Gryph-Hound - Warning Cry

Hyperkinako

Question

Can people clarify to me how they are playing the Gryph-Hound - Warning Cry rule..

I have been reading all the posts about it and still don't feel it has been clearly described.

I get its only on units being set up within 10" (Teleported, summoned,ambushing...) not those moving.  Then roll 2D6 and activate shooty units in that range.

What I'm unclear on is what in a unit can fire?  Say I have a unit of Judicators with bows and 1 shockbolt.  do they all get to fire? or do I pick between all the bows or the Shockbolt? or do I just fire one bow?  do single weapons with multiple shots get them?

Also if two hounds in separate units are present do you get to fire twice?

6 answers to this question

The wording is somewhat ambiguous on this I agree.

But I would say per the example given that you could fire with the bows and the shockbolt as it's just 1 missile weapon per model. If you would have a model armed with 2 missile weapons then that model (and the rest of his unit) should pick one of those weapons to fire with.

As for shooting twice: yes and no

no: If the 2nd gryph-hound unit is triggering one the same enemy unit and the shooting unit is already activated on that enemy unit

Yes: If it's a new unit popping up triggering 1 or both units of gryph-hounds

The weapons are 1 per unit, not 1 per model in context. So if you take it as weapon profile singular - rather than weapon singular - all bows can fire OR the shock bolt can fire.
Also, ability is individual ("this unit").
Players resolve simultaneously triggered abilities in whatever order they choose. The ability is;
Setup within 10" of a Gryph hound unit - trigger.
Roll dice to determine range of ability.
Trigger unit in range.
Resolve attacks.
Ability resolved.
Repeat for other Gryph hounds.
So the same deployment can result in the same unit being triggered by multiple GH units.

Do remember though that as per FAQ, any buffs in play that are "in the shooting phase" don't apply to the attacking unit.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Archived