Vampire lord on abyssal terror

Tizianolol

2 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

But during a tournament if you can buy the lord on abyssal terror you can play with dread abyssal? They let you use another model?

Depends on the tournament - most will. Best to check beforehand. 

Given they just showed it happen at Warhammer World I would guess GW would.

On 11/1/2017 at 10:58 PM, Tizianolol said:

Hi all guys, I have seen the twitch warhammer game and death player played that unit , but vloat is on compendium and you can t buy it.. So it's not possible play it anymore..what do you think about that? Can ghoul King on abyss terror be a soatitute in that list?:)

I have 2 original ones VLoAT and the rules are in the app (moreover the compendiun are still valid) so why should it be canceled?

moreover as other said whats the problem with conversions?

20 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

My doubt was if I can play him with convertion in a official tournament or not;)

that depends on the tournament. Ask thhe arbiter\organizer. Someone is silly about it and can't distinguish etweena proxy and a conversion

Events I have been to actively allow conversions, which is what you are doing.  You have a better chance of such models being acceptable if they are made from all GW models.  

For this model, I saw a fantastic conversion of it on Darth Alec's Blog that I would recommend.  Here it is:

587634a13aaca_2016DeathAbyssalTerror.jpg.5aad6212d4202d4b0cde051748e22062.jpg

This would be a relatively easy conversion and certainly looks thematically appropriate.  

My VLoAT is shown in my Twitter profile picture. It's the legs of a Daemon Prince with the torso of a Gorebeast (because it's meant to have horns) and the wings of a Daemon Prince and some Greenstuff .  @Niconarwhal

The one to watch out for is named characters, these should be very close to the stock model for some tournaments (they have a rule specific to named characters). Basing is an obvious area to experiment on for named characters.

• 1 year later...
On 1/16/2017 at 4:23 PM, Thomas Lyons said:

Events I have been to actively allow conversions, which is what you are doing.  You have a better chance of such models being acceptable if they are made from all GW models.  

For this model, I saw a fantastic conversion of it on Darth Alec's Blog that I would recommend.  Here it is:

587634a13aaca_2016DeathAbyssalTerror.jpg.5aad6212d4202d4b0cde051748e22062.jpg

This would be a relatively easy conversion and certainly looks thematically appropriate.  

I have the most dreadful memories of being on the receiving end of this particular model.

Archived