TGA Grand Campaign ideas

KHHaunts

This is something that was discussed a little while ago as a possible concept.

Since we have a new faction(s) looming(and the fact that we may not get a campaign this year if the focus is on 40k)

It seemed like a good time to move the idea forward.

For any who didnt see the previous post here is the gyst:

Could TGA host its own version of the "Summer Campaign"?

In other words set a story premise with some contribution rules and a start and end date. Allow people to submit their victories and project completions in a firendly faction competition.

The first question to be asked would be:

Is this Viable?

and a close second is:

Is this something that many people would like to see happen.

After that we can sort out the how.

Lets see what people think

Here is a quick outline for how the "rules" could look for the campaign.

Feel free to tear it apart and piece it back together into something worthwhile.

My only input at this point would be to remember that simplicity is proberbly key to its success.

Welcome to the TGA campaign

Story

TBC

This is a international community based campaign set in realm of XXX

This is a for fun community competition that will last from the xx/xx/xx to the xx/xx/xx

The campaign is between the 4 grand alliances

Rules

· Only games between members of TGA will count towards the campaign

· Each member of TGA may only fight for one of the 4 alliances until the conclusion of the campaign.

· Each submitted game or project must be submitted with at least one photo depicting the armies in play (After setup but before the start of the game) the more the better!

· Factions can earn points by submitting there triumphs over their opponents or by completing painting/modelling projects.

· 1 Point is allocated for each project submitted. A point will be allocated for each “Box” worth of miniatures (e.g. Skeletons come in boxes of 10 so completing 20 will get you 2 points. OR the star collecting box skeletons consists of a Mortarch, 10 skeletons and 5 Black knights each of which comes as a box by itself and is therefore worth 3 points)

· 1 point is earned for each PLAYER victory. Therefore any victories between allied factions (e.g. Stormcast and Ironjaws victory over Chaos) result in a point for each victories player for their respective factions.

· Additional points can be earned completing certain conditions or battleplans posted on the campaign page(Such as playing a certain battleplan or narrative or painting a model in a certain category)

· Points will be counted and displayed at the end of each week.

Looks perfect. But I would try to make it interesting for the non members as well: 'Signing up grants you an extra point'. Something like that to grow the community a bit more. 

Maybe for the prize the winning faction could gain an artefact that is only available for games between members (and of course agreed upon before) A crown of dominion or the scepter of glory or whatever. Not sure if it's a good idea or not but this way wiser people than me can decide on this ;)

14 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I'd happily knock together a website similar to the Seeds of Hope one - might need to tap up a decent artist but the basic structure of the site wouldn't be too much hassle.

You mean to display the results. Wow didnt actually consider that as an option. I imagined that wed have to keep it simple through the forums.

But something like that would be great!

6 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Looks perfect. But I would try to make it interesting for the non members as well: 'Signing up grants you an extra point'. Something like that to grow the community a bit more. 

Maybe for the prize the winning faction could gain an artefact that is only available for games between members (and of course agreed upon before) A crown of dominion or the scepter of glory or whatever. Not sure if it's a good idea or not but this way wiser people than me can decide on this ;)

Well as i suggested in the rules only battles between TGA memebers would count therefore you would need toencourage your gaming friends to join so that your battles are "legal"

Well i had a thought on that as well. I was hoping that if this prooved popular enough that the powers of TGA themselves may want to help.

Now i dont know how the mechanics of the site work but it would be quite cool if TGA could add a unique profile title or pip to the winning players that got involved. and/or similar awards for other things (Best painted model, most points etc)

I have a planned campaign for the summer, well starting in april. A narrative based map campaign based on painting, battling and telling stories which will all add up to the Grand Alliance scores. It is in its infancy in terms of prep, but it is coming! 

I will be adding a link on TGA within next few weeks to gauge interest from people. 

1 hour ago, KHHaunts said:

Now i dont know how the mechanics of the site work but it would be quite cool if TGA could add a unique profile title or pip to the winning players that got involved. and/or similar awards for other things (Best painted model, most points etc)

Even better!

24 minutes ago, CJPT said:

I'd be into this. Happy to help with fluff writing too, if any is needed.

Well if we think of some fluff outlines then it would be great for someone to put some fluff to the campaign.

I dont imagine the running of it would be overly difficult. would be great if we could come up with a little prize like mentione above to give people som incentive to commit to the campaign.

I really like this idea!  What we need is an Endless Deserts-esque fan-created corner of the Mortal Realms for 'The Grand Alliance' to call its own.

Here are a few spitball ideas that are "TGA" themed:

1 - The Gleaming Archipelago: A sizeable chain of islands in Chamon surrounded by a sea of liquid metal.  Tzeentch wants to conquer them as part of the ongoing conquest of Chamon, but the forces of Order have discovered vast deposits of enchanted ores that could be useful in the reforging process among other things.

2 - Tagrellancia: A large region within Hysh where wizards of all magical disciplines have weathered the Age of Chaos in their floating spires.  Unfortunately, the various Grand Alliances have rediscovered them and come to harness their secrets.

3 - Ghur's Artery: This "watershed" area in the Realm of Beasts is formed by a massive river of blood that is naturally popular among the Orruks, Daughters of Khaine, and Khorne worshippers.  However, Nagash has dispatched some of has launched warhosts in an effort to capture it as a necromantic locus.

Also, I'm happy to help with document formatting and whatnot (I make nice looking battleplans and fluff pages and such for my FLGS' events).

4 minutes ago, Nacnudllah said:

I really like this idea!  What we need is an Endless Deserts-esque fan-created corner of the Mortal Realms for 'The Grand Alliance' to call its own.

1 - The Gleaming Archipelago: A sizeable chain of islands in Chamon surrounded by a sea of liquid metal.  Tzeentch wants to conquer them as part of the ongoing conquest of Chamon, but the forces of Order have discovered vast deposits of enchanted ores that could be useful in the reforging process among other things.

2 - Tagrellancia: A large region within Hysh where wizards of all magical disciplines have weathered the Age of Chaos in their floating spires.  Unfortunately, the various Grand Alliances have rediscovered them and come to harness their secrets.

3 - Ghur's Artery: This "watershed" area in the Realm of Beasts is formed by a massive river of blood that is naturally popular among the Orruks, Daughters of Khaine, and Khorne worshippers.  However, Nagash has dispatched some of has launched warhosts in an effort to capture it as a necromantic locus.

Also, I'm happy to help with document formatting and whatnot (I make nice looking battleplans and fluff pages and such for my FLGS' events).

Like all three!

My favorite is proberbly the first as the islands will help add to the narrative realism as each island can account for a number of different fighting terrain. Just need to extend the motivation to the other two alliances.

Perhaps Nagash wants the ore to further is own plans with the hints about black pyramids or him coveting the knowledge that went into creating the stormcasts (Or just because he dosent want to stop getting what little of the Stormies souls hes already getting)

Destruction . . . .cause well fighting and stuff . . . .

Well  my intial thought is perhaps to host a mini campaign. Say over two weeks.

To guage the uptake and iron out any kinks to see if its really viable.

After that it would be great to incorporate battleplans into the narrative that TGA members have made. and just generally offer up lots of other involvement opportunities for the community.

Perhaps if the admin team get onside we could get them to post a featured article with the aftermath narrative which does things like specifically mentions someones army by name (What ever they have named it) for winning (Most models painted etc)

just little bits of incentive to immortalize peoples efforts.

11 hours ago, Nacnudllah said:

Was wondering what you think of this for a premises

I was thinking that it could be used as a staging ground for TGA's own little on going narrative with enough space to incorporate a large number or wars

Welcome to The Gleaming Archipelago

TGA’s own corner of the mortal realms.

A series of grand islands placed in the firmament beyond the Mortal realms but influenced by all 8. These great isles were once the haven of a mysterious and prosperous race. A realm filled with great wonders of power and majesty and a once grand empire brought to ruins. Why? Who can say? For untold millennia this deserted realm and the great realm gates within have lain dormant.

Until one day across the mortal realms. Realm gates who power was long thought lost began to flicker into life. As the myriad races of the realms gather to witness the miracle of the gates reborn many begin to wonder.  Where do these long dead gates lead? Some brave or greedy souls begin to wonder what glories or horrors could be waiting on the other side. Fewer still notice the strange and unknown glyph that pulses at the top of that gate with unknowable intent . . ..

Warlords and heroes gather their armies and steel their souls as they bravely step through the gate towards glory and conquest. . . .

Obviously it may need re writing by someone with a bit more skill. But perhaps it would be a good place to start.  as we can incorporate an large number of battlefields, cities, artifacts etc and it will take place out they way of the mortal realms and so the narrative will be un hindered?

5 minutes ago, KHHaunts said:

Was wondering what you think of this for a premises

I was thinking that it could be used as a staging ground for TGA's own little on going narrative with enough space to incorporate a large number or wars

Welcome to The Gleaming Archipelago

TGA’s own corner of the mortal realms.

A series of grand islands placed in the firmament beyond the Mortal realms but influenced by all 8. These great isles were once the haven of a mysterious and prosperous race. A realm filled with great wonders of power and majesty and a once grand empire brought to ruins. Why? Who can say? For untold millennia this deserted realm and the great realm gates within have lain dormant.

Until one day across the mortal realms. Realm gates who power was long thought lost began to flicker into life. As the myriad races of the realms gather to witness the miracle of the gates reborn many begin to wonder.  Where do these long dead gates lead? Some brave or greedy souls begin to wonder what glories or horrors could be waiting on the other side. Fewer still notice the strange and unknown glyph that pulses at the top of that gate with unknowable intent . . ..

Warlords and heroes gather their armies and steel their souls as they bravely step through the gate towards glory and conquest. . . .

Obviously it may need re writing by someone with a bit more skill. But perhaps it would be a good place to start.  as we can incorporate an large number of battlefields, cities, artifacts etc and it will take place out they way of the mortal realms and so the narrative will be un hindered?

I like it.

Have put together the cover letter for a trial campaign. Which i will post in advance to give people chance to spread the word and get involved.

Before i do so however it would be great to gather together some moderators for the campaign.

I hope that if it takes off the TGA admins may be able to help on this front but until then it would be great to gather some people who want to healp with the campaign setup.

I dont think this would pose any restrictions on those involved as we would need to submit results like everyone else and anythink that requires voting can just be done in a way that means you cant vote for your self (Or community votes which may be better)

Have had some great feedback from people and am keen to turn this into a real thing so it dosent just fizzle away.

Archived