Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could technically do it for sure. There is room for 12 units. The thing is that in practice those big units can become really cumbersome if they move at the same speed and the base makes it difficult to effectively use more than three units. Though its durable for sure. Try it if you like Juggernauts.

Hey guys, I've been playing with a thousand points of Bloodbound, but I wanted to get up to a 2K list. I was hoping I could get some feed back with this.

Allegiance: Khorne
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (140)
- General
- Trait: Slaughterborn
- Artefact: Mark of the Destroyer
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune
Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Slaughterpriest (100)
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
- 1x Goreglaives
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
- 1x Goreglaives
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Meatripper Axes
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Meatripper Axes
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers (140)
- Ensorcelled Axes
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
1 x Chaos Warshrine (180)
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterbrute (180)
Gore Pilgrims (180)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1980 / 2000

Some of my lines of thinking on this, first, I have no daemons as I wanted this to be a mortal army. I just think it looks cooler :) I like the Lord of Khornes command ability, and I think the Mark of the Destroyer is really fun, but I'd be happy to change it for a good reason. The two slaughter priests are there for mortal wounds, as well as their other priestly abilities and also the gore pilgrims. Bloodsecrator is also their for the formation, and because his ability is cool. I gave him the anti magic item because in the 1k games it was really useful, though to be fair it was against magic heavy opposition. That's the heros.

The troops are two min units of blood warriors.  The goreglaives are on the champions so they get 3 attacks. Bloodreavers, they are bodies and objective guys really. two units of skull reapers with daemon weapons. I think the mortal wounds potential outweighs the better to hit from the goreslick blades. The last three options I'm much less certain about. The three skullcrushers are mostly there because I had the models, I would not be upset if someone had a better use of points, or maybe told me how to use them well! The slaughter brute is for a monster, I like monsters. Finally, the warshrine. I looks cool, the prayers are cool and the defencive buff, I like.

So yeah, any help with this would be greatly appreciated! :) 

3 hours ago, jkav86 said:

Hey guys, I've been playing with a thousand points of Bloodbound, but I wanted to get up to a 2K list. I was hoping I could get some feed back with this.

- General
Bloodsecrator (120)
Slaughterpriest (100)
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
- 1x Goreglaives
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
- 1x Goreglaives
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Meatripper Axes
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Meatripper Axes
- Ensorcelled Axes
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
Slaughterbrute (180)
Gore Pilgrims (180)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Some of my lines of thinking on this, first, I have no daemons as I wanted this to be a mortal army. I just think it looks cooler :) I like the Lord of Khornes command ability, and I think the Mark of the Destroyer is really fun, but I'd be happy to change it for a good reason. The two slaughter priests are there for mortal wounds, as well as their other priestly abilities and also the gore pilgrims. Bloodsecrator is also their for the formation, and because his ability is cool. I gave him the anti magic item because in the 1k games it was really useful, though to be fair it was against magic heavy opposition. That's the heros.

The troops are two min units of blood warriors.  The goreglaives are on the champions so they get 3 attacks. Bloodreavers, they are bodies and objective guys really. two units of skull reapers with daemon weapons. I think the mortal wounds potential outweighs the better to hit from the goreslick blades. The last three options I'm much less certain about. The three skullcrushers are mostly there because I had the models, I would not be upset if someone had a better use of points, or maybe told me how to use them well! The slaughter brute is for a monster, I like monsters. Finally, the warshrine. I looks cool, the prayers are cool and the defencive buff, I like.

Looks like a fun list man!

One thing - you only get to take a Bloodglaive on bloodwarrior units of 10, as the warscroll says "1 in 10 may carry a bloodglaive".

This is bad because you don't get a Glaive in units of 5 - but good because if you want a run a larger unit (say, 30) you don't miss out on Bloodglaives.

5 hours ago, EnDirty said:

Looks like a fun list man!

One thing - you only get to take a Bloodglaive on bloodwarrior units of 10, as the warscroll says "1 in 10 may carry a bloodglaive".

This is bad because you don't get a Glaive in units of 5 - but good because if you want a run a larger unit (say, 30) you don't miss out on Bloodglaives.

I personally don't play it this way but RAW you can technically take 2 units of 5 and have 1 of them carry a glaive.

This has been argued back and forth a bit in the forums so I don't think it's worth getting into the details. Find out how your group wants to play the ruling and go from there.

Either way illegal to use 2 in 2 units of 5.

Otherwise great looking list, I've been thinking about how to fit in a warshrine myself, they are a great addition to any bloodreaver heavy list

14 hours ago, jkav86 said:

- General
Bloodsecrator (120)
Slaughterpriest (100)
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
- 1x Goreglaives
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
- 1x Goreglaives
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Meatripper Axes
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Meatripper Axes
- Ensorcelled Axes
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
Slaughterbrute (180)
Gore Pilgrims (180)

Reinforcement Points (0)

I would recommend getting a bloodstoker in, he is good value at 80 and will help get some of those blobs across the table. You could drop the shrine or brute or crushers for him and then add some more reavers He will make your brute a scary beast especially if you have the lord as his handler.

As you only have 10 blood warriors you can only have 1 glaive so maybe up their numbers. 2 units of 10 will be fairly scary compared with some of the std allies you have.

Ok, thanks for the feedback so far guys!

So the bloodwarriors, I could merge the two units of five and still get the requirement for the Gore Pilgrims. The suggestion about a bloodstoker seems like a good idea. For that though I need to drop something, and I think the Skullcrushers just don't make the cut. So, with the free points from that I could get a bloodstoker with a unit of 10 reavers, 10 points left over. Or a bloodstocker and a Korgarath

Having quite good games with the following list:

Bloodthirster 
MLoK 
Bloodstoker 
Bloodsecrator 
S priest 
S priest 
10 Bwarriors 
10 Bwarriors 
5 Bwarriors 
20 reavers 
5 skullreapers 
5 skullreapers 
5 Wrathmongers 

The list has plenty of units to maximise blood tithe, with the priests im only using  +1 to hit to buff the mortal wound output of reapers but in a pinch double blood boil is great to take down a monster. MLoK I was thinking about dropping but his axe ability sometimes keeps an opponent honest and I can take advantage of his charge ability with one tithe point which is very useful.

Hey Pompe, the problem there is the battle line req's. If I do that I'm one short.

MOMUS, how are you finding the Wrathmongers? I like the buff on them but it always feels like it'd be hard to position them right and not give my opponent the buff too

My Wrathmongers are always running out ahead, they only ever charge high value targets and maybe if I'm stretched really weak stuff the can blender in one round of combat.

Don't really plan on getting their buff for friendly units, mainly look to see what enemy they can buff to kill itself.

Its easy, you can apply Wrathmongers as a kamikaze unit or buff "snake" flanking your big unit. As before, I feel every list should consider 1 of these units, they are fantastic when used well and practice makes them perfect. You can expect using them incorrectly the first games but they will grow on you when used well.

@Lavy Brass Stampede works, regular support too. Bloodsecrator + Bloodstoker are always a good choice.

Cheers,

I'm on the fence about buying a set of units. The main thing is that I hate having to play with 100s of models, carrying them around, painting them all. I think in hindsight Khorne was maybe not the best army for me with that in mind haha.

The deal im looking at is $60 for a khorne half of the starter box, 3 boxes of Bloodletters, 1 box of Blood reavers, and 1 box of Blood warriors+ a slaughter priest with the axe (which i already have one of)...

awesome deal, but then I think about having to paint and transport them all and I go zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

1 hour ago, phizzco said:

I'm on the fence about buying a set of units. The main thing is that I hate having to play with 100s of models, carrying them around, painting them all. I think in hindsight Khorne was maybe not the best army for me with that in mind haha.

The deal im looking at is $60 for a khorne half of the starter box, 3 boxes of Bloodletters, 1 box of Blood reavers, and 1 box of Blood warriors+ a slaughter priest with the axe (which i already have one of)...

awesome deal, but then I think about having to paint and transport them all and I go zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I feel you, I just recently bought the starter pack And a start collecting Khorne pack I really enjoy building them but painting is another story. Does anyone know a place where I can get someone to paint them for me xD

16 hours ago, phizzco said:

Sounds like you might want to use a Bloodthirster and Khorgoraths to fill it up quickly to 2000 while being competative aswell!

Once Im back from holiday I think it could be cool to reconsider many builds. As before though, the most logical consequence of more models comes from expensive Battalions. Thaking many drastically removes numbers but also competative power.

37 minutes ago, Fredster001 said:

Just using the WHAoS  app to write an army list however it won't let me choose Mazarall as a leader option when using just the Khorne allegiance?

I can only get him when I chose the Chaos or Daemon allegiance?

No he can be a Leader if he is a Leader.

Looking at the bloodletter warscroll, it says models can be icon bearers. Icon bearers can have either gore drenched icon or a bloodsoaked banner. The thing there is, it doesn't say you're limited to one icon barer. I don't know about all the other units in the game with multiple banner options, but there are a few things like that.  The one that jumps to my memory right away is goblin netters, the warscroll says "A few" and of course I heard a guy talking about a unit of all netters.

Archived