Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, gottog said:

Killax, why do you put the Gore-drenched Icon and Bloodsoaked Banner into a Bloodletters unit in your latest lists here? Can you use them both in one unit?

Yes you can use both. Its quite common you can have multiple, but sometimes this doesnt do anything more, but here it does.

Its also incorporated in units this time around I feel. 10 letters are 110 and using many 10 letter units does increase Banner effects and Blood Tithe point options. So I see this as a fair part of their cost too.

Hey there, this Thread has been a great Read for me and I thought I would ask for some advice. I am working on my first 1000 Points of Khorne and I am not sure which Direction to take. I am not a Tournamentplayer but like my List to be decent,,,still Aesthetics , Lore and feel are the most important  to me. And I am not the biggest fan of Spamming Units, simply because I like to assemble and paint different Miniatures. Of course I like to win and bash heads in as much as the next Guy :D.

List 1:

Mighty Lord of Khorne

Bloodsecrator

30 Bloodletters

10 Bloodwarriors

5 Skullreapers

Korgorath

990 Points Total

I feel like even without a Loci, that Unit of Bloodletters can do a lot of work...but to be honest somehow I am not feeling this List. 

List 2:

Mighty Lord of Khorne

Bloodsecrator

Bloodstoker

20 Blood Reavers

10 Bloodwarriors

5 Skullreapers

Korgorath

Goreblade Warband?

1000 Points Total

I have used the Goreblade in the Past and really liked it for small Point Levels, but somehow its not in the Scrollbuilder anymore, Not sure if this would still be legal.

List 3:

Mighty Lord of Khorne

Bloodsecrator

20 Blood Reavers

10 Bloodwarriors

5 Chaos Warriors (MoK)

5 Skullreapers

Korgorath

Chaos Spawn (Allies)

1000 Points Total

I really love that you can take Warriors at 5 Models now. I have seen Liberators do some decent work and Warriors are even better in my Eyes . Maybe the Guys could do a good Job protecting my Backline/Objectives and/or the Bloodsecrator. The Spawn is in because Ihad 50 points left over ...I would love if they would bring the Option to mark them as they are iconic to all of Chaos in my eyes. Limiting them to Tzeentch makes no sense at all. But maybe even as an allied modell it can be a nuisance.

I would like to keep Bloodwarriors and Skullreapers in as those Miniatures are the Main Reasons I was drawn into AOS, otherwise I have pretty much everything in the Range availlable. The Amount of Boxes o choose from makes it rather easy to  collect Khorne without paying the full Price.

@MOMUS

Thank you kindly for your Reply :). 

Yeah, I have those Bloodletters sitting on my Desk and I can`t bring myself to touch them right now, never been the biggest Fan of those Sculpts.

I was leaning towards List 2 as well . But right now I am actually considering to drop that Mighty Lord of Khorne and replace him with an Aspiring Deathbringer (100). I like the Lord, but its a lot of Points tied up in a single Miniature at 1000 Point Level, on the other Hand he hurts more than the Deathbringer, allthough the Command Trait of the Deathbringer is Gold.

Dropping the  lord and the Goreblade Warband would net me 100 Points

- Add  5 Warriors with Shield

- Add 5 Bloodwarriors

- Another Korgorath

- A Slaughterpriest, I know he could easily blast himself apart, but he would give me  some interesting Tools to play with

- More Reavers/ Marauders---allthough I would prefer not at the moment...just to keep some sanity 

- Anything else that would come to mind?

Funny that i play list 2 since i started playing, and i am actually quite comfy about it, but when i finally end up upgrading (i prefer to play one list over and over to get the hang out of units in that setup), i will go by one of these options :

- Drop skullreapers

- Add wrathmongers

- Add 20 bloodreavers (+100)

- Drop might lord of khorne  and battallion (-200)

- Add aspiring deathbringer (+100)

Or:

Aspiring deathbringer

Bloodsecrator

40 bloodreavers

10 Bloodwarriors

5 Wrathmongers

5 Skullreapers

10 minutes ago, phizzco said:

Aren't Slaughter priests spells unique and thus can't be stacked? I don't think that makes a lot of sense that they can be duplicated.

As far as I can tell there is nothing in the rules saying they can't be duplicated or that the effects can't stack. This ultimately is what allows for 30 man units of bloodletters to do mortal wounds on 2+

35 minutes ago, Darksteve said:

As far as I can tell there is nothing in the rules saying they can't be duplicated or that the effects can't stack. This ultimately is what allows for 30 man units of bloodletters to do mortal wounds on 2+

I feel like... I wouldn't allow that lol. Just like I wouldn't allow stacking mystic shield. Just feelsbadman

6 minutes ago, jazman84 said:

Just wondering if I am forced to take Korghos Khul over a Vanilla MLoK in the Goretide Battalion?

The way I see it is I am forking out another 60pts for an inferior Warscroll as KK cannot take Artifacts or Command Traits.

I believe I have found a workaround in Azyr.  If I select my Allegiance and Allegiance Abilities as Khorne I can pick up Goretide Battalion and MLoK, yet KK is not available ?

2 hours ago, phizzco said:

I feel like... I wouldn't allow that lol. Just like I wouldn't allow stacking mystic shield. Just feelsbadman

I mean Mystic shield just can't be cast multiple times, at least in matched play. That being said if you're playing for fun or if you are a TO then you can choose to play things however you want. In my experience it is not terribly overpowered or anything. If stacking the effect  of the prayer bothers you I understand that, but against what else is out there from other armies I don't think it comes close to the top of the power curve.

7 hours ago, jazman84 said:

Just wondering if I am forced to take Korghos Khul over a Vanilla MLoK in the Goretide Battalion?

The way I see it is I am forking out another 60pts for an inferior Warscroll as KK cannot take Artifacts or Command Traits.

GW have changed Khul's warscroll so that he isn't compulsory for running The Goretide.  However if you were running The Goretide and included Khul and another Mighty Lord then you would have to use Khul for the battalion (i.e. you couldn't use the random Mighty Lord).  The Goretide is also really expensive to run now points wise, I always enjoyed running it with it's old points values but find you actually benefit more from some Skullcrushers

7 hours ago, phizzco said:

Perfectly legit to stack prayers at the moment.  Mystic Shield you can't if playing matched play as you can only cast it once - but there's no reason you couldn't stack it otherwise.

8 hours ago, phizzco said:

It's worth bearing in mind that its not just us that can stack prayers, any other army with prayers i.e. Stormcast can use the same prayer multiple times and on the same unit if they like.

Just a quick question, Tournament is coming and the points are 1200 (weird i know), Blade of Khorne is one of my options.

What would you rather play between :

Daemon Prince of Khorne (160)
- Trait: Immense Power
- Artefact: Deathdealer
Bloodsecrator (120)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
Gore Pilgrims (180)

And :

Aspiring Deathbringer with Goreaxe and Skullhammer (100)
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
5 x Skullreapers (180)
5 x Skullreapers (180)

I know it might be suicidal to go bloodletterless and BoK in such low point games. Bok lack cheese at that range. :/

I like the second list more though as you said one big unit of Bloodletters is ideal. Also would go split Wrathmongers and Skullreapers now they are same cost. 20 Bloodreavers and 1 Bloodsecrator are much more difficult to optimize. So dropping 20 reavers is not a strange plan.

Archived