When is the new Death Battletome coming out?!?!?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they declared that Tomb Kings were being benched so everyone would sell their models, then they'd release a new Tomb Kings battletome and a couple new kits and everyone will have to purchase their favorite army again! Bwahahahahahahaha Tzaaaanuary!

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Rumors don't seem to have anything for Death, and we can likely (but not definitely) assume that once 40k 8th edition launches (rumored to be summer) that AOS will take a backseat.  So... I wouldn't even hold my breath for a new Death battletome for 2017, which is unfortunate.

Never :P

The only vagueish rumours I have heard were about a Hierotitan/Colussus kit, but those were around the End Times. So they might be goners. Only thing I have consistently heard are the Steamhat Duardin. (Steam Golem)

And Assuming we get 8th to drop in May/June.... not much space for AoS releases.

Dunno the only thing we have on Death is that they have taken note we want a similar tome to tzeentch. Also on facebook people begging for new zombies and a plastic vampire hero with every AOS release and they said they have noted said feedback and will see if nagash will conjure something up, yes I was one of em. 

Honestly I don't expect a Death release until late this year or the next considering 8th is on the horizon for 40k after the summer AOS will be on the back burner I bet.

Right now working on my slaanesh project to tide me over. 

On 30/01/2017 at 2:33 AM, Celestant651 said:

For Years I have awaited the arrival of the new Death Battletome. WHEN WILL IT COME. will it be a tomb kings remake. Will it be something else? Who and What!?!?!?

Youve waited years?

AOS has only just been out for "Years"!!

In all seriousness Death was one of the last factions to be given models. I want a battletome as much as the next person but when they do it i want them to do it right rather than just put one together slap dash

Rumors say Steamheads, "regular" humans, and Slaaneesh. I guess it depends on what 40k releases. 

8th ed is right around the corner but judging by everything it won't reboot the game like AoS did, so might not be much need for a massive release like the Stormcasts and the Khorne bloodbound, so it might not take up to much of the release-space. We'll see. 

35 minutes ago, KHHaunts said:

Youve waited years?

AOS has only just been out for "Years"!!

In all seriousness Death was one of the last factions to be given models. I want a battletome as much as the next person but when they do it i want them to do it right rather than just put one together slap dash

Yup I am actually glad we do not have one yet if the new stormcast tome and tzeentch tome is indicative of how GW will do AOS tomes from now on. 

11 hours ago, shinros said:

Yup I am actually glad we do not have one yet if the new stormcast tome and tzeentch tome is indicative of how GW will do AOS tomes from now on. 

Until they decide to change direction again and not retroactively apply it.

It is a bit frustrating that Death doesn't seem to get any love, but we have had the Flesh Eater Courts. Their Battletome is fairly anaemic by current standards, but the army itself actually has a surprising versatility in terms of force structure and conversion possibilities. The whole concept is very cool and great fun. If you're into Death and passed on the Flesh Eater Courts I would urge you to take a second look (or first look, or whatever).

2 minutes ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

It is a bit frustrating that Death doesn't seem to get any love, but we have had the Flesh Eater Courts. Their Battletome is fairly anaemic by current standards, but the army itself actually has a surprising versatility in terms of force structure and conversion possibilities. The whole concept is very cool and great fun. If you're into Death and passed on the Flesh Eater Courts I would urge you to take a second look (or first look, or whatever).

Problem is that some people don't want a ghoul themed force there are many who run vampires and wight kings or a mixed undead horde. 

Just now, shinros said:

Problem is that some people don't want a ghoul themed force there are many who run vampires and wight kings or a mixed undead horde. 

If I wanted to have a Vampire themed force and use the FEC rules I'd just say that the 'ghouls' are in fact vampire thralls. You could stick ghoul heads on Freeguild models. That would look awesome.

1 hour ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

Nope, sorry. I wanna run actual Undead, not The Hills Have Eyes extras. Ghouls are just delusional cannibal troglodytes, IMO they're barely Death aside from the Vampire connection, (and my viewpoint is that it ain't Undead if it hasn't died yet.)

Give me Battletome: Deathrattle or give me...ummm, death.

56 minutes ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

Nope, sorry. I wanna run actual Undead, not The Hills Have Eyes extras. Ghouls are just delusional cannibal troglodytes, IMO they're barely Death aside from the Vampire connection, (and my viewpoint is that it ain't Undead if it hasn't died yet.)

How dare thou impune the honour of the noble and honourable soldiers of the court!  Foul cur! Uncouth blaggard!  To wit, we should settle this with blades at daybreak, sirrah!

Seriously, as a pure FEC player I find the battletome... less than stellar; it was pretty basic when it was new, and now it's been left in the dust.  There is synergy sure, but it's old style synergy and ever since Sylvaneth came out with their new shinies has been lackluster IMHO.  I find pure FEC to be woefully inadequate, and the rest of death as a whole being fairly lackluster as well without gimmicks (or without having/finding Tomb Kings).  I'd rather go back to having one Undead faction with actual synergies and more than "Characters buff but ayy lmao just kill them first" as a playstyle.

1 hour ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

Well, they're part of the Death Grand Alliance and their backstory makes their connection to Nagash pretty clear. So actually, what you're saying is not so much 'I want Death stuff' but rather 'I want Battletome: Deathrattle'. If your demands are that specific then there's not much that anyone can do to help you get your fix. You're just going to have to be patient. Probably very, very patient.

If I'm misreading you and what you're actually looking for is something under the Death banner that has a suitably macabre/gory/gothic feel, with lots of opportunities for cool conversions and diverse themes, then I will go back to my original point - Flesh Eater Courts can do that for you. You need them to be 'proper' undead? Fine. Just say they're possessed corpses or particularly vigorous zombies rather than ghouls, and make some cool conversions that reflect your headfluff. The basic idea of undead beings operating within a feudal/monarchical structure could be adapted in lots of different ways to suit your own tastes.

1 hour ago, wayniac said:

How dare thou impune the honour of the noble and honourable soldiers of the court!  Foul cur! Uncouth blaggard!  To wit, we should settle this with blades at daybreak, sirrah!

Seriously, as a pure FEC player I find the battletome... less than stellar; it was pretty basic when it was new, and now it's been left in the dust.  There is synergy sure, but it's old style synergy and ever since Sylvaneth came out with their new shinies has been lackluster IMHO.  I find pure FEC to be woefully inadequate, and the rest of death as a whole being fairly lackluster as well without gimmicks (or without having/finding Tomb Kings).  I'd rather go back to having one Undead faction with actual synergies and more than "Characters buff but ayy lmao just kill them first" as a playstyle.

Depends what you're looking for. Personally (and I know many will see this as heresy) I feel like the allegiance abilities added an extra layer of complexity to a game that was already complex enough what with your basic rules, battleplan special rules, terrain special rules, time of war special rules, warscroll special rules and warscroll battalion special rules - so for me the absence of allegiance abilities in BT:FEC doesn't automatically make the book a write-off. Inferior to the most recent battletomes? Absolutely, but it's the only book Death has so if you're a Death fan then you may as well focus on what it does well rather than what it doesn't do at all.

What I will say about BT:FEC is that the background is great and gives you so many ways you can go in terms of having a uniquely themed and very characterful army. But if what the OP actually wants is not just a Death battletome for a fairly specific type of zombie-ish faction, but a Death battletome for a fairly specific type of zombie-ish faction that is also accompanied by epic new units and miniature releases on the scale of Sylvaneth or Tzeentch, well... don't hold your breath I'd say. If you really want to play Death you'll need to make creative use of the tools we currently have.

We get it Jamie, you're a fan of FEC. I'm not. Hence why I don't have any interest in running them. 

You might as well say, "you have the option of proxying your Skeletons as Sigmarines, do that and stop moaning." The way they play doesn't fit how I want my army to play, hence why they're the one subfaction I don't convert counts as miniatures for. 

27 minutes ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

We get it Jamie, you're a fan of FEC. I'm not. Hence why I don't have any interest in running them. 

You might as well say, "you have the option of proxying your Skeletons as Sigmarines, do that and stop moaning." The way they play doesn't fit how I want my army to play, hence why they're the one subfaction I don't convert counts as miniatures for. 

Took the words right out my mouth the reason why I want a death tome similar to tzeentch it helps all play styles. Also you won't have the problem with nagash or the mortarchs forgetting all their spells if they decide to take zombies or skeletons.

How FEC plays is not how I want to play my death army.

TBH, and I get that I sound bitter and jaded here, the way Death currently plays isn't how I want to play an army.  Drowning guys in bodies and rolling a crapton of dice isn't what I consider a good army.  Having the entire army rely on characters when the LOS/shooting rules are so lax you can snipe them from virtually anywhere and have the army turn to garbage afterwards isn't what I consider a good army.  Having all of 3 units to choose from, two of which force me to make an unfluffy choice as general just to avoid the "core tax" that crept back into the game, isn't what I consider a good army.  Having the whole army rely on one gimmick battalion or using Forgeworld BS to even the odds isn't what I consider a good army.

Just now, daedalus81 said:

The vast majority of armies have yet to get a new tome.  Let's have a little perspective here.

Yeah but all the other alliances have gotten at least 3, Death has gotten 1, and now they are updating a faction that didn't need it:

Order: Stormcast 1.0, Stormcast Extremis, Seraphon, Fyreslayers, Sylvaneth, Stormcast 2.0 (coming)

Chaos: Bloodbound, Everchosen, Pestilens, Tzeentch

Destruction: Ironjawz, Beastclaw Raiders, Bonesplitterz

Death: Flesh-Eater Courts

One of these things is not like the others.

It's worth noting that Ghouls have very little synergy with Death as a whole. Their Heroes only buff Ghouls, and only a few Death units can really give anything to them. 

Then again, outside of Deathless Minions Heroes in Death don't really tend to do much, and units don't buff other units much. You get the odd +1 Attack or rerolls, and Settra is awesome, but little like the Stormcast get with Heroes that buff without command abilities, or unit to unit synergy. 

Archived