Competitive Gutbusters! (Feedback needed)

Kimbo

Hi Everyone, i just got myself some Gutbusters and really want to make competitive list (That, with a good general...could perform at tournaments). Im really looking at getting into the tournament scene of warhammer and would like to use my new Gutbusters as a start.

Leaders
Butcher (140)
Tyrant (160)

Units
Ogors x 6 (240)
- Battleline
Ogors x 6 (240)
- Battleline
Ogors x 3 (120)
- Battleline
Leadbelchers x 3 (160)
- Gutbusters Battleline
Ironguts x 6 (440)
Ironguts x 6 (440)

Battalions
Gutbuster Wartribe (60) (formation needs 1x butcher, 1x Tyrant, 3x ogors 1x ledbelchers) it seems like a really good formation, your opinion?

Total: 2000/2000

- Is this on the right path?

- What would you change to make it more effective? 

- Anyone using Gutbusters that has any experience on how they performe in age of sigmar?

Thanks in advance, Kimbo

Not bad! I am not keen on iron guts personally as they are so expensive. For instance you have nearly half your points spent into 12 of them. Gnoblars are a great cheap choice. Take 40 of them, use the tyrants command ability to deal 3 wounds to them and then they don't have to take battleshock tests for the rest of the game.
I'm a big fan personally of going mixed destruction and taking a big centre piece model. The forge world range has some really good choices for us, the troll hag and dread maw especially.
My list is fairly similar but I'm using two giants as distractions from my units. I also am taking 9 leadbelchers and 18 bulls as you need numbers for a lot of scenarios. I'm still tempted to pick up gnoblars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, @Mohojoe and I and some other dudes just went over a discussion about gnoblars. I think the outcome of having 40 gnoblars "Bullied" in first round to ignore battleshock was considered very nice.

Secondly, for a tournament you often need two scoring units (sometimes required to be battleline) to remain behind and hug objectives. Thus I propose:

- Remove one unit of Ironguts. use 200 pts for 40 Gnoblars, 120 pts for 3 more bulls. place these new bulls and 3 from the other 6 squad and make a 12 unit bulls to advance with, then have two 3 man units to hug objectives with. its 12 wounds, they can survive as you'll throw a lot in you opponent's face.

- remove the Battalion, take 40 of those + 120 points left over and make the Ledbelchers a 6 man units. The Battalion is good, just not great.

46 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

"place these new bulls and 3 from the other 6 squad and make a 12 unit bulls to advance with, then have two 3 man units to hug objectives with. its 12 wounds, they can survive as you'll throw a lot in you opponent's face."

- aint it better with 2x of 6? will all get to fight often if there is as many as 12? :) i get that buffs like mystic shield is better with bigger units...but...yeah =) what your take on that?

Well, think about it this way: a 6 unit ogres are strong and carry 24 wounds. You may only select ONE unit per round to have Mystic shield. Most likely it will never be your Bulls anyways. splitting them up in two 6s isn't bad at all, it just gives you more units to move if you'd like. But If I saw 12 bulls, 6 Ironguts, and 6 Ledbelchers behind a wall of 40 gnoblars, I'd be shitting my pants too and completely neglect the 2x3 ogre units ACTUALLY scoring points in the missions.

You want to stretch far and wide and make sure no one gets past you. If anybody wants to throw out the "what about flyers jumping over" argument. Fine, I'll take that argument. You get a 12 mabye 14" move. The wall would be at least 3-6" thick, he cannot start but 3" away from you and land 3" away from you. That means with most Monster flyers, he can barely make it over with such a large base and 'most' things on the other side is more nasty than Gnoblars. Secondly, If he does run, makes a 6. Great, he flies hella far. All your ogres have 6" move + D6 from Rampaging Destroyers + 2D6 charge.

@Mohojoe 10+ ogres buffs you to re-roll ALL failed woundrolls on the charge. I cannot begin to argue for how much that is worth when you have that one damn charge and they are tired as hell just cuts armor or shields on your enemies (1's and 2's). Bulls, Ironguts, and Ledbelchers are all the same: the DMG 2 in combat is hella important and every successful wound-roll counts as double of many other things. Also, having the comband trait to give buff '+1 to hit' from your Butcher with Culdron on 3-4 roll makes that unit super ****** nasty. AND it is a battleline which may be required to score in some tournament settings. As you said, hard to move off an objective... 48 wounds.

Leaders
Tyrant (160)
- Massive Ogre Club
Butcher (140)

Units
Ogors x 9 (360)
- Battleline
Ogors x 3 (120)
- Battleline
Ogors x 3 (120)
- Battleline
Leadbelchers x 3 (160)
- Gutbusters Battleline
Ironguts x 6 (440)

Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (180)
Thundertusk Beastriders (320)

This is with all The units i own. Looks pretty good and took note on some things you guys said. 

Got any opinions? ?

On 08/01/2017 at 11:00 AM, Mohojoe said:

Gnoblars are a great cheap choice. Take 40 of them, use the tyrants command ability to deal 3 wounds to them and then they don't have to take battleshock tests for the rest of the game.

Does the Tyran's power target OGORs only?

20 hours ago, Kimbo said:

Leaders
Tyrant (160)
- Massive Ogre Club
Butcher (140)

Units
Ogors x 9 (360)
- Battleline
Ogors x 3 (120)
- Battleline
Ogors x 3 (120)
- Battleline
Leadbelchers x 3 (160)
- Gutbusters Battleline
Ironguts x 6 (440)

Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (180)
Thundertusk Beastriders (320)

This is with all The units i own. Looks pretty good and took note on some things you guys said. 

Got any opinions? ?

Looks pretty good, If you wanted to make it tougher I would drop the aleguzzler gargant and add 3 more leadbelchers to that unit, but i love gargants sooo keep it in!

2 hours ago, kozokus said:

Yeah the unit needs to have the Ogor Keyword, thank god as I would hate to see savage orruks or moonclan grots who dont have to worry about battleshock

On 1/9/2017 at 9:20 AM, Mohojoe said:

Yeah the unit needs to have the Ogor Keyword, thank god as I would hate to see savage orruks or moonclan grots who dont have to worry about battleshock

On 1/9/2017 at 6:57 AM, kozokus said:

Negative! It affects models with the GUTBUSTERS keyword, which Grots (old Gnoblars) do indeed have,  so enjoy putting it on your blob of 60 Grots (Gutbuster, not Moonclan or Gitmob).

IMG_8463.PNG

24 minutes ago, thediceabide said:

Negative! It affects models with the GUTBUSTERS keyword, which Grots (old Gnoblars) do indeed have,  so enjoy putting it on your blob of 60 Grots (Gutbuster, not Moonclan or Gitmob).

IMG_8463.PNG

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-ogre-kingdoms-en.pdf

States differently, says Ogors here. Is it out of date or something now as its what I am using for a lot of stuff that may be in danger of being incorrect?

15 minutes ago, Mohojoe said:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-ogre-kingdoms-en.pdf

States differently, says Ogors here. Is it out of date or something now as its what I am using for a lot of stuff that may be in danger of being incorrect?

Hate to tell you but those are largely out of date. The individual units have the most recent warscrolls, or the app.

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get a few games in yesterday against a death player. I had mixed success with a 1000 point list,

Tyrant (slicer/Pistols) (Talisman of protection)

Gargant

6x Ogor bulls with slicers and fists

6x Ogor bulls with slicers and fists

3x Leadbelchers

his list was something like

Vamp lord

10x grave guard with mighty weapons

10x grave guard with mighty weapons

40x skeletons

20x crypt ghouls

Matches went well, i won 1 and lost 2 but we did play summoning wrong with him being able to keep summoning each turn without needing points allocated for summons. 

His skeletons were insane at x40 pumpin out 3 attacks each, and he had a buff that added an attack to a unit with in 15" of his vamp lord. 

in one match he fielded  3x vargheists which melted to my leadbelchers. 

The big weakness I found I had was taking out his heroes. It wasnt super competitive anyway but I think we got a couple of the rules wrong as we went.  I was really impressed with the tyrant and the bulls. The gargant was a bit hit and miss, but I had known it would be. 

Archived