Duardin list help.

Johnmasters1234

20 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

The app also has only one Gaunt Summoner although we know that three profiles exist that are all different and all legal to play.  The app is not the golden standard to go by.  

no disagreement about golden standard just the going by the faq.I would think that the tourney organizer would have the final ruling. 

• 2 weeks later...

If I personally was going to build a Dwarf list It would be (for 2k pts)

80 Engineer

80 Runelord

80 Runelord

180 cannon

180 cannon

180 Grudge Thrower

200 Flame Cannon

360 30 Quarlers

360 30 Quarlers

300 30 Dwarf warriors w/shields

Just... murder them with shooting, with cannons, rocks, bolts.... everything.  And I stuck all the warriors in a single squad so that they can be inspiring presence to tarpit better.

Looks good, except the warriors need to be broken into 3 units of 10 so that you meet battleline requirements. I would also be tempted to replace the two cannons with two more grudge throwers. With the extra range and not needing line of sight, you could pretty much just pick 3 heroes (with 6 or fewer wounds) and be pretty sure they wont do anything after the second turn of shooting. The GTs would not be as good against regular units as the cannons, but I think the quarrellers should be able to take care of those.

1 minute ago, Volund said:

Looks good, except the warriors need to be broken into 3 units of 10 so that you meet battleline requirements. I would also be tempted to replace the two cannons with two more grudge throwers. With the extra range and not needing line of sight, you could pretty much just pick 3 heroes (with 6 or fewer wounds) and be pretty sure they wont do anything after the second turn of shooting. The GTs would not be as good against regular units as the cannons, but I think the quarrellers should be able to take care of those.

I thought Quarrellers were battline?

32 minutes ago, Solvanic said:

My current list is:

3x Runelord

Celestial Hurricanum

30 Quarrelers 

10 warriors

10 warriors 

10 Longbeards

1 Flame Cannon

Burloksson

Warden King

Unforged w/ relic blade

Kraggi

Miners

Gyro

Why kraggi?

I don't think it's worth to only take 1 warmachine.

This list suffers from slow and no defence to teleport units.

I'd drop kraggi and the unforged and the gyros for more machine and try to get a Gryph hound in there.

Mind you the list I posted b4 is a pretty scary one played some mock games and it did really well.

That being said I do have a list that runs either 3 cannons or 4 bolt thrower that's pretty scary also. Check it out yiu may like that one :) i posted it on this site.

I find though the list I posted here opponents are not ready for so much shooting and so much men it's kinda a horde list that has great cannon fodder but also a close combat aspect to it.

22 minutes ago, Bimli said:

Why kraggi?

I don't think it's worth to only take 1 warmachine.

This list suffers from slow and no defence to teleport units.

I'd drop kraggi and the unforged and the gyros for more machine and try to get a Gryph hound in there.

Mind you the list I posted b4 is a pretty scary one played some mock games and it did really well.

That being said I do have a list that runs either 3 cannons or 4 bolt thrower that's pretty scary also. Check it out yiu may like that one :) i posted it on this site.

I find though the list I posted here opponents are not ready for so much shooting and so much men it's kinda a horde list that has great cannon fodder but also a close combat aspect to it.

The 1 Quarreler unit (range 26 inches w/ burloksson) with the runelords is better than multiple cannons against any armored unit. (20 or 26 r-3 wounds depending on warden king, I think a buffed cannon averages like 5 or 6 r-2?)

Kraggi cause hes super cheap and he counts as a hero for certain objective games :) .

The 1 war machine is for mortal wounds, and because the buffed flame cannon is very powerful.

Why drop the unforged? He is vulnerable to shooting, but his damage output with the rune weapon is incredible! 6 attacks 2 damage each, FOUR damage against multi wound models (average damage against multi wound ~16 r-1 wounds)

I think the gyro is key to claiming objectives, he is one of the fastest units we have!

what do you mean add more machine? I will also add that I dont play many varied armies, no one I play against plays stormcast, at least until I find new people to play. 

If you take out the unforged and kraggi you can get a bolt thrower. I agree you should keep the quarrlers and the rune lords.

Sorry by machine I meant war machine.

I just don't like the unforged just not competitive enough for me regular dude can kill him.

4 minutes ago, Bimli said:

If you take out the unforged and kraggi you can get a bolt thrower. I agree you should keep the quarrlers and the rune lords.

Sorry by machine I meant war machine.

I just don't like the unforged just not competitive enough for me regular dude can kill him.

I am a bit underwhelmed by the power of war machines but it appears you have a different view? Could you explain a bit how you keep your crew alive and how you view the damage output? 

So with war machines if your going to take them inlets say 2000 points you need min 3 or none.

So 3 cannons with a engineer is 6 shots that hit on a 4+ rerollable and wound on 2+ and d6 damage with rend -2 stat wise that is great as even 1 has the potential of doing 12 wounds. 

I find the most optimal is actually running 4 dwarf bolt throwers these hit on 3 and wound on 3 with rend of -1 d3 wounds that is ok right but you put them with an engineer now they wound on 2+ and on a 5+ to wound do double damage at rend -3 that is just crazy.

Now keeping them alive ok so you have 3 crew. The range of the bolt thrower is 38" it's size is a Lil over 2" and to be controlled by a crew being 1" away. In order for your crew to get hit the enemy need to be able to reach approx 42" not much has a 42" range. 

Then you think to your self what about teleport units. That's where Gryph hounds come into play positioned properly your going to blow the hell out of what ever tries to pop up close to you.

War machine are great if used right. Meaning you need 3 to 4 in 2k points need Gryph hounds and an engineer now they become something real nasty. I'll have to say 4 dwarf bolt thrower are juat plain beast. Let not forget if you can fit the huricanum yiur hitting on 2+ and wounds on 2+

On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 8:08 PM, Solvanic said:

I am a bit underwhelmed by the power of war machines but it appears you have a different view? Could you explain a bit how you keep your crew alive and how you view the damage output? 

Have you tried using a war machine? If not try what I wrote you may be pleasantly surprised 

Archived