Blend Two Stormhosts colourwise

Turragor

So I started AoS via the stormcast. Specifically the magnificent Knight Venator. I chose the boxart. Hammers of Sigmar.

Looking back over the past 18 mths I've cleared away rust and just become a better painter. My latest stuff is miles better than early stormcast.

I'm also looking for new painting challenges. I've started beastclaws but I love the stormcast. I want to collect more. I just am not sure I want to paint more Hammres of Sigmar.

So I'm thinking of a complementary scheme. It doesnt need to be an existing stormhost. I don't think it even needs to be a separate stormhost. I  could have my own with 'wings' or 'chambers' with varying styles. Maybe similar to the ol' First company trick for Space Marines.

So what do people think - what stormcast scheme complements gold and blue?

I'm toying with the idea of ivory or perhaps black (or both those).

Sounds cool and if you're excited to paint in a different scheme I'd go for it.

How about teal or an aqua green type colour. Perhaps bronze instead of gold. 

I also love the idea of Ivory. 

I'm painting up some stormcast in a teal type colour now. I'm not the best painter mind :P

1484865979261-392981747.jpg

Im pondering still.

I realise now that this is a pretty common thing in varios Space Marine chapters (for various reasons): detachments like death company and 1st companies like Deathwing and Ultramarines.

So I feel pretty good about trying this all within 1 stormhost. The Hammers of Sigmar are pretty generic stormcast (symbol being hammers) and  I reckon it'll look good on the board with a different 'detachment'. 

It's just a case of maybe getting a fluffy idea behind it and then deciding on colours. Oh maybe also on specific units. Funnily enough I have only painted 3 prosecutors (1 venator in gold) and don't like my effort on them. Perhaps I'll have a flying detachment with a different colour?

Or maybe everything I've done so far is the majority of the host's chamber stylings but I can then choose "The First Chamber".

Archived