Events UK: BLACKOUT - 02-03/09/17 - Firestorm Games - PDF pack

Chris Tomlin

1 hour ago, Paul Buckler said:

Yeah loved that formation used it a lot last year.  Weirdly the Elf-Aelf is covered in an FAQ so is fine.  The problem with it is the Har Geth Executioners which no longer exist.  Another part of the FAQ specifically disallows formations with that issue :(  Hopefully Saturday they might update and fix that one

Oh I hadn't realised that, thanks for the info! Fingers crossed then but I won't hold my breath, not expecting anything bar a pdf with points..

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:52 AM, Chris Tomlin said:

Command Traits and Artefacts must be listed and will not change for the duration of the event.

How about Prays and spells , do these also have to be fixed like the Traits and Artefacts for the weekend?

All are normally decided before the game or on deployment. 

Round One Draw

1. Donal Taylor vs Sam Davies
2. Paul Buckler vs Chris Lewis
3. Matt Lyons vs Les Martin
4. Matt Arnold vs Steve Phillips
5. Simon Eccles vs Ben Johnson
6. Jen Lyons vs Ian Gilmore
7. Adrian McWalter vs Ricky Mee
8. Rob Ellis vs Ben Diesel
-
9. Stewart Callander vs Marc Brookes
10. Terry Pike vs Chris Allison
11. Tom Hutchings vs Rob Noyes
12. Robert Sedgeman vs James Ramsey
13. Paul Marshallsay vs Paul Whitehead
14. Ben Richard vs Rob Perrin
15. Carl Smith vs David Brown
16. Jan Proudley vs Rob Bradley
17. Daniel Ford vs Alex Clark
18. Jonathon Kyprianidis vs Pete Allison
19. Benjamin Savva vs Adrian Downey
20. Owyn Abram vs Mark Saunders
21. Matthew Croad vs Russ Veal
22. Elliot O'Neill vs Mike Wilson
23. Luke Whitehead vs Danny Cashman
24. William Morriss vs Joel Smith
25. Sam Pearson vs Chris Thursten
26. Dave Avery vs Kieran Harper
27. Patrick O'Sullivan vs Byron Orde
28. William Crankshaw vs Jack McQuiggin
29. Josh Richards vs Tom Lambert
30. Matthew Sheret vs Laurie Huggett-Wilde
31. Michael Vernon vs Ian Ralph
32. Richard Ciereszko vs Joe Purcell
33. Mark Wildman vs James Boots
34. Mike Burgess vs Ed Hamon
35. Liam Cook vs Steve Smith
36. Jon Warmington vs John Greene
37. Mike Parker vs Andrew Mackay
38. James Eveleigh vs Tom Pedley
39. Nicholas Nunn vs Andrew Lewis
40. James Hayday vs Nicholas Ruesink-Brown
41. Kane Holloway vs Hugh Halligan
42. Tony Moore vs Aaron Bailey
  • Like 7

Quick question for @Chris Tomlin -

I've just discovered that Pink Horrors should be on 32mm bases. Mine must have been old kits, because they came with 25mm rounds. I'm a pretty casual player so I'd never noticed.

I've got a to-do list ahead of Saturday as it is, so would it be acceptable for me to use some 25mm-to-32mm adapters? If not, I'll scramble to get the models rebased.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Whilst all the info is available in this thread (and collected in the first post), I thought it best to still put it together as a PDF for anyone wanting to download to their phones etc;

http://traffic.libsyn.com/theblacksun/BLACKOUT_2017.pdf

I haven't had a chance to read this thread or any new posts within it (I do not visit TGA on the weekends), but will do so tomorrow morning and will reply then. If urgent please Tweet me (@the_black_sun).

Cheers guys, can't wait to see you all very soon!!!

Chris

• Like 1

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:30 PM, Petloski said:

James Eveleigh, eh? Be gentle, it's my first time!

James is a perfect first tournament opponent tbh, he's one of my local guys who only started tournaments himself a year or so ago and has really enjoyed them even as more of a casual player beforehand. Plonk a cider in front of him and you'll have an instant friend!

22 hours ago, Moon said:

Hey,

Just in case anyone is in need of sorting some last minute accommodation I have a bed going spare at Travelodge Central. £63 for the weekend - sharing with Donal Taylor and myself.

This is a great price! If anyone wants to grab the room and jump into the event last minute I will accept a late entry.

19 hours ago, CJPT said:

Quick question for @Chris Tomlin -

I've just discovered that Pink Horrors should be on 32mm bases. Mine must have been old kits, because they came with 25mm rounds. I'm a pretty casual player so I'd never noticed.

I've got a to-do list ahead of Saturday as it is, so would it be acceptable for me to use some 25mm-to-32mm adapters? If not, I'll scramble to get the models rebased.

Adapters are fine mate. Appreciate you acknowledging and addressing the size difference.

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:43 PM, Dan.Ford said:

How about Prays and spells , do these also have to be fixed like the Traits and Artefacts for the weekend?

All are normally decided before the game or on deployment. 

Pop them on your list please Dan. Just saves a bit of time from game to game...there will be plenty of new stuff to discuss pre game as it is.

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:17 AM, James Ramsay said:

Can alternate non gw models be used? If they are appropriate size / look etc?

Yeh mate, totally fine. If unsure drop me a message with a pic please.

• Like 1

Hi Chris, looking forward to the weekend!

I have seen it said on the site that Sylvaneth special character Drycha can choose her missile weapon before each game, Flitterfuries or Squirmlings because, I think, the Warscrolls allows you to use either.  Do you think this is OK for Blackout? Sounds great to a Sylvaneth player like me tbh, so worth checking out. 

Fun will be had whatever!

Ian

Hi @Ian R,

Thanks for your question.

Having looked at the scroll I think this would be a fixed option for the event unfortunately. I appreciate this may be up for debate, but at BLACKOUT if you could select and stick to one option that'd be great thanks. Sorry it's not the answer you would've been looking for...she's great regardless though (I'm sure you've seen her FAQ) :) 

Cheers,
Chris

On 8/24/2017 at 1:16 PM, Petloski said:

Thanks, I'll let you know :)
Timing permitting, I'll make some custom ones on 32mm bases, but if I run out of time, I'll take you up on your kind offer!

Just checking in - packing for the event now. Do you need those spare objective markers? I've got them if so!

• Thanks 1