Terrain Foam

TerrorPenguin

It is a polystyrene insulation foam typically found in a hardware or home improvement store.  It SHOULD be somewhat easy to find since it is a standard insulation in houses in areas that have winters and snow.  

Sizes are usually 1/2 inch thick, 1 inch thick, 2 inches thick, and three inches thick.  They are sold in 2 foot by 2 foot sheets or if you want to go crazy in 4 foot by 8 foot sheets.  

4 hours ago, cb_rex said:

@TerrorPenguin I might be able to get you some, I'm working on some simple AoS terrain for Imps.  How much foam do you need?

No idea Chris. Quite fancy making a cave, thought about some floating platforms but think I might want to start small rather than going all in. Dunno whether chicken wire with expanding foam might be better for a cave.

Dunno why a cave either really. Basically I am just after pissing about with terrain

I was considering doing a terrain night/day at Imps, but I might just make stuff and give it to James to paint, because cutting foam has to be done outside really.  I've been test making some simple rock formations, which look good and we could make a lot of to fill a whole table.

I'll have my test piece with me next week and I'll hopefully be picking up a load of foam from my brother in the next week or so.

Expanding foam is great for certain things.  A great way to start small is to take an existing terrain piece, (something like a realm gate) and modify it and make a nice base for it with a rocky bits or build it into a cliff/wall or something.

Archived