Coalescence: Global 1-day Narrative Event

StoneMonk

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, discoking said:

How soon before we get more info? Not long to go and I'd like to start planning this

I second this.  I received the first packet, but nothing else since.  With everything else I have going on in May, I want to make sure I can get everything ready!

I'm assuming more is coming soon. They probably are just hashing out last minute details/preventing leaks of event information.

Truth be told, the first packet already contains most of what you'll need to plan the event:

-General overview of the Narrative

-Backstory on the setting

- the objectives of each Grand Alliance in the global Narrative

-prerequisites for player armies (Points limits, the number of lists, how they're supposed to be built, the Army General's name, the fluff reason for their General pursuing the plot thingy, etc)

-the date of the event

-how to report your results

... Honestly, they've given us a lot to work with, and more than enough to start organizing the event and gathering players. I'm actually writing up some simple scenarios and an idea for a finale battle, as it stands.

That said, we are a month away, and some additional plot details/scenarios and specific event info would be useful.

19 minutes ago, Last Omnitect said:

I'm assuming more is coming soon. They probably are just hashing out last minute details/preventing leaks of event information.

Truth be told, the first packet already contains most of what you'll need to plan the event:

-prerequisites for player armies (Points limits, the number of lists, how they're supposed to be built, the Army General's name, the fluff reason for their General pursuing the plot thingy, etc)

-the date of the event

... Honestly, they've given us a lot to work with, and more than enough to start organizing the event and gathering players. I'm actually writing up some simple scenarios and an idea for a finale battle, as it stands.

That said, we are a month away, and some additional plot details/scenarios and specific event info would be useful.

Yes, but some of use are just getting overly excited for this!  Like, bouncing up and down in my chair at work reading the scenario excited.  Plus, I am going to be busy in May with family and wedding stuffs, so I want to make sure I don't miss anything that might have been sent out.

I imagine everyone else is in a similar situation.

1 hour ago, Last Omnitect said:

-the date of the event

Where do I get this info? I've received nothing and can't find any links to the info

When you first signed up as a NEO (Narrative Event Organizer), you should've received an email confirming that you are a NEO, and shortly afterwards you should've received an email with the first packet attached as a PDF. If you haven't, I'd suggest contacting GW at the same email they confirmed your NEO with.

If you haven't been confirmed as a NEO yet, then I'd either try to sign up again, check your email spam folder, or simply call GW customer service and see what they can do for you.

40 minutes ago, Last Omnitect said:

When you first signed up as a NEO (Narrative Event Organizer), you should've received an email confirming that you are a NEO, and shortly afterwards you should've received an email with the first packet attached as a PDF. If you haven't, I'd suggest contacting GW at the same email they confirmed your NEO with.

If you haven't been confirmed as a NEO yet, then I'd either try to sign up again, check your email spam folder, or simply call GW customer service and see what they can do for you.

This is not a GW event.  It is being run by people independent of GW.  Message the original creator of this thread.  That's what I did when I didn't get the packet at the original send out time.

1 hour ago, BunkhouseBuster said:

This is not a GW event.  It is being run by people independent of GW.  Message the original creator of this thread.  That's what I did when I didn't get the packet at the original send out time.

^^^ True that. Technically, NEON is a separate group from GW. Signal boosting for the important correction.

Hi Guys. The pack will be coming next week. Just ironing out some details. 

Me and @Darth Alec have also recorded a handy podcast which will be coming out alongside giving details of the pack. This is coming my out just before (Alex will give details when) 

stay tuned and you will receive all shortly! 

Thanks

Hey Guys. I am booking our venue for this now but I have not received any email confirmation from the sign up sheet or even the first part of the pack yet? Let me know if I should just be waiting for the final pack release? 

Excited :D

Does the event use GHB 1 or the GHB 2 trial points?

I'm confused about army building. It says you use vanguard rules so that means you need 2 battleline. You also need the same general for 500 pts, 1000 pts and 1500 pts armies. So I'm the 500 pts army with two battleline units (probably around 100 pts each) that means your general would only be fieldable of they were 300 points or less right? That means a lot of the behemoth general's can't be selected for the event?

On 5/4/2017 at 6:26 PM, HobbyHammer said:

Hi Guys. The pack will be coming next week. Just ironing out some details. 

Me and @Darth Alec have also recorded a handy podcast which will be coming out alongside giving details of the pack. This is coming my out just before (Alex will give details when) 

stay tuned and you will receive all shortly! 

Thanks

On 5/5/2017 at 4:52 AM, Darth Alec said:

Yup, editing the episode now. Also includes a cool (maybe) reading of the Coalescence narrative!

Will this be under Fjordhammer or a different podcast? I just signed up but didn't get an email, not sure if it should be instant and automated or not? I would at least like to know the point levels as our local meta is just getting rolling into AoS and participation will very much depend on how large of an army the players need to bring.

Thanks for putting this on, it looks great!

22 minutes ago, Miller said:

Will this be under Fjordhammer or a different podcast? I just signed up but didn't get an email, not sure if it should be instant and automated or not? I would at least like to know the point levels as our local meta is just getting rolling into AoS and participation will very much depend on how large of an army the players need to bring.

Will be fjordhammer yes and max army size is 1500pts dude

22 minutes ago, Miller said:

Will be fjordhammer yes and max army size is 1500pts dude

Archived