Stacking Aura's

Mcgregger

Question

"Ghastly Apparition: Mourngul are a soulsearing horror to look upon, radiating an aura of supernatural terror, unutterable despair and ravenous hunger in equal measure. Units from your opponent’s army must subtract 2 from their hit rolls while within 6" of a Mourngul if their Bravery is 6 or less and subtract 1 from their hit rolls if their Bravery is 7 or more."

Is it correct this aura stacks? also does it stack on top of the Cursed book ?

If so any suggestions on how a pure Ironjawz list can deal with it ?

3 answers to this question

Grammaticly this effect does not stack with itself. As it say's "units within x of a y." As a is an indefinite article. 

As it's not refering to any particular or certain mourgul just that a mourgul is there.  So you only have to deal with the debuff once. 

It's kind of like saying "Anyone with a sticker gets a prize." and you say i ahve 2 stickers thinking you'll get 2 prizes, but this is not the case.  Or if you ask some one "do you have a cooky?" your not asking how many it's just if they have any right??? 

45 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

Grammaticly this effect does not stack with itself. As it say's "units within x of a y." As a is an indefinite article. 

As it's not refering to any particular or certain mourgul just that a mourgul is there.  So you only have to deal with the debuff once. 

It's kind of like saying "Anyone with a sticker gets a prize." and you say i ahve 2 stickers thinking you'll get 2 prizes, but this is not the case.  Or if you ask some one "do you have a cooky?" your not asking how many it's just if they have any right??? 

Correct, and to answer your other question with the same metaphor.  You can win the prize if you have a sticker. But you can also win a prize if you have a (cursed) book. Congratiolations you now have a book and a sticker ;)

So yes different abilities stack unless specifically stated otherwise. (but I don't play death so I don't know the exact wording of the book)

Archived