Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

12 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I love reading my book - after all these years, still pure awesome :)

I love the Slaves to Darkness book, the pathway for developing renegades and champions got me into Chaos in the first place - who doesn't want a champion with a face of Khorne, uncontrollable flatulence, high pitched voice and a plasma cannon for an arm :) 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What sort of new prayers are people wishlisting for?

I would like ones along the following:

1) make one of our units run towards the enemy in the hero phase

2) make an enemy make a ranged attack against a unit of your choice

3) call a storm that causes minus 1 to shoot against all units within 12"

17 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

Blood rain would be awesome. 

Maybe a battalion which forces units of your choosing to always move towards each other in the movement phase.

I'd like to see priests get the ability to summon based on models killed in the last turn, so let's say 10 models die, you can summon any khorne daemon up to a casting value of 10 on a 4+

I'm hoping for more battleline options when taking named characters as generals
Wrathmongers/skullreapers when using Skarr.
Khorngorath when using scyla anfingrimm

Unlikely but certainly looks good.

I want the following highly likely thing

Taking a khorgorath or demon model doesn't prevent lord on a juggernaught making skull crushers battleline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want skarr to get fixed.

i would like a prayer that causes a rain of blood which reduces the range units over an area, like the effect in the battle of the verdigris plain in ghb

spme sort of deamon summon

maybe some prayers that act as an alternative to the blood spectator effects

I would love some movement enhancements that actually increase total threat range.

Bloodstoker is great but he doesn't change the fact that an enemy 17+inches away is immune to any move 5 model that needs to charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Carnelian said:

1) all units within 16" to be at -1 to hit when targeted with a shooting attack, but +1 attack (affecting units on both sides).

2) a "my god is better than your god" prayer that targets other (non-khorne) priests or wizards, dice roll off.  Looser suffers mortal wounds

3) add an extra D6 to a unit's charge range

Other bits I've thought of:

Command trait that allowed the entire army D6" (or preferably D3+3") move after set up would be quite cool.  Would help just erode that gap between me and my opponent.

Skarr to work without summoning points would make him usable - or reduced to 80/100 points to compensate.

Sweating profoundly at the thought of what the bloodsecrator might end up costing... Skullreapers aswell.

I hope to see deamons become a little more viable.

Please make skullcrushers deadlier! I will pay extra, just make them killy!

I want our heroes to be rework

synergy and buff is nice, but i hear "khorne hero", i don't hear "fragile guy who hide behind his men and support them" but " killing machine who put a combined harvester to shame".

They should be stronger, faster, better, killing things like they are suppose to do, letting behind them a river of blood, not hiding and making our units better. They should be something like the ogroid thaumaturge, with more violence and less magic. I want the army to be heroes-focused

Returning to the hobby (20 year gap) and with not many battles under the belt, I am looking forward to the new tome. I really like the idea of having the ability to summon a Demon. However as its Khorne, the more Blood that is spilt and Skulls offered, the greater the chance of it occurring. So not really having a separate prayer or function on a standard. Just a more aggressive approach to inflicting casualties. 

eg- Roll a +6 as soon as 10 models slain, +5 at 15, +4 at 25. 

They don't have to be enemy models, after all Khorne cares not....

1 hour ago, ledha said:

I want our heroes to be rework

synergy and buff is nice, but i hear "khorne hero", i don't hear "fragile guy who hide behind his men and support them" but " killing machine who put a combined harvester to shame".

They should be stronger, faster, better, killing things like they are suppose to do, letting behind them a river of blood, not hiding and making our units better. They should be something like the ogroid thaumaturge, with more violence and less magic. I want the army to be heroes-focused

Very true! Back in 6th a Khorne lord could take on twenty men and win. Bring that back!

Would be cool with something like:

Getting stronger with kills. Maybe healing aswell.

Chanllanges would be sweet!

I'd like to see all chaos monsters get the ability for god keywords - slaughterbrute is made for Khorne!

to add to Ledha's comment above, I'd like to return to a Slaves to Darkness-esque anti magic abilities which would cause terror in enemy magic users.

The troll hag's ability is very khorne;

... even twist and spite any hostile magic set against them. If you successfully unbind an enemy spell with the Troll Hag, if that spell could have caused wounds (such as Arcane Bolt) then roll a D6. If a 4+ is rolled then D3 mortal wounds are in iflicted on the wizard whose spell was stopped.

The ability to summon daemons would be welcome, perhaps the perfect thing for a warshrine to do or a new spell for the priest.

Maybe the potential to have other chaos creatures marked khorne so we can use them as generals, such as a doombull, or even just the ability to mark beastmen to give the army much needed speed.

Does anyone know if mono-daemon khorne armies are still a thing in the new book, or is it just a combined khorne faction now?

I mean, of course, you could just choose not to take mortals, but I mean in terms of deamon-only advantages (e.g. battleine options, etc.).

It'll be exactly like the tzeentch book, so mono armies will.be a thing,  you'll likely see more battleline tbh so you could take bloodcrusher as battleline if you take a hero one.

I hope so much they rework the blood throne now I think about daemons.

It should be a totem which grants stuff, maybe a priest instead. It's currently subpar 

A minor thing I'm kinda hoping for would be for the Skullcrushers' shield to work like the Chaos Runeshield, but against magic it's improved to a 4+.

I'm really not expecting a lot of changes to existing units, just a crapload of battalions, new prayers for the Slaughterpriest and of course an allegiance and new artefacts/traits. A bit like the new Stormcast/DoT book, though we don't need new models we have enough to pick from.

1 hour ago, Aspirant Snaeper said:

Did the DoT book introduce a lot of new/updated Warscrolls? Can we expect warscrolls to change for Bloodbound/Daemons?

The DoT book ended up with like 19 I think, and iirc Stormcast got like 21.  I know some of them were for massive games, likely meant for open play (looking at you, Chambers). They'll probably axe (muhaha) some of the old battalions for sure, but we'll get some new ones that will be a lot better than the ones we have now.

Archived