Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you guys consider any units mandatory for KBB? I'm sick of using the Bloodsecrator, he's good but he basically just stands in place entire games xD
Also I really dislike the Wrathmonger models but everyone seem to be praising them a lot.  I've mixed in some Khorne Daemons (mainly bloodletters) for some omph and semi-cheap blobs to replace reavers because I felt reavers are way too brittle to hold ground. I've just lost so many games with Bloodbound that I'm starting to look at replacing them altogheter soon :/

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Arkiham said:

is there a consensus on whether two hand axes is better than the gorefist? been a while since i last saw it discussed

fairly certain rerolling 1 to hit is better 

I'm just putting together a unit with two hand axes so in a few weeks will let you know :D  With past games my impression is that I'll be re-rolling more dice than I get to roll for Gorefists.

Just now, RuneBrush said:

I'm just putting together a unit with two hand axes so in a few weeks will let you know :D  With past games my impression is that I'll be re-rolling more dice than I get to roll for Gorefists.

ive built 25 of mine with gorefists as they look better, but i might build this unit of 10 with two axes for variety.

i am considering kitbashing some skullcrushers with dual axes also as that'll look epic, but the ensorcelled weapons arent as good as the lances 

46 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

ive built 25 of mine with gorefists as they look better, but i might build this unit of 10 with two axes for variety.

i am considering kitbashing some skullcrushers with dual axes also as that'll look epic, but the ensorcelled weapons arent as good as the lances 

Agreed, I've got 15 with gorefists - look nicer and more variety when painting.  Was a toss up when I did the 10 with double axes, but I've probably caused 3 or 4 mortal wounds from the fists in half a dozen games so far!

That would make a really nice looking kit bash, you're right on the glaives being the better option, but probably still OK for friendlies (or rather depending on how friendly your opponent is)

Wrathmongers would work well. As would a mighty lord of khorne with additional attacks. 

47 minutes ago, Urbanus said:

Guys I have a challange for you: How do Bloodbound kill a Rogue Idol? 

I figthing one next week end the thing terrifies me! Im thinking I could lend Scarband? Or I could try and drown it in infrantry?

8 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

Wrathmongers would work well. As would a mighty lord of khorne with additional attacks. 

Ah ofcourse. Use the old "stop hitting yourself trick"! That could work. Though getting him an extra 6 damage a turn is intimidating.

I had thought of the mighty lord but two things held me back: The low number of attacks means no garantee of any wounds (could be mitigated by my two Bloodsecrators if within range). Secondly it would reeeeealy be telegrafing. I would get at most 1(!) turn of attacking before he would stomp me into the ground mening only 1/3 change to pop for 140 points.

Maybe a skullgrinder? Sure he is gonna get stomped but if he gets some hits in they would really mount up fast.

31 minutes ago, Urbanus said:

Ah ofcourse. Use the old "stop hitting yourself trick"! That could work. Though getting him an extra 6 damage a turn is intimidating.

I had thought of the mighty lord but two things held me back: The low number of attacks means no garantee of any wounds (could be mitigated by my two Bloodsecrators if within range). Secondly it would reeeeealy be telegrafing. I would get at most 1(!) turn of attacking before he would stomp me into the ground mening only 1/3 change to pop for 140 points.

Maybe a skullgrinder? Sure he is gonna get stomped but if he gets some hits in they would really mount up fast.

he halves the damage done to him, so not the best using some guy who has low attacks. 

the mighty lord is your best bet tbh. at worse, he is stomping a 140 point model instead of your army. 

I normally play stormcast but I think bloodbound will be my next painting project when I've finished my genestealer cult. I'd like to field this list based on how cool the models are but I'm a bit worried that it's quite slow and has no real ranged output. Do you think it's a good list to build towards?

1 × bloodsecrator 

1 x slaughterpriest 

1 x slaughterpriest 

1 x bloodstoker 

10 x bloodreavers

10 x bloodreavers

10 x blood reavers

10 x bloodwarriors

5 x bloodwarriors

Dark feast battalion 

Im considering swapping the 15 bloodwarriors for 30 bloodletters but then the army is no longer all mortal which I like the idea of. Let me know your thoughts!

You got a lot of Battleline,  and two priests is overkill, tbh one priest isn't too good, not until they get more prayers, hes required to be in combat to be good, but dies quick in combat.

You receive the same buff and effect for that battalion as you would with a bloodsecrator.

Have you considered Skulltake?

Bloodstoker 

Skullreapers x 2 

Khorngorath

Skulltake 

Comes to 540.

Bloodsecretor

Bloodreavers 2×20 

Comes to 900.

Then maybe a exhalted deathbringer ? Ruinous axe and skullgouger , just need to stick him in a forest or something and he deals a decent amount of mortals.

Any battalions tbh at 1k is pricey for Khorne. As that's a hero or unit. 

If you aren't adverse to the Skullcrushers they could format a good quick force,

2x3 Skullcrushers

JuggerLord comes to 480, 

20 bloodreavers, for bodies.

Take a bloodsecrator, Bloodstoker 

Takes you to, 800.

I'd slot in two gorebeast chariots, and kitbash them so you use a bloodcrusher (the Daemon Skullcrusher) mount instead of the normal gorebeast.

If you whip the gorebeasts you'll nearly always get the long charge required, doing more damage per melee weapon along due to multiple. Weapon profile and more attacks as of the gorebeast special ability.

Use the mobile units to rush forward, hopefully scaring your opponent and bog them down, cause some damage. and objective capture with the foot infantry , if/when anything managers to break through you still have full fresh troops to finish them off.

In terms of shooting. Well, khorne has no answer to that other than to rush across the field an kill them.

6 hours ago, Arkiham said:

I'd slot in two gorebeast chariots, and kitbash them so you use a bloodcrusher (the Daemon Skullcrusher) mount instead of the normal gorebeast.

Can I ask why replace the gore beast with the crusher on the chariot model? Is it a look thing or something else?

7 hours ago, Arkiham said:

You got a lot of Battleline,  and two priests is overkill, tbh one priest isn't too good, not until they get more prayers, hes required to be in combat to be good, but dies quick in combat.

You receive the same buff and effect for that battalion as you would with a bloodsecrator.

Thanks for the comments, some useful thoughts in there, particularly about speedy units. I hadn't thought about the gorebeasts. They look great in game.

I do agree that taking a battalion at 1k points is a bit risky as it's a point sink and I could instead get another unit (or almost 20 reavers). I'll chew that over. I guess that while I'm painting the army I'll use the battalion and see if I want to drop it for another unit.

I do love the reaver models and they are so cheap points wise...the good thing about the Dark Feast battalion is that it will stack with the bloodsecrator putting each reaver on a tasty 4 attacks. 

The thing I am now playing around with is dropping the bloodwarriors. I could easily drop the 10 man unit for two gorebeast chariots whigh would add a lot of mobility to the army.

I think I will stick with 2 priests because I have found them to be devestating to play against. I do not agree that they want to be I combat - in fact I want them to be sticking around 16" away from the enemy! Because their prayers only work on a 4+ I don't think one is reliable enough but when their prayers go off they can either wreck face or completely wreck my opponents tactics and allow easy charges into his isolated units.

I might try this out:

Bloodsecrator

2 X Slaughterpriests 

Bloodstoker

10 reavers

10 reavers

10 reavers

Gorebeast chariot 

Gorebeast chariot

10 bloodwarriors (or 5 blood warriors and the Dark Feast Battalion)

5 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

Yeah looks awesome,  fits in well with a khorne army 

uRMDQ4zh (1).jpg

Amazing model! 

I like the look of that, part of me likes having the battalion on that list (almost as a back up blood secrator), but I do love blood warriors. I may give it a go to.

I am going gorebeast chariots too, I have one unbuilt, and plan on a second. I am also mulling over the idea of other fast units so as to get into combat fast  (i.e. Speed is my range) e.g. StD knights or marauders on horse, valkia, etc. Or even two blood stokers for double whip fun

Im going to throw in my two cents:

I find that Skullreapers just leaves bloodwarriors in the dust. The damage and then some extra resilience all for such a low price. My opponent HATES them.

You seem pretty hooked on the slaugtherpriests. He hasnt shined for me but the acces to mortal wounds is charming.

The blodreavers are just fantastic. Consider a screening unit of Marauders for staying power.

How are people finding the bloodstoker? To me he seems expensive for what he does? Sure extra charge range is great but I need the entire army to charge or none of it!

@Carnelian Btw I cannot recomend the aspirins deathbringer enough for general. Such a cheap way to get extra attack. But if you often face decent shooting he might go down quick.

1 hour ago, Carnelian said:

10 bloodwarriors (or 5 blood warriors and the Dark Feast Battalion)

I'd be tempted to run Dark Feast as it should provide more benefit than 5 Blood Warriors.

43 minutes ago, Urbanus said:

I find that Skullreapers just leaves bloodwarriors in the dust. The damage and then some extra resilience all for such a low price. My opponent HATES them.

You seem pretty hooked on the slaugtherpriests. He hasnt shined for me but the acces to mortal wounds is charming.

The blodreavers are just fantastic. Consider a screening unit of Marauders for staying power.

I actually prefer Blood Warriors over Bloodreavers.  A save, two wounds and attacking if they die in close combat makes them a really solid choice and one my opponents generally don't like fighting against.  That said, I've not fielded Skullreapers.

The key with Slaughterpriests is that they play completely differently to anything else in a Bloodbound army.  They don't want to be in the thick of the fighting, but should be used to extend your Unpredictable Destruction roll and act as a utility to throw out mortal wounds and pull units/models away from objectives.

41 minutes ago, Urbanus said:

How are people finding the bloodstoker? To me he seems expensive for what he does? Sure extra charge range is great but I need the entire army to charge or none of it!

His ability isn't just to extend the range of run or charge - it's the re-roll Wound rolls of 1.  Throw this onto a unit throwing out a lot of attacks (e.g. Bloodreavers) and you're sure to have a mess at the other end.  That said, I rarely field the Rancor Herder in my army.

7 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I actually prefer Blood Warriors over Bloodreavers.  A save, two wounds and attacking if they die in close combat makes them a really solid choice and one my opponents generally don't like fighting against.  That said, I've not fielded Skullreapers.

Blood warriors are solid no doubt. But you do get almost twice as many wounds and four times as many models with reavers. As an added bonus you get to shrug your shoulds when your opponent kills them all in one combat because hey it only 120 points. But to each his own.

The key with Slaughterpriests is that they play completely differently to anything else in a Bloodbound army.  They don't want to be in the thick of the fighting, but should be used to extend your Unpredictable Destruction roll and act as a utility to throw out mortal wounds and pull units/models away from objectives.

Good point about the objective pulling! Hadnt thought of that.

7 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

His ability isn't just to extend the range of run or charge - it's the re-roll Wound rolls of 1.  Throw this onto a unit throwing out a lot of attacks (e.g. Bloodreavers) and you're sure to have a mess at the other end.  That said, I rarely field the Rancor Herder in my army.

Yeah I know but for 40 point extra you could just bring an extra Bloodsecrators if damage is what one is going for.

That being said if I ever bring a bloodthirster IR he is gonna be right there beside him spanking him!

Archived