Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Urbanus said:

How are people finding the bloodstoker? To me he seems expensive for what he does? Sure extra charge range is great but I need the entire army to charge or none of it!

@Carnelian Btw I cannot recomend the aspirins deathbringer enough for general. Such a cheap way to get extra attack. But if you often face decent shooting he might go down quick.

Yes if I don't run dark feast I would probably swap the bloodstoker out for the aspiring deathbringer

However I would make another comment. Sometimes it's better to charge with a single unit only and just block off other units.  That way you are guaranteed to hit them first. With bloodreavers that makes a world of difference.

i'm not convinced on the priest. on a 4+ you do a thing. on a 1 you hurt yourself.

for 40 points more you get a unit of 5 skullreapers, that's 15 wounds, mortal wounds and attacks. you could draw your opponent off a target, or you could just kill them, just as likely to do as many if not more mortal wounds with the skullreapers than the priest and then you get the normal damage on top of that. 

and when they die they do a mortal wound on a 4+ and d3 mortal wounds on a 6.. 

maybe its just my lack of success with the guy which is skewing my view. i just never found he done anything. 

31 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

maybe its just my lack of success with the guy which is skewing my view. i just never found he done anything. 

I honestly believe that certain models/units just don't work for some people, nothing to do with the player, just that the little piece of plastic hates us :D

Good point about the Skullreapers though, I've not got round to adding any to my army quite yet so often forget they're a good source of mortal wounds.

7 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I honestly believe that certain models/units just don't work for some people, nothing to do with the player, just that the little piece of plastic hates us :D

Good point about the Skullreapers though, I've not got round to adding any to my army quite yet so often forget they're a good source of mortal wounds.

they're amazing, really are. for 40 more points than warriors you have. more attacks, more damage, mortal wounds and mortal wound potential on death & they get better over time

such a steal at 140 points, easily one of the best troop options for khorne. 

They are so good they start arguments... Like this one:

Me: Okay since you killed two I have three dudes left and they have killed 8 models so now I get to reroll to-hit and to-wound.

Opponent: When does that ability activate?

Me: ... What do you mean?

Opponent: like when do you tally up if they have killed enough?

Me: ... Whenever I attack?

O: Does it say when you should count them up?

M: No...?

O: Then It probably doesnt kick in 'till next phase.

Me: ... Are you kidding me with this ******?

13 minutes ago, Urbanus said:

They are so good they start arguments... Like this one:

Me: Okay since you killed two I have three dudes left and they have killed 8 models so now I get to reroll to-hit and to-wound.

Opponent: When does that ability activate?

Me: ... What do you mean?

Opponent: like when do you tally up if they have killed enough?

Me: ... Whenever I attack?

O: Does it say when you should count them up?

M: No...?

O: Then It probably doesnt kick in 'till next phase.

Me: ... Are you kidding me with this ******?

no, it kicks in the moment you have as many kills or twice as many kills as the unit contains models. 

3 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

no, it kicks in the moment you have as many kills or twice as many kills as the unit contains models. 

Exactly. In the end I won him over by arguing that "running" meant "constantly counting" not "count up at the beginning of each combat phase".

3 hours ago, Arkiham said:

i'm not convinced on the priest. on a 4+ you do a thing. on a 1 you hurt yourself.

for 40 points more you get a unit of 5 skullreapers, that's 15 wounds, mortal wounds and attacks. you could draw your opponent off a target, or you could just kill them, just as likely to do as many if not more mortal wounds with the skullreapers than the priest and then you get the normal damage on top of that. 

and when they die they do a mortal wound on a 4+ and d3 mortal wounds on a 6.. 

i remember the time when my slaughterpriest forced a whole unit of skyfire to run toward my army, flying above their own screen unit

I laughed a lot.

The rule states run as if it were the units movement phase so add D6 to their movement. In addition as it meant be as their movement phase it is logical that other benefits would have to be added e.g. Horn.

Q what impact would this have on a unit that shoots? Would it stop them as running usually would? Or prevent that unit charging later?

The rule states run as if it were the units movement phase so add D6 to their movement. In addition as it meant be as their movement phase it is logical that other benefits would have to be added e.g. Horn.
Q what impact would this have on a unit that shoots? Would it stop them as running usually would? Or prevent that unit charging later?

Seeing as how they are running in your turn it won't affect what happens in theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Arkiham said:

It is run isn't it, which is a d6. Does it trigger any special rules which are optional such as reroll run rolls or using a horn to run a determined distance ?

It's definitely their move plus d6".

A run move is not a separate d6" move (like in 40k) - it's the entire movement value of a unit plus d6".

That's why Slaughterpriests are so good! One of the coolest abilities in the game. Rightly limited by a fairly short range.

Screenshot_20170317-203456.png

What are people's perceptions of khorne marked slave to darkness chaos warriors? 

I keep being tempted by a unit with great weapons; multiple rend attacks at a slightly cheaper model cost than blood warriors, seem like a nice hammer unit.

Thr start collecting box keeps whispering 'buy me', a second gore chariot and this unit are so tempting.

6 hours ago, Praecautus said:

What are people's perceptions of khorne marked slave to darkness chaos warriors? 

I keep being tempted by a unit with great weapons; multiple rend attacks at a slightly cheaper model cost than blood warriors, seem like a nice hammer unit.

Thr start collecting box keeps whispering 'buy me', a second gore chariot and this unit are so tempting.

I want to know aswell. Does anyone use any kind of warriors?

huzzar indeed. 

considering this is how chaos is going forth i shall alter the thread title to represent it. 

looking forward to new magical items. and hopefully new banners.

expecting some nerfs though on some units. 

Literally had chosen today to go into my LGS and drop some wallet weight into Khrone.

Smart phone rings off and a friend links me a picture of the new book.

Wallet quickly retracts into jeans, I shall stall my thrist for a few weeks!

Wondering how good combos between demons and mortals will be. As well as if we see any points adjustments.

Further, the new AoS starter box.. does it have the characters from the first one? What will people use as their source for the Kill-Banner?

What I really hope they add in the new Battletome is summoning. For example:

You plant Portal of Skulls with the Bloodsecrator and summon a unit of Bloodletters or a BloodThirster, with no need for a Chaos Sorcerer. 

Would like some Plastic FleshHounds too...

Archived