db918aa228dfc0f49eb6c68.jpg8980366d073f6067e8bc3e387e398cfe.jpg41c4c1c86941fedca6164b6ca81642df.jpge6f8ae07cbff93dc617ad136fd46cf54.jpg82955bafcfdb5216a3d0cc6adf579b19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I attended Firestorm Fours as part of a team from my club (South London Legion)

Our captain was none other than@Nico himself!!

It was a fantastic event and the venue is just amazing!

I was equal parts excited and nervous as this was my first ever tournament for any game system ever!!

I know Nico will be putting up some batreps of his games which will be bloody good reading. I personally was very happy with my personal performance and as a team we were chuffed
#Onlythefilthful

My list was:

Heros

VLoZD

-general

-ruler of the night

AGKoZD

AGKoT

-Cloak of mists and shadows

VLoAT

Units

5 BloodKnights

5 Hexwraiths

2x 5 Dire Wolves

2000pts

Side Board

Ghoul Patrol

Crypt Ghast Courtier

3x 10 Ghouls

All 5 games I used my default 2k

Day 1 I was 3 victorys! Yay me!! Lol

All 5 games were great fun and my opponents were all great sports and (hopefully) had as much fun as I did

I didn't take any photos (I know fail me!)

G1 vs Order - win 16-4

G2 vs Death - win 19-1

G3 vs Death - win 12-8

Day 2

G4 vs Destruction - loss 14-6

G5 vs Tomb Kings - loss 16-4

• 2 months later...

Using Black Knights as counts as Skeleton Horsemen with the steeds painted as Spectral Steeds to make them obviously different. Obviously it's not a highly competitive list but it's great fun to use and can cause horrific damage if used right.

Fluff

AoS Vampire fluff

Harkon wiped the sweat from his brow, the humidity in this accursed desert was stifling. Nearly a dozen of his warband had collapsed. They had been left to die of course, only the strong survived. They had been traveling through the brass hills enroute to a meeting with a rival warlord when suddenly a realm gate appeared, open and unguarded in front of them. Seizing an opportunity to further his own standing in the sight of his master the dread Grand Marshall himself, Harkon had managed to get his sorcerers to inscribe magical runes upon the structure of the realm gate. It would be hidden from sight to all except those loyal to him.

That decision had seemed like a foolish one now, 2 weeks march through a desert with no land marks in sight, no shade from the oppressive red sun.

Suddenly Harkon froze, he could sense a presence.

"Blood Bound to the fore" he muttered, and the gore soaked warriors of Khorne stamped forward.

"Tsar-lar take your disc and your chosen of the great magician and scout wide to our left"

"As you wish" came the reply

A voice whispered in Harkons ear

"There can be no victory here, the dead are claimed by another, you cannot win"

Harkon spun around his heavy blade swung in a decapitating arc. He braced for an impact that didn't arrive and nearly lost his footing. He staggered momentarily and looked down.

"The desert is made of bones" he whispered to himself. How had he not seen this before he wondered? He shook himself out of his reflection.

They stayed in battle ready formation for almost 4 hours and nothing. Harkon was just about to issue the order to March when Tsar-lar appeared looking battle scarred.

"Report?" Commanded Harkon

"The dead are claimed by another" was all Tsar-lar managed before collapsing to the ground.

It was then that Harkon saw them, in the distance he could make out a group of Knights, motionless.

He looked back to Tsar-lars body and saw a skull winged motif carved into his forehead.

"You will pay in blood for this sacrilege" Harkon bellowed at the distant Knights.

"You will die" came the rasping reply

Almost instantly there was a legion of undead warriors surrounding his position. Perfectly motionless, rank upon rank of immobile warriors, the rusty weapons and pockmarked armour barely looked worth carrying.

Harkon had fought the undead countless times before, the skeletons arrayed against him would crumble beneath his warbands swords. He needed to find the undead lord that commanded them.

As if he was reading his very thoughts the vampire appeared.

"I am Mes'en Dracul Senef" it said then nodded it's head and raised its sword in salute to Harkon.

The combat had initially been heavily in Harkons warbands favour but the endless ranks of skeletons were slowly taking their toll. Suddenly the ranks of Skeletons parted and a unit of Knights could be seen charging. Harkon screamed at his personal guard to about face. The Knights charge hit home like a blow from Khorne himself. Harkons personal guard were decimated yet none of the undead Knights approached him, they just bared their fangs and sneered. A shadow formed over head, which despite himself, Harkon found unnerving. He looked up and saw the remains of a dragon flying awkwardly down towards him.

Harkon screamed his praise to the dark gods and charged before the monster had landed. The monster was powerful and resisted his attacks. Suddenly a lance struck Harkon in the throat and he collapsed, chocking on his own blood.

"The dead belong to another" came the words as Mes'en dismounted. "The dark gods have no power here, and your soul belongs to Nagash now" Mes'en smiled as he watched the life blood drain away from the chaos champion. "Your body, however, now belongs to me"

Harkon tried to scream but death had come for him

===========================

Mes'en Dracul Senef had been born into a noble family in one of the city states once ruled by Settra the great. When the great King had marched upon Nagash he had fought as all soldiers loyal to the throne must do, their duty. During these trying times Mes'en had commanded a Demi legion of his own and had won great renown. Yet a single battle would change his life forever. He had been issued orders to take his warriors to blunt an attack from one of Nagashs generals. Now he had heard rumours of these 'once men' and their supposed fantastical abilities but had never faced one in battle before.

During the battle he had managed to fight his way towards the opposing general, a 'once man' of terrible power and ability. Mes'en was a skilled warrior but was no match for the immortal undead. Yet the vampire saw something in Mes'en and during the fighting time seemed to slow and Mes'en was given a simple choice: die here and now or join us and live forever. Mes'en didn't hesitate "I wish to live forever"

"Very well, I am Aborash and hence forth you shall obey my will" the warrior whispered then bared his fangs and bit

Years later Mes'en had vowed to emulate his sires feats of martial prowess and had bested a dragon and cured himself of the thirst. He hadn't ignored his innate control of the necromantic arts and could summon and maintain a legion of warriors with very little effort.

His memory of those ancient days was crystal clear despite the aeons of time that had passed.

Yet there were 3 things that fuelled him, 3 things that would sustain him in his eternal undeath.

The first was his shame at fleeing when the great necromancer had requested their aid

The second was his shame that Walach, his friend, had fallen to Khorne during the cataclysmic events that had destroyed the world that was

And the third was the forgiveness he had had to earn from Nagash himself after he had been summoned to an audience with the great necromancer.

"Forgiveness" he smiled to himself.

He had become to full of pride, he had failed Nagash and the price of failure was terrible indeed. Nagash has summoned Mes'en and had stripped away his immortality and his enhanced abilities.

"You are to live a mortal life time as penance for your failure. If you die then you die. To regain my favour you must complete these 2 tasks.

1) As a blood dragon bloodline you must defeat a dragon in combat and 2) you must sacrifice a champion of each of the races from across the 9 realms to me.

Then and only then shall you regain my favour"

Mes'en burst into laughter. He had learnt his lessons well, his arrogance and pride had been painfully torn from him.

He now served Nagash completely

He was now fulfilled, purpose driven and had aeons of battle experience. He despised the schemes of his brothers. All he needed was to serve Nagash, all he needed was to remember one thing

"The dead belong to another"

• 3 weeks later...

Nice Dragons!!!

I have a Necrosphinx, a Bone Giant, 3 Tomb Kings (1 in chariot), 15 skeletons (currently on display in a Games Workshop store), 3 Sepulchral Stalkers and a Liche Priest and that's just my Tomb King army!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived