Warhead01s Boneplittaz thread

warhead01

Nearly done building 10 more Maniak boar boys! 
Should have them built and based by this evening and ready for primer! 

I just missed out on several Ebay auctions for more Savage boys boxes. Oh well. 

I've been thinking a lot about the tournament and have come to my final thoughts on it I think. 
Game two was fine as a draw.  I just realized we could have won the tournament with a stronger win in game 3. Who know? I'm thinking about using a dry erase board the next time I can keep score in real time and track unit size and wounds on heroes as well. 
There wasn't really any way for us to know the active score of the top teams but I discovered we under reported our score by 1 point. Just on reflection of the events of the game.  Had we managed to take the other teams objective that would have netted an additional 5 points and the big win.

I'm beating a dead horse now but knowing just how close we came to winning it all is still exciting. It's really cool to think that I have actually been learning from my defeats.  
I should have more pictures of the newly painted models in a week. 
I hope to be able to report a solo win some time soon. 
Thanks for reading!

• 1 month later...

It's been a little while since my last post.
I'm headed off to another tournament tomorrow. 1300 points. 
I'm trying the Snaga Rukk this time. Finally got all the Maniaks painted! 
The list is kinda light on bodies but should pack a punch. 
Batallion - Snaga Rukk (40)
Wurrgog prophet (140)(General) 
Killa Instincts and Big Spirit Stikk
Extra Spell Hand of Gork

Wardokk (80)
Squigly Curse

Maniak Weirdnob (100)
Lucky Bone Extra SpellBone Krusha

Maniak Weirdnob (100)
Extra Spell Brutal Spirit 

15 Savage Boarboy Maniaks (480)
5 Savage Boarboy Maniaks (160)
20 Savage Ourrks (200) - Stikkas 

The plan is for the large mob of Makiaks to rush in and deal out mortal wounds and damage and fight twice.
The smaller unit is just for objectives and manuver
The 20 Spears are to protect the characters on foot and maybe hold an objectives with model mass.
Over all I plan to case as many spells as I can and try to deal out mortal wounds and buff the units. 
I'm going to have to set up in the center and hope for the best. Not expecting to do very well, it's all for fun

The Tournament was enjoyable but I didn't do very well at all. No surprise, I don't play often enough. My opponents were nice people two of which had painted armies!  I didn't play my army very well, I couldn't remember my own rules and got things out of order. I lost my first game won the second and lost again in round three. The third game was more educational than the first two and had some high points.  My opponents were very patient with me and we had no arguments or problems at all. I wish I had had a better showing but that still comes down to playing more regularly than I do. 
I've officially played 10 games now!  
I have to say Snaga Rukk is interesting and I'll use it again. 15 Makiak Borboys is amazing when they are launched with Hand of Gork and then charge! 
I'm really thinking I want to fill out the unit to it's full size. Which will be a blast in a larger game. 
Everyone was expecting me to bring back my shooty Kuning Rukk which I had the previous tournament. I felt I had just done that and didn't want to do it again so soon. It's nice to be able to take models I hadn't used yet. I have them and want to put some miles on them! 
I got there just in time to play, I had been running just behind and was on time for the start. We had 22 players in all. No hostility at all as far as I could tell. Good friendly people. 
I'm planning out the rest of the tribe now. Hopefully I'll have another model or more to work on by August, realistically, but it may be sooner. 
I was asked to take a painting commission and if I do that will be competing for my free time. 
I should have placed my order when I was at the shop Saturday. That would have been a good idea, My preordered 40K books hadn't come in so I'll have to get back up there.  Oh well. 
Thanks for reading! More Mayhem (and some pictures) to come!

keep updating the blog I am finding it very useful to find out how fellow newbie copes coming into the game.

I definitely think your going bout it the right way, trying out different armies and playstyles and keeping it fun.

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2017 at 4:49 AM, Titcher said:

keep updating the blog I am finding it very useful to find out how fellow newbie copes coming into the game.

I definitely think your going bout it the right way, trying out different armies and playstyles and keeping it fun.

Haha, sure thing boss!

I've been a little busy with things not AoS for a while.  I've just started to read about the new GHB-2017 and it's got me thinking. I may change some of my units around. I'm thinking I deffinitly want a full unit of Savage boys now.  No new models have been ordered yet, I've not been able to get it done. 
I am thinking about another bore Boys box and for sure another Savages box.  If my local shop had them in stock I'd have brought them home already. 
 Thanks for reading I'll be back again.

Bonesplitterz are a tricky army to master, especially when you ignore Rukk. Without it your left with an army of 6+ saves, that don't have a large amount of volume or quantity attack options (without the Rukk). What it does have is great magic support and formations and rules that let you break normal action economy. You have to kind of embrace those things to make the army work.

just last night I stumbled upon a video batrep with a competitive Bonesplitterz army that was played pretty well. It does a great job of showcasing all the different synergies that go on with the army.

not saying it's the only way to play, but It's the best video I've seen so far that showcases what the army does. For some reason Bonesplitterz bat reps are hard to find.

On 30/07/2017 at 7:03 PM, warhead01 said:

Haha, sure thing boss!

I've been a little busy with things not AoS for a while.  I've just started to read about the new GHB-2017 and it's got me thinking. 

Isn't it annoying when real life gets in the way. I have just had a week away with the family which meant a couple of full weeks at work ensuring everything is done for when I was away so I have not done any hobby stuff for a while and I really miss it.

Looking forward to hearing about your new ideas and seeing you try it out.

40 minutes ago, Titcher said:

Isn't it annoying when real life gets in the way. I have just had a week away with the family which meant a couple of full weeks at work ensuring everything is done for when I was away so I have not done any hobby stuff for a while and I really miss it.

Try not painting in 7 months and not being able to get in any games for 3 months for a large amount of reasons!  Ugh.

Nice video,Funny enough I have all those models except I'm down one Maniak Weird Nob. But it's on my to get list.
I'm watching an auction right now which as one. Maybe I'll be lucky. 

On 8/4/2017 at 1:07 PM, Titcher said:

Haha. I know. If I lived closer to the game shop I'd be able to play more.  I also blame 8th edition 40K. We've all been excited about it so it's taken up my last two opportunities to play.  W have a Tournament coming up on the 26th. I'd like to go but I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it. I'm not even sure how many points it is. if I recall it could be 1500 to 2000 points. 

I've been thinking about getting a second army, getting a table set up here and playing myself. I've never done that before but I might. I have to get the space straightened up for it.  

On 8/4/2017 at 1:48 PM, BunkhouseBuster said:

Try not painting in 7 months and not being able to get in any games for 3 months for a large amount of reasons!  Ugh.

I've been there a few times, a year in Korea, a year in Afghanistan.   It definitely made getting games in more fun! 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally an update! 

I'm back at it again! 10 more Maniak Boar Boys and another Maniak Weird Nob! They arrived Monday and are built and being primed today!

This will "complete" the Snaga rukk battalion. with 30 Maniaks and 2 Maniak Weird Nobs. 
I had been watching an auction on Ebay land but lost it in the last 2 seconds. So I settled on just these models. 
I think I really only want 20 or 30 more models and this tribe is complete until they're are new models or new units in a new Battletome. I really need to find time for some games. 
I'm planning to work on the bases again. I just "procured" the GW tufts of Grass, and may even get the box of Skulls for a little more "Zazz".

Im personally a fan of the Icebone Warclan with the meatier Snaga Rukk. The special artefact from the battalion that halves dmg and heals a wound is nice for a squishier general. I like to load up on casters too.

Anyone know or hear about possible points changes for Bonesplitterz?

My latest Maniak Boar Boys are nearly done. Just have to finish the Maniak Weirdnob after that. 
I had a moment of weakness and ordered a lot of 30 Arrow boys after learning they are now Battleline for me. I hope this concludes growth of the tribe until there are new models. I've kinda sorted out mo other mobs as well. I had planned to field more boys with chompas but have decided to roll those up into my Spear mob for a full 30 with spears. And that's not all. I will also be using my Morboys, which haven't seen the table in a good while. I'm going to fill that out to 30 strong.  
I guess all that leaves for me to do is make a display board.  Which I have never had the interest in doing before. But I have some ideas.  So it could be good!  

Finally hit a stopping point on these last 10 Maniak Boar boys. 
I'm still working on the second Maniak Weirdnob.  

I'm not thrilled with the pictures I have taken and selected the one I think is the best from them to share. 
Thanks for looking!

363_3937.JPG

I am happy to report that the last 30 Arrow boys have arrived! They're built and I'm putting on the primer them now. 
I'm re purposing a big stabba team to fill out another 10 morboys mob. This will make 3. I have already traded out the 10 commpa boys for spears so I now have one mob of 30. 
A good friend of mine made the suggestion, based on the unit size and having chompas elsewhere in my collection it seemed reasonable. More models will be able to fight with spears, sounds good to me. 

I know I'm close to "finished" with this collection but I'm thinking I may have to look for one more Wurdok. That unlocks yet another Battalion. 
We'll see. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update. 
I just got the new GHB-2017! 
I'm still working on my Arrow boys I've had very little time or energy for it due to the Hurricane some stress and a week with out power to the house. 
Should be on track to get them finished next week. 
I did revisit one of my big bosses who I had previously given a bone shield and chompa/hand weapon.  I've changed his weapons again and he now has a massive 2 handed stone sword. this can count as any of the weapons he can take the Stone cleaver or the magic weapons. 
Looking into the Big Boss a bit more and test rolling his attacks. I can't seem to grasp what to do with him. the average dealt wounds, or should I say damage has been 8. one roll managed 10 points of damage but over all after the test rolls I can't expect more than 6. It that low?  Based on my own usual methods for Orks in 40K I have no plans for his Boss to fight a fresh opponent as long as I have the choice. 

How do you use your Big Bosses?  What do they do best?

I figure if I don't use him very often he'll be my Warhammer Quest character.  

0914171904.jpg

0914171904a.jpg

Archived