Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

20 minutes ago, Louzi said:

I am still not convinced about gore pilgrims...you pay 180 points to get 2 rerolls...+ the priests get easily killed. A little bit shooting and you lose 380 points? No thx.

I rly like the Warshrine as khorne priest. Only 180 points for 12 wounds, totem keyword, 6 ++ and a nice prayer. I think rly underestimated.

As above, not all lists kill Slaughterpriests easily. The biggest example of that really would be Blades of Khorne, Death factions in general and Destruction lists who decided to go heavy on the melee. In many cases they are easier killed when your facing Order Factions, that's completely true, but the game is more as that and more importantly many former great ranged units have been updated in either cost or limited in Battalion use aswell.

Chaos Warshrines are allright too but the big difference between a Chaos Warshrine list versus any Gore Pilgrims list is that Gore Pilgrims has a solid secondary Objective plan also in the form of allowing the Bloodsecrator to be on the backfield. For sure one Slaughterpriest likely has to babysit him but if that Slaughterpriest has Bronzed Flesh your still starting out with a well protected unit the first two turns and then can ensure your Bloodsecrator isn't an easy target whatsoever.

In any case give Gore Pilgrims a try, the more you'll practice with it the more you'll get used that good Slaughterpriesta and Bloodsecrator placement can give a great advantage to you versus games that arn't heavily focused around ranged combat. One of the best things that comes out of GH2017 next to Monster sight increasement is actually to give melee Order lists, Death melee lists and Destruction melee lists an reason to excist at all (where formerly this wasn't the case). This meta change too works in Gore Pilgrims favour.

What Im basically saying is that despite the 100 point increase on Gore Pilgrims the Battalion itself has never been as good as this, this directly comes forth out of GH2017 giving a new breath to the meta that slowly but surely isn't completely focused on "ranged kills" (of which Flying Sayl Bloodletter bombs where also a part).
The GH2017 really has given many more Allegiances who love melee combat, the result of this is that melee combat has become more important because it's rewarded more. This means that the one weakness Gore Pilgrims has is less common on the scene. Which in turn allows Slaughterpriest to be part of the game for many turns if you place them and protect them well enough.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, 

just signed up and looking for advice. I'm about to start Chaos, debating between Khorne and Tzeentch and made a 1000 point list. I'd like to focus on Daemons, for reasons unknown.  

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Bloodthirster Of Unfettered Fury (260)
- General
- Trait: Immense Power 
- Artefact: Deathdealer 
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Banner of Khorne: Banner of Rage

Battleline
3 x Bloodcrushers (160)
- Khorne Daemon Battleline (Skullmaster Herald of Khorne General)
30 x Bloodletters (270)
10 x Bloodletters (110)

Total: 1000/1000

BT gets Deathdealer and Immense power for 2+D3 damage on his axe. 30 Bloodletters are also pretty frightening with Bloodsecrator's rerolls to hit, +1 attack and generating mortal wounds on a 5+.

Bloodcrushers are there mainly because I like the models, I'm not hell bent on using them but would like to.

How does it look?

Solid list to start your games with, also because a lot of it comes in the starterboxes and the like.

If your expecting some competative games I do think 2 blocks of 30 Bloodletters are better as 10 and 3 Bloodcrushers. Bloodcrushers are very expensive for what they do, their damage output isn't too great and despite costing more as Skullcrushers they are significantly worse now.

Basically go for it! I think you have a nice shot at playing Khorne with it.

Hello i try to play Brass Stampede army but i have problem with my list can you check this and tell me whats is wrong with it?:

1500pkt:

alligance:Blades of khorne

Lord of khorne on juggernaut:General,Berserker Lord,Gore cleaver 140pkt

Bloodsecator:Brazen Rune 120pkt

Slaguepriest:Bronzed Flesh 100pkt

Slaguepriest:Killing Frenzy 100pkt

5xBloodwariors:Goreaxe 100pkt

10xBloodreavers:reavers blade 70pkt

3x Mightskull crushers 140pkt

Gore Pilgrim 180pkt

Brass Stampede 180pkt

My opponents play DoT and sylvaneth and kicking my ass HELP GUYZ

Sorry  my English ;)

1 hour ago, Skarband said:

Hello i try to play Brass Stampede army but i have problem with my list can you check this and tell me whats is wrong with it?:

1500pkt:

alligance:Blades of khorne

Lord of khorne on juggernaut:General,Berserker Lord,Gore cleaver 140pkt

Bloodsecator:Brazen Rune 120pkt

Slaguepriest:Bronzed Flesh 100pkt

Slaguepriest:Killing Frenzy 100pkt

5xBloodwariors:Goreaxe 100pkt

Gore Pilgrim 180pkt

Brass Stampede 180pkt

My opponents play DoT and sylvaneth and kicking my ass HELP GUYZ

Sorry  my English ;)

I'm not as an experienced player as some here, but to me it looks like you're trying to do too much at once. Especially at 1500! I'd drop Gore Pilgrims or Brass Stampede to focus on one and get more bodies in there. If you drop either you could stand to gain another 10 reavers and 5 blood warriors.

15 hours ago, The Fulminator said:

Hello, 

just signed up and looking for advice. I'm about to start Chaos, debating between Khorne and Tzeentch and made a 1000 point list. I'd like to focus on Daemons, for reasons unknown.  

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Bloodthirster Of Unfettered Fury (260)
- General
- Trait: Immense Power 
- Artefact: Deathdealer 
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Banner of Khorne: Banner of Rage

Battleline
3 x Bloodcrushers (160)
- Khorne Daemon Battleline (Skullmaster Herald of Khorne General)
30 x Bloodletters (270)
10 x Bloodletters (110)

Total: 1000/1000

BT gets Deathdealer and Immense power for 2+D3 damage on his axe. 30 Bloodletters are also pretty frightening with Bloodsecrator's rerolls to hit, +1 attack and generating mortal wounds on a 5+.

Bloodcrushers are there mainly because I like the models, I'm not hell bent on using them but would like to.

How does it look?

The Banner of Rage counts as an artefact so you'll need to either drop it or the artefact on your Bloodthirster.  The banners are also a little poor as they're only 8" range and the Bloodsecrator needs to plant his own banner to kick off that ability.

As you're looking to stick with daemons, one suggestion I'd make is consider a unit of Flesh Hounds rather than the unit of 10 Bloodletters.  Same number of wounds in total, but a much better range so you could zip them up to grab objectives if necessary.  Alternatively as suggested you could swap that unit of Bloodletters out for a Slaughterpriest with the Killing Frenzy prayer which gives a unit +1 to hit.

1 hour ago, The Fulminator said:

Oh, didn't know about the banner. 

In regard to swapping out the Bloodletters, I really can't do that, at 1000p I need 2 battlelines and would then  only have 1.

Which is why Id suggest running 2x 30, same points, much better results.

That way the army might seem small but that´s largely the case due to the Bloodthirster. At 1K you can certainly use one but if you do feel the need for another good and effective large infantry unit I´d drop him. Though in general for non-Tournament settings you should totally be okay.

Cheers,

@RuneBrush I think you mentioned ungor raiders in prev post, but I can't find it to quote. I would say yes, a great idea for allies. They would add a load of tactical options. A topical one might be their pregame move- given the review murderhost gets at Blackout they could be a screen of fodder to mitigate a turn 1 loss in a certain scenario.

Or they sit behind your army and add a second layer of damage output beyond melee. 

or up front + out wide on a flank to force a choice for your opponent between playing for an objective or committing a turn to taking them out.

Allies and allegiance + factions in relation to khorne, BoK, StD and everchosen still giving me a headache. I'm possibly missing something obvious or just overthinking it and confusing myself. I probably need to spend some time looking over other threads on my laptop instead of browsing on my phone..

Anywho, Sayl- is he still a thing? 

As a concept for a 2k list with khorne allegiance could you have:

Bloodmarked warband (battalion)

Unit of khorne marked chaos warriors

Bloodstoker

Mlok w/ Violent Urgency

(Other stuff with khorne keyword to meet battalion requirements)

Allies: Sayl, 10 ungor raiders, unmarked chaos sorcerer

If you get traitors mist off on the chaos warriors, you could theoretically be charging in to combat on a 5+ (+3 for being whipped, +1 unit hornblower) from 3 dice (mlok command ability) with a reroll (if in range of command trait)

Hello ;) new idea for my khorne amry pls check this out :D :

1500pkt

Lord on Juggernout:slagueborn,gorecleaver 140pkt

bloodmaster: crimson crown 80pkt

bloodsecator 120pkt

bloodletters 30x 270pkt

bloodletters 30x 270pkt

bloodletters 10x 110pkt

bloodreavers 10x 70pkt

Bloodcrushers 6x  320pkt

Battalion Murderhost 120pkt

4 hours ago, ****** said:

Allies and allegiance + factions in relation to khorne, BoK, StD and everchosen still giving me a headache. I'm possibly missing something obvious or just overthinking it and confusing myself. I probably need to spend some time looking over other threads on my laptop instead of browsing on my phone..

Anywho, Sayl- is he still a thing? 

As a concept for a 2k list with khorne allegiance could you have:

Bloodmarked warband (battalion)

Unit of khorne marked chaos warriors

Bloodstoker

Mlok w/ Violent Urgency

(Other stuff with khorne keyword to meet battalion requirements)

Allies: Sayl, 10 ungor raiders, unmarked chaos sorcerer

If you get traitors mist off on the chaos warriors, you could theoretically be charging in to combat on a 5+ (+3 for being whipped, +1 unit banner) from 3 dice (mlok command ability) with a reroll (if in range of command trait)

4 hours ago, ****** said:

Yes, hence khorne marked chaos warriors, not blood warriors :)

Yes of course can still cast on Chaos Warriors with mark of Khorne instead. Yea misread your list to Bloodwariors. Love to see how it fares!

Hello fellow Khornate, 

I am a new player doing a lot of research trying to make a competitive and coherent army of Khorne. So far I really like what I'm seeing with the bloodbound and their battalions and this is what I have made

Leaders:

Khorgus Khul

Mighty lord on Juggernaut 

Exalted Deathbringer 

Units:

2x Skullreapers 

3x Blood Warriors

3x Mighty Skullcrushers 

Battalions:

Goretide

Slaughterborn

Brass Stampede 

this army is all about charging and getting into the fray as fast as possible. However the down side I see is there is no ranged and has little to no support.

if you great minds and veteran warlords can assist in letting me know how I can improve or mix up this 2000 point army to make it work in the competitive side while keeping it within the realm of Khorne I would much appreciate it!

7 hours ago, ****** said:

Any one think there should be an faq sticker pack?

All the updated/edited ability txts in a perfect size to peel off and stick over the originals with a seamlessly matched background 

Meh, in most cases the changes for Khorne are rather obvious. I am very happy with the errata so room for doubt is removed but very little has actually changed in terms of how I used to play it and how it plays now. The one big exception is the Bloodsecrator's Rage of Khorne and even that is something most of us saw comming the moment we saw really good ranged unit costs increase and the rules of one changed to incorporate more.

You could go the extra mile and recreate it all in photoshop but the changes are really minimal in general for us.

2 hours ago, Skarband said:

Hello ;) new idea for my khorne amry pls check this out :D :

1500pkt

Lord on Juggernout:slagueborn,gorecleaver 140pkt
bloodmaster: crimson crown 80pkt
bloodsecator 120pkt
bloodletters 30x 270pkt
bloodletters 30x 270pkt
bloodletters 10x 110pkt
bloodreavers 10x 70pkt
Bloodcrushers 6x  320pkt

Battalion Murderhost 120pkt

Looks better for sure but you can still do yourself another favour! Especially because the Khorne Lord on Juggernaut really hasn't got much to do. Consider the following (also more interesting for the hobby):
- Drop Bloodcrushers 
- Drop the unit of Bloodletters and Bloodreavers total 540 points left)
- Add two units of 3 Skullcrushers (better as Bloodcrushers and cheaper) which costs 280 (220 left) add 10 Bloodwarriors (20 left) and upgrade the Bloodmaster to a Skullmaster. It might not seem like a huge difference on paper but it adds so much power overall. 

The Skullmaster has the advantage of mobility and bigger base, meaning you in general get more advantage out of your Bloodletters. By splitting up the Skullcrushers and adding a unit of Blood Warriors your Khorne Lord on Juggernaut actually has something to do with his Command Ability and in general this way can provide very strong shock troops and Skullcrushers are fast and durable enough to aslo go for Objectives if the Bloodletters and Blood Warriors do enough damage (which they likely will).

54 minutes ago, Heroflegend21 said:

Hello fellow Khornate, 

I am a new player doing a lot of research trying to make a competitive and coherent army of Khorne. So far I really like what I'm seeing with the bloodbound and their battalions and this is what I have made

Leaders:
Khorgus Khul
Mighty lord on Juggernaut 
Exalted Deathbringer 

Units:
2x Skullreapers 
3x Blood Warriors
3x Mighty Skullcrushers 

Battalions:
Goretide
Slaughterborn
Brass Stampede 

this army is all about charging and getting into the fray as fast as possible. However the down side I see is there is no ranged and has little to no support.
if you great minds and veteran warlords can assist in letting me know how I can improve or mix up this 2000 point army to make it work in the competitive side while keeping it within the realm of Khorne I would much appreciate it!

I feel this is an example of way too many points going into Battalions .  While Goretide makes it faster, Slaughterborn potentially more cool and Brass Stampede makes Skullcrushers a little bit better I can't see the army contributing to much without a Bloodsecrator for one but also a Bloodstoker for second. 

What my tip at this point would be is to consider what you want to do, if you do want to go mono-Bloodbound you might want to consider just going full with Brass Stampede or go another route with Bloodforged. While Bloodforged isn't talked about too often they do make Blood Warriors completely legit and all the more choppy against anything. At this point Wrathmongers are a fantastic choice aswell so there isn't actually much you can do wrong with either of these Battalions. If you like Slaughterpriests I think all of us here would agree that Gore Pilgrims is a great choice aswell.

At this point I do not feel Slaughterborn is worth the cost it has nor do I think that the additional bonus Goretide provides is worth this Battalion difference. In essence the two where great before but with the GH2017 update you pay 200 points more, this is the cost of another 10 Blood Warriors, very close to the cost of 30 Bloodreavers, 5 Wrathmongers or even 30 Bloodletters if you squeeze on Heroes.
Good as these Battalions where, they are not so good you essentially can ignore a backbone like that.

Cheers,

I'm going to post my list to see what you guys think about it. Still plan on buying Skarbrand, a Bloodthirster and Skarr Bloodwrath. 

Mighty Lord of Khorne as general

Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear

Bloodsecrator

Bloodstoker

2 Slaughterpriests

2 sets of 5 Blood Warriors with Axe and Gorefist

10 Blood Warriors with double Axes (1 GoreGlaive)

20 Bloodreavers with Blades

20 Bloodreavers with Meatripper axes

5 Wrathmongers

30 Bloodletters

1 Khorgorath

1 Slaughterbrute (just bought him)

= 2010 points

besides that I have: Exalted Deathbringer, Aspiring Deathbringer and Skullgrinder. I used to run the GorePilgrims or Goreblade Warband Battalions.

5 hours ago, Killax said:

Meh, in most cases the changes for Khorne are rather obvious. I am very happy with the errata so room for doubt is removed but very little has actually changed in terms of how I used to play it and how it plays now. The one big exception is the Bloodsecrator's Rage of Khorne and even that is something most of us saw comming the moment we saw really good ranged unit costs increase and the rules of one changed to incorporate more.

You could go the extra mile and recreate it all in photoshop but the changes are really minimal in general for us.

Looks better for sure but you can still do yourself another favour! Especially because the Khorne Lord on Juggernaut really hasn't got much to do. Consider the following (also more interesting for the hobby):
- Drop Bloodcrushers 
- Drop the unit of Bloodletters and Bloodreavers total 540 points left)
- Add two units of 3 Skullcrushers (better as Bloodcrushers and cheaper) which costs 280 (220 left) add 10 Bloodwarriors (20 left) and upgrade the Bloodmaster to a Skullmaster. It might not seem like a huge difference on paper but it adds so much power overall. 

The Skullmaster has the advantage of mobility and bigger base, meaning you in general get more advantage out of your Bloodletters. By splitting up the Skullcrushers and adding a unit of Blood Warriors your Khorne Lord on Juggernaut actually has something to do with his Command Ability and in general this way can provide very strong shock troops and Skullcrushers are fast and durable enough to aslo go for Objectives if the Bloodletters and Blood Warriors do enough damage (which they likely will).

I feel this is an example of way too many points going into Battalions .  While Goretide makes it faster, Slaughterborn potentially more cool and Brass Stampede makes Skullcrushers a little bit better I can't see the army contributing to much without a Bloodsecrator for one but also a Bloodstoker for second. 

What my tip at this point would be is to consider what you want to do, if you do want to go mono-Bloodbound you might want to consider just going full with Brass Stampede or go another route with Bloodforged. While Bloodforged isn't talked about too often they do make Blood Warriors completely legit and all the more choppy against anything. At this point Wrathmongers are a fantastic choice aswell so there isn't actually much you can do wrong with either of these Battalions. If you like Slaughterpriests I think all of us here would agree that Gore Pilgrims is a great choice aswell.

At this point I do not feel Slaughterborn is worth the cost it has nor do I think that the additional bonus Goretide provides is worth this Battalion difference. In essence the two where great before but with the GH2017 update you pay 200 points more, this is the cost of another 10 Blood Warriors, very close to the cost of 30 Bloodreavers, 5 Wrathmongers or even 30 Bloodletters if you squeeze on Heroes.
Good as these Battalions where, they are not so good you essentially can ignore a backbone like that.

Cheers,

Alright, I have also looked into Bloodforged and thought it was a cool mechanic. However, I had a question with the Wrathmongers and if I could possibly put a Bloodstorm battalion into the Bloodforged battalion (if that makes sense). And, from the competitive standpoint, would Gore Pilgrims be better or Dark Feast?

Hey guys,

Any thoughts on the below list?  The gist is that the 3 Slaughterpriests cast Bronzed Flesh on the Bloodwarriors giving them a 2+ save (and ignoring rend -1) as they run up the middle of the field, making saves and gorefisting blokes with the Wrathmongers standing behind them (for the attack buff/2" attack range).

The Skullcrushers are to flank/be a secondary threat, the Reavers are there to grab some objectives and the Khorgorath is there because i had 100 points leftover and I own one.

I'm pretty new to the game, have only played a handful of games against the same opponent so some opinions would be brilliant.

Cheers

1 Aspiring Deathbringer - Talisman of Burning Blood - Violent Urgency 100 General
1 Slaughter Priest - Bronzed Flesh 100 Hero
1 Bloodstoker 80 Hero
1 Bloodsecrator 120 Hero
10 Bloodreavers 70 Battleline
10 Bloodreavers 70 Battleline
30 Bloodwarriors - Gorefists 520 Battleline
5 Wrathmongers 180 Other
1 Khorgorath 80 Other
6 Mighty Skullcrushers 280 Other
  Gore Pilgrims 180 Battallion

TOTAL   1980  

11 hours ago, Heroflegend21 said:

Alright, I have also looked into Bloodforged and thought it was a cool mechanic. However, I had a question with the Wrathmongers and if I could possibly put a Bloodstorm battalion into the Bloodforged battalion (if that makes sense). And, from the competitive standpoint, would Gore Pilgrims be better or Dark Feast?

Hey, no you can't normally have multiple of the same units be part of the same Battalion. The only exception are the "mega battalions" such as The Goretide Battalion.
In terms of competative advantage in Gore Pilgrims vs Dark Feast I'd say Gore Pilgrims works out generally better. However as before, if your opponent is low on ranged and magic attacks then things like Dark Feast can win you the game right on the spot. Though most armies will have something in terms of ranged support and thaking out the Slaughterpriest from Dark Feast is much easier to do than thaking out all Slaughterpriest from Gore Pilgrims. In addition Dark Feast can be great if you like to run multiple blocks of 40 and there is a hobby aspect about that which isn't too cool to do. As in order to fully benifit from Dark Feast you should at some point consider buying and painting 120+ of them. This can also happen with Bloodletters but in many cases 60 to 90 are enough, where this is just where you start with Bloodreavers.

2 hours ago, EnDirty said:

Hey guys,

Any thoughts on the below list?  The gist is that the 3 Slaughterpriests cast Bronzed Flesh on the Bloodwarriors giving them a 2+ save (and ignoring rend -1) as they run up the middle of the field, making saves and gorefisting blokes with the Wrathmongers standing behind them (for the attack buff/2" attack range).
The Skullcrushers are to flank/be a secondary threat, the Reavers are there to grab some objectives and the Khorgorath is there because i had 100 points leftover and I own one.
I'm pretty new to the game, have only played a handful of games against the same opponent so some opinions would be brilliant.

Cheers

Looks like a cool list to me, but now more then ever I would be inclined to fill up those last 20 points aswell. Lets not secretly make Gore Pilgrims a Battalion that costs 200 points ;). What I do like is how you picked the big Blood Warrior backbone. I would still however consider upgrading the Khorgorath to a full unit of 5 Blood Warriors or use those points to upgrade the Wrathmongers to 2x 3 Skullcrushers in addition to those you allready have. 

I think the Blood Warrior death star will work out fine but at the same time it's so many points in one place that your opponent can play a subgame of how to make that unit the least effective as possible. For sure Slaughterpriests have something to say about that aswell but I do feel there are easier ways to 'save points'. For example on Bloodletter and Bloodreaver units or indeed just a lot of Skullcrushers.

Cheers,

Archived