Rise of Empires: Border Wars Sign Ups

HobbyHammer

Please use the comments to declare interest in joining this free online narrative map campaign. Starting in March...

Please download the Campaign Pack

2017-01-24-PHOTO-00000009.jpg

The Rules of the Campaign

Welcome to Border Wars, the third chapter in the Rise of Empires Age of Sigmar supplements. What a year it has been for the narrative side of Age of Sigmar. Since the last map campaign, we have had a few sell out narrative events in UK and US. Also the Wednesday Warhammer TV narrative game has shown people how awesome it is is play in this more open way.

So what is Border Wars?

I have developed the campaign maps (examples below) to show each armies current territory. Each time your army progresses by posting battle reports or introducing a new unit to the army, this territory will expand. 

There is a flip side to this, if someone doesn't post anything for a month, then their territory will decrease. Similarly, your territory could decrease if you go up against someone else in the Rise of Empires campaign and lose, if this happens it will depend on the outcome as to how much territory is lost and won.

Overview%2BMap.jpg

Overview Map

The%2BGreat%2BGreen%2BTorc.jpg

The%2BNomad%2BChasm.jpg

Example maps of the locations you will be fighting for.

Ways to gain free territory:

1. Post a blogpost detailing a new unit painted including some fluff for that unit. (This doesn't mean you can only paint for your own army, if you paint something else, still post up and tell a story of how it is linked)
  2. Post a battle report with a backstory.
  3. Post a short story of something your army has done if not played or painted anything.
  4. Win a battle against a rival involved in the Rise of Empires campaign.

Ways to lose your territory:

1. Don't post anything for a month.
  2. Be a ******.
  3. Lose a battle against a rival in Rise of Empires.

Gaining a rivals territory:

this is the most important part... If you would like to try and capture terrain off of someone else in the campaign, then this is how you do it..

You let me know which area you are going for and who this currently belongs to, I will set you both a 2 week challenge. Whoever completes the challenge first in this timeframe will win. If neither of you complete, this person who issued the challenge will lose some of their won territory instead. 

The Grand Alliances.

The Overview map shows which parts of the region are controlled by which Grand Alliance, If at any point all the areas of the region are controlled by one grand alliance, the campaign ends. Each area has its own map and therefore its own territory that individuals fight to control. So it is not just an individual campaign, it is a team campaign also.

Monthly Challenges and Objectives.

So, there will be ways to gain extra territory each month, kind of a bonus game which will involves completing an objective - whether this be a painting challenge or gaming challenge will be different each month. This will be posted as close to the beginning of the month as I can make it. So the first will be in March

Prizes.

I won't say what it is, but there will be a prize for the person with the most territory at the end of the campaign. There will also be a prize for my favourite story and one last for the fans favourite story. Which brings me to one last point.. if anyone owns a company and wants to sponsor the campaign, please email me so we can sort something out.

Interested in doing this again! Did the first one and it really helped me get my Stabash Clan painted. That being said I used it to get my stuff paintd, I didn't interact with the campaign very much outside of that.

I've got one unit almost complete for my soulblight army so I could go there.

OR I could keep building models and story for my Ogornid's. 

Can you bring two armies to the table?

4 hours ago, Kramer said:

yeah, sure i'll give this a go! I assume we will get all info here or will you start a new forum when the time comes?

Cheers!

All info on how to participate will be on here, although the campaign itself runs on its own site/system when the time comes. 

I know this plucky little rat that wants to grow up to be an Eshin assassin AND a great warlord....

But I should start a new army--just came into possession of an old metal Slann and assembled several score of Saurus warriors, so I'd like to tell the story of how this old Slann's dreams become reality while painting them all on some nifty round bases.

On 19/01/2017 at 8:42 PM, StoneMonk said:

More stories to tell!

On 20/01/2017 at 2:19 PM, TalesOfSigmar said:

You know it, sign me up!

On 20/01/2017 at 10:38 PM, Dez said:

My group seems to be expanding like gangbusters lately (we went from just two of us to 12 in about 2 months) so I'll have to check in and see who is interested.

On 21/01/2017 at 1:11 PM, Sennyo said:

question do games against opponents not partaking in the campaign count for the purposes of battle reports, etc if yes it sound like fun
 would like to particpate.

On 25/01/2017 at 7:12 AM, Kramer said:

yeah, sure i'll give this a go! I assume we will get all info here or will you start a new forum when the time comes?

Cheers!

On 25/01/2017 at 0:16 PM, Mohojoe said:

Sign me up, I was interested in the other one but was too busy to ever get fully involved. 

I love writing fluff nearly as much as I love the hobby :)

On 27/01/2017 at 2:55 PM, Akylas said:

I'd like to give this a try.

On 30/01/2017 at 5:08 PM, PreacherNoki said:

The Fimir of the Eternal Fen will continue their search for a new meargh in these (not so) fertile lands. We may even drag other inhabitants of the fen with us. ;) Sign us up!

On 05/02/2017 at 11:19 AM, Bostian said:

I know this plucky little rat that wants to grow up to be an Eshin assassin AND a great warlord....

But I should start a new army--just came into possession of an old metal Slann and assembled several score of Saurus warriors, so I'd like to tell the story of how this old Slann's dreams become reality while painting them all on some nifty round bases.

On 09/02/2017 at 7:45 AM, Praecautus said:

I have never done anything like this before in warhammer so will give it a go.

I have three armies but will enter with one - The Black Raven's household (Khorne bloodbound). 

Hi Everybody! Thank you for your initial interest! Please email me your details and I will add you to the website. Please email sean.houghton11@gmail.com

Thanks!

Archived