Rule of cool - what's the best model in death?

TerrorPenguin

On 1/2/2017 at 4:55 AM, Luthor Huss said:

My favorite undead model has always been the (surprisingly still available) Wight King on skeletal steed with the huge, winged helm.  It's certainly dated at this point, but I still like it.  I would love to see a modern interpretation of it.

your favourite one is one of the moels has always made me desire to modify and convert cause I found it one of the least attractive and I have never appreciated it^^

A midern interpretation about it anyway I agree it would be awesome: I imagine something a bit bulkier. Imagine: a riding krell with a bulky new style sleletal horse.... 

I don't play Death, or own any models, but if I did I'd like to use Cairn Wraiths and Tomb Banshees. They really strike me for some reason.

But after looking at the rules, I'm super disappointed that CWs aren't a troop unit. In my head I pictured an army of them lead by a Banshee.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Really contemplating starting up a new Death army mostly due to Neferata but I also really love the look of the Mortis Engine and the Coven Throne.

I still have a box of Skeletons from WFB 3rd edition unassembled and a ton of other skellies both metal and plastic.   I don't see rules for a skeleton chariot... I have two of those laying around.

On 2/17/2017 at 5:43 AM, cloud said:

Mortis engine for me... one of the best model in Death... spirit host too!! are greatg togheter in the battlefield!

My Mortis Engine used to be my pride and joy... Then I knocked it off my shelf and it exploded... I have tried to repair it but it's never been the same. It only reminds me of my failures now...

Favorite model has to be vlozd, the wings are awesome!

On 2/4/2017 at 5:00 PM, mrstimpson38 said:

I don't play Death, or own any models, but if I did I'd like to use Cairn Wraiths and Tomb Banshees. They really strike me for some reason.

But after looking at the rules, I'm super disappointed that CWs aren't a troop unit. In my head I pictured an army of them lead by a Banshee.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

They used to be. Prior to 8th edition, they were 5-10 man squads with the option of turning one into a banshee. In 8th, they kept that option, but also added hero (and mounted Hexwraith) variants. Now they are just heroes.

I'm very much a fan of the ushabti, something about the models always seems to bring me back to Tomb Kings. And this guy for sure, thanks Mengel  miniatures 

front.jpg.7c8c03cd3d7aba9ac097afa5412c9b5d.jpg

I love this guy too, it evokes the elevated high priest perfectly, but I don't know what to call it! I want to find one online and paint it up. Can anyone tell me what I need to punch into my google machine to make it happen?

On 2/26/2017 at 4:22 PM, Lavy said:

Ask @Mengel Miniatures, I believe it's his creation. It is a fantastic model... if only GW would release a mummy themed army with that type of aesthetic, I would throw my savings at them.

Thanks, yeah it's a conversion. The main body is from the Casket of Souls priest, the head is from the liche priest on foot (the 8th ed one), the arms are from Settra and the tip of the weapon is from the Casket priest again. The feet were repositioned and there was a little bit of greenstuff work on him too. The ghost skulls and tassels on his front are from the Tomb Guard banner.

Archived