Feedback needed on my two lists.

Amradiel

Greetings. I am totally new to Age of Sigmar. And played around with two 1000p lists.
One mixed destruction with Beastclaw raiders and Bonesplittaz. And the other is pure
Ironjawz. Which one is the most competitive? I really like the mixed one, a lot of wounds.
But I fear that the Bonesplittaz risk falling behind, but they would be great at holding
objectives for example. The Ironjawz are more of a mixed pack which is good. But nothing
special in my eyes. Feel free to discuss and please leave a comment :) Thank you!

Ironjawz 940p

Megaboss
Warchanter
Brutes x 5
Brutes x 5
Ardboyz x 10
Gore-gruntas x 3

Destruction 1000p

Huskard on Stonehorn
Savage Orruks x 10
Savage Orruks x 10
Savage Orruks x 10
Thundertusk beastriders

They both look like pretty decent 1000pt lists. The IJ one I'm pretty sure I've actually gone up against, and it was a decent fight! Had trouble with the objective though after the unit of Ardboyz was killed.

The second is probably good too - you've got arguably the best battleline with arguably the best mounted hero with arguably the best behemoth. Perhaps a consideration, though, is combining one of the Orruk units? It is a 1000pt game, and you only need the two units. A 40 wound unit is great for defending points, and you'll get an extra bravery point for a while at 10+ models. But unlike the IJ list you have, there's not a lot of variation here, ironically. You could replace one of the Orruk units as well with something comparable - maybe 20 grots? 

Huskard on Stonehorn
Savage Orruks x 10
Savage Orruks x 10
Savage Orruks x 10
Thundertusk beastriders

Would take the thundertusk huskard over normal and upgrade the huskard to frostlord by dropping a unit of savages. 

Both lists look strong, but think the ironjaws will give you more flexibliity

14 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

Thank your all för the replies :)

No problem, in 1k I've been experimenting with using a single group of 10 brutes with reach weapons (boss claw/smasha, and 2 gore choppas) with the brute boss being the general. Lose one brute boss, but all brutes smash at once with auto-inspiring presence/bellowing tyrant. 

Been looking more today at my lists and how to expand them up to 2000 points. And I just can't help it, but I really like the Beastclaw raider/Bonesplitters combo. It just feels right. I have a color scheme in my head. And I always like to make upp little stories/fluff about my armies and it is great fun.

Cool - what idea have you come up with? Share share share.

Also - if you want to know which would perform better, find a willing friend and pitch them against each other, twice, you taking each one once. Proxy if you don't have the models yet! If you win/lose both times, take a look at which army did better. And play the same scenario!

It wouldn't be perfect, but it would give you an idea on how they play, and heck let you know which you prefer to play with.

11 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

Been looking more today at my lists and how to expand them up to 2000 points. And I just can't help it, but I really like the Beastclaw raider/Bonesplitters combo. It just feels right. I have a color scheme in my head. And I always like to make upp little stories/fluff about my armies and it is great fun.

The stonehorn and thundertusk are sweet models. I'm sure you will enjoy painting and playing them. If I were to build another army for fun (Ironjawz my main bae) it would probably be Beaststruction. The Duncan painting video is terrific on the Thundertusk.

• 3 weeks later...

Throwing a random question in. Which do you tend to like more orgors, orruks or grots for your mixed battleline units? I have also been planning a mixed list but was thinking of more of a ironjawz/gutbuster mix. Really want to throw a butcher with a cauldron if a can find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived