Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The blood tithe isn't really a subject that's been discussed, I don't think ?

It obviously has more value in some lists than others.

Models with more wounds will find the crimson rain less effective than a List with hordes of blood reavers, chaos warriors etc, but in exchange having hordes of models makes relentless fury more valuable which in turn is less good for high wound low model count lists.

Against some lists with certain builds you'll find the entire table a bit disappointing 

• 2 weeks later...

So, up until now, I've exclusively played mortals, but am now thinking about branching into demons.  Looks like, however, that all our generals' command abilities only affect one side of Blades or the other (mortals or demons, not both).  What are peoples' recommendations for a mixed force general, and why?

FMB

4 hours ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

So, up until now, I've exclusively played mortals, but am now thinking about branching into demons.  Looks like, however, that all our generals' command abilities only affect one side of Blades or the other (mortals or demons, not both).  What are peoples' recommendations for a mixed force general, and why?

FMB

Just rely on Blood Tithe to get off other command abilities for the "other" faction!

4 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

With battalions being massively expensive now,  and little major mobility compared to other factions, he is still required tbh

Yep and I doubt FW will update any points alongside the GHB2017.

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

With battalions being massively expensive now,  and little major mobility compared to other factions, he is still required tbh

Your thoughts on the massive increase of battalions? Hard to squeeze in several battalions now, and thus missing out on good equipment and stuff. I'm thinking ditching Khorne allegiance and just do mixed Chaos...

Honestly my initial feeling is that this is a good thing that we're seeing battalions increased.  Is it a major adjustment?  Absolutely.  Yet somehow I suspect it's good for the game in the long run.  This may also further encourage the maxing out of battalions when possible in order to get the most out of their cost if the battalion offers a maxed out bonus ability.

Just a reminder to try not to look at this change in a bubble either.  We need to see what other factions are capable of bringing to the table with these changes as well before we start panicking. :)

12 minutes ago, Jharen said:

Honestly my initial feeling is that this is a good thing that we're seeing battalions increased.  Is it a major adjustment?  Absolutely.  Yet somehow I suspect it's good for the game in the long run.  This may also further encourage the maxing out of battalions when possible in order to get the most out of their cost if the battalion offers a maxed out bonus ability.

Just a reminder to try not to look at this change in a bubble either.  We need to see what other factions are capable of bringing to the table with these changes as well before we start panicking. :)

I hear you, but I'm not convinced. But we'll see :/ Initially I feel I'm now forced to build a one trick pony to really get the most out of the Battalions! But hey, might be fun! 30 model strong Bloodwarrior units, yay! 6-9 model strong Skullcrusher might now be a reality w the points drops :) And 3 Khorgoraths!

all buffed by Slaughterpriests ofc

Thanks for sharing! Yeah the up in some Battalions is good, we also save points on large units so eventually it will still pan ut well enough. 
Overall I think the update is more or less fair though I think it's extremely odd that Bloodcrushers are now more expensive as Skullcrushers while being weaker. 

Archived