The Hammers of Purgation Stormhost marches to war

Criti

Good morning all.

It is almost 8 AM in my neck of the woods, and I've just landed the finishing touches on my army and display board for my first AoS event at a new shop (new to me, at least).  The event starts in about 5 hours.  I like cutting things close.  The list is in no way optimized, nor is it meant to be.  As my first time playing at this shop, I want to bring something friendly enough not to be "that guy," but with enough punch to not be the metaphorical baby seal.

This army's finish was largely inspired by the 1k army project post, and is cored around 2 AoS starter boxes, the Celestant Prime (because he looks awesome), and some creative conversion to create some Starsoul Maces without selling my son to pay for the loose bitz.

The display board is some leftover tile backsplash I found buried in a container at my job site (I'm a new home construction superintendent and while I was cleaning our storage unit, I found this box of marble tiles from a house that closed almost 3 years ago... I doubt they'll need it anymore).  Glue it to an MDF base, add some sand, paint, and grass - and all the sudden, I have an ancient and ruined temple for my boys to stand on.

Enjoy.  May your 1s be reserved only for your Battleshock.  And remember, only the faithful will be triumphant.20170121_072604.jpg

Ask and you shall receive.

The Hammers of Purgation walked away with 2nd place, largely because I held off my Retributor drop a turn longer than I should have.  I figured the Retributors were relatively safe, given that my opponent would need to win the turn, then hit an 11" charge to reach them.  Sure enough, that's exactly what he hit.  Then I figured... okay, but they're pretty sturdy.  I'll take it to the chin and still be able to teleport all the maces an the Prime to where I want them.  I proceed to lose 6 to his ridiculously good rolls, and another 2 to Battleshock.  The pretty much wrapped that game for me.

But the Prime had a highlight of his own.  He dropped in, whiffed his charge (even with changing a roll he got a 9.  I really needed a 10 to get him where I wanted him.).  Then he killed a Relictor, got charged by a Dracoth Lord,  survived, killed the Dracoth Lord, got charged by my opponent's Celestant Prime (on 8 attacks!), survived that (what?!?!) and then killed my opponent's Prime.

It was cool.

20170117_225435.jpg20170116_223154.jpg20170116_155232.jpg20170116_155232.jpg20170114_081301.jpg20161210_091302.jpg20161127_074618.jpg

20170116_160824.jpg

Archived