mainly dispossessed army 1500 point competitive

Bimli

Hello all,

In the near future I'm looking at getting some games off and I know the dispossessed are not among the top tier lists but I am hoping to make that happen. here is my 1500 points. I know there is a gryph hound in there but a little any race can have a pet :)

Game plan is basically shoot the heck out of my enemy while using bugman and his rangers to take point or for flank attacks. cannon + organ gun means heavy armor will take a hit and 30 quarrelers with a potential -2 rend will do a number on just about anything. The gryph hound stays with the war machines to make sure if something deep strikes and tries to kill them they will deal with some nice shooting in the face before this happens

Not sure how id arm my leader yet (order traits)... any thoughts? So what do you all think is this a good competitive army all comers list. Will it stand a chance against some top tier armies? any changes?

Here is my 1500 point army I'm working on

Rune lord (leader)

rune lord

Bugman

grim burlockson

battle line:

warriors x 10 full command GW shield 

warriors x 10 full command GW shield 

Other:

quarrelers x 30

quarrelers x 20

gryph hounds

warmachine:

organ gun

cannon 

points 1500/1500

7 minutes ago, AAUBURGER said:

I like it! Gotta love the Organ Gun, rules are just fun...

Thanks! I like cannons but for 120 points the OG is still pretty good... My only issue with the OG is it can jam which dwarf artillery should never do :P

I dont have 60 quarellers, so i have never tried it, but it seems to me that 10 more quarellers would be more versatile than an Organ Gun? Hopefully you will let us know how this list worked out once you get to play it. 

As for the question you actually asked, i wonder if this would be a good list for Strategic Genius. Most of the abilities seem to favor combat generals, but this could potentially keep your warrior wall up a touch longer (not that you ever really expect it to last more than 2 rounds of combat). As for the artifact, perhaps you want to give bugman the Relic Blade and then you have the option to try and have him double as an assassin. Or give him the Talisman of Blinding Light and use him to try and shield the quarellers that come with him.

Another option could be that you make Grimm your general and give him the Obstinate Blade and Legendary Fighter then his job could be to punish whatever is at your Artillery. 

In the end I can tell you are a more competitive player than I am so really, people (me) will probably be more interested in hearing what you end up picking and why rather than what I might suggest, lol.

1 hour ago, Volund said:

I dont have 60 quarellers, so i have never tried it, but it seems to me that 10 more quarellers would be more versatile than an Organ Gun? Hopefully you will let us know how this list worked out once you get to play it. 

As for the question you actually asked, i wonder if this would be a good list for Strategic Genius. Most of the abilities seem to favor combat generals, but this could potentially keep your warrior wall up a touch longer (not that you ever really expect it to last more than 2 rounds of combat). As for the artifact, perhaps you want to give bugman the Relic Blade and then you have the option to try and have him double as an assassin. Or give him the Talisman of Blinding Light and use him to try and shield the quarellers that come with him.

Another option could be that you make Grimm your general and give him the Obstinate Blade and Legendary Fighter then his job could be to punish whatever is at your Artillery. 

In the end I can tell you are a more competitive player than I am so really, people (me) will probably be more interested in hearing what you end up picking and why rather than what I might suggest, lol.

thanks for the reply sadly I cant give any special abilities to named characters :(

adding 12 more quarrelers has crossed my mind but it may take away from my shooting as im looking to use the 20 quarrelers as bugmans rangers aka popping up turn 2 where I need them.

Right! I always forget that named characters dont get those things :P (i cant remember the last time i took one, so that is my excuse). In that case I definitely see your problem. I guess you are stuck with making the RL Tenacious, giving him the Talisman, and trying to use him as an extra shield for the artillery? I kind of feel like no matter what you do, there isnt a good way to make them actually good in close combat, so maybe you spread it out, give one Legendary Fighter and the other Obstinate Blade, so that the oppenent is more likely to ignore both rather than focus down one?

But with 24" are you really expecting to have the organ gun in range on turn 1 anyway? Which is why i thought that adding 10 more "rangers" was almost like giving the organ gun infinite range starting on turn 2. I suppose what it really comes down to is that i personally am slowly moving away from artillery because i dont like how squishy it is...a single flamer shot (threat range 27") can kill the whole crew :(

The organ gun has a range of 28" and an over all threat range of 32" ;) so if placed right an enemy artillary will need about 31" to reach the crew (remember they count as a separate unit when it comes to allocating hits) I think its the flame cannon that as the 24" range.

Yes Ill have to ponder on the special abilities to the RL but I do like your suggestion of spreading it out to give them both a lil bit of umf lets say.

I find with the dispossessed list you can only really take certain units to make them competitive sadly the cools ones like the hammerers and drakes are under the to pricey section to be competitive. I do like those iron breakers but you have to build around them and against some armies they just straight suck. So best well rounded us dispossessed have.... going back to WHFB.... the quarrelers and artillery.... to bad the gyro copters are no longer that good :(

Hopefully with the new steam head or what ever they will be called have the dispossessed rule and we can make a much more versatile army. 

Hi, sincerely i don't play Duardin dispossesed (darn i don't even start playing with my sylvaneth lol) but i love reading warscrolls and thinking army lists, just yesterday i was reading dispossesed warscrolls, and the Longbeards grumbling ability that let your dispossesed heroes use their command abilities even if they're not your general + the warden king command ability seems like a very good strategy to me, and imho the thunderers and his guns are the best to take advantage from this, and if you also use the runelord.. Mix 3 warden kings, 2 longbeards, 1-2 runelords and any number of range disossesed units and maybe there's something... I know that probably you don't have this models, i just think that is a promisining list to think of and maybe you can test it in the future

Hi Miarbi, I like where your going with this I have thought of the hero mash list but I am worried about deep striking units and mobaility. Without bugman I could use miners for teleport potential I would think but I lose some good pop up and shoot ability.

Also with that man lord characters i don't get as much rune lords :( for 1500 points I can only have 4 characters.

47 minutes ago, Bimli said:

Hi Miarbi, I like where your going with this I have thought of the hero mash list but I am worried about deep striking units and mobaility. Without bugman I could use miners for teleport potential I would think but I lose some good pop up and shoot ability.

Also with that man lord characters i don't get as much rune lords :( for 1500 points I can only have 4 characters.

Maybe with 2 warden kings, 2 longbeard units, 2 runelords as your base you can get a decent bonus, 2 longbeards in case they swipe one of them, the runelords you will use it to make the thunderers -2 rend instead of -1, and with each warden target specific units that puts you in trouble, thunderers wound on 3+ so with a little help of the warden they wound on 2+ to the targeted unit with the 3 rules of 1, NATURAL 1 its autofail so dont need to double warden buff on only 1 unit, and all of that i believe maybe if you bubble you heroes with all the other units they can manage to survive, and in mobility yeah duardin are prety slow with his short legs lol, but his guns and abilities are 16" of range so i think thats not bad, once again this is all in paper but who knows

21 minutes ago, Miarbi said:

Maybe with 2 warden kings, 2 longbeard units, 2 runelords as your base you can get a decent bonus, 2 longbeards in case they swipe one of them, the runelords you will use it to make the thunderers -2 rend instead of -1, and with each warden target specific units that puts you in trouble, thunderers wound on 3+ so with a little help of the warden they wound on 2+ to the targeted unit with the 3 rules of 1, NATURAL 1 its autofail so dont need to double warden buff on only 1 unit, and all of that i believe maybe if you bubble you heroes with all the other units they can manage to survive, and in mobility yeah duardin are prety slow with his short legs lol, but his guns and abilities are 16" of range so i think thats not bad, once again this is all in paper but who knows

the mobility is more regards to take points and reaching where you need. Us slow dwarfs can get to where we need with our short lil legs :P

10 minutes ago, Bimli said:

the mobility is more regards to take points and reaching where you need. Us slow dwarfs can get to where we need with our short lil legs :P

I tooootally forgot that little problem of the objectives lol sorry i was more worried in crush the enemy rather than in securing objectives BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! Errrr i mean FOR THE EVERQUEEN :P

6 minutes ago, Miarbi said:

I tooootally forgot that little problem of the objectives lol sorry i was more worried in crush the enemy rather than in securing objectives BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! Errrr i mean FOR THE EVERQUEEN :P

LOL ya I know. any time I build my list my fiorst thought is how can I kill everything... then I'm like oh ya objectives win the game not just kill kill kill... :P

Archived