FEC command abilities

Ashtyn

Hey guys 

Since a lot of us hope that death will get an update (spell lore for example)

I'm wondering what people think about the FEC command abilities. They are all summoning based, which fits with the theme of the FEC but unfortunately struggles to work in a matched play setting. 

Do you think the command abilities should also be updated if the battletome gets a update?

FEC command and spells are kind of switched in that all the cool awesome buffs are spells. Which is cool because the dude woth out commands have to be your general for special battle line.

As for summoning. I just think it would be cool for subfactions to get alliegences, command traots, or artifact that buff thier summoning in some way.

It is nice that you can run a hero as a general so you get battleline. But you lose out on so much by going pure FEC 

Vamp Lord command ability is huge for FEC as is a Necromancer 

Also spells can be dispelled or failed. As it stands a abhorrent as a general is worse then a vamp or vamp on ZD

I have never used any FEC command abilities at all thanks to Matched Play's handling of summoning.  I definitely think it should be updated or, more likely, summoning itself needs to be adjusted so it's not so crippling to do in Matched Play.  At the very least I'm hoping the King on Monster gets a point reduction in GHB2 as it's hugely expensive compared to most other behemoths, presumably because of the fact you can also summon things.

Archived