Jump to content
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Arkiham

Let's chat : Khorne!

2,750 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

 

Agree on this.  Crimson Crown is super-powerful, but also kind of limited in focus - it's a bloodletter enabler.  I've been looking at Mark of the Slayer on the CLoDM as a mixed-force enabler.  In the absence of a good mixed D/M battalion, a multi-purpose buff bubble like that comes into its own.

FMB

I'm pretty sure the CLoDM can't equip Mark of the Slayer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gertat    12

Question about a list like this:

What does Bloodscorched Bulltribe cost in points?  Cant find it anywhere?

Can 3 Bullgors count as battleline in a Khorne army?

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Bloodsecrator (120)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)

Battleline
3 x Bullgors (180)
- Pairs of Axes
-  Warherd Battleline
3 x Bullgors (180)
- Pairs of Axes
-  Warherd Battleline
3 x Bullgors (180)
- Pairs of Axes
-  Warherd Battleline
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades

Behemoths
Ghorgon (200)
Ghorgon (200)
Ghorgon (200)

Battalions
Gore Pilgrims (180)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1810 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Killax    1,393
54 minutes ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

 

Agree on this.  Crimson Crown is super-powerful, but also kind of limited in focus - it's a bloodletter enabler.  I've been looking at Mark of the Slayer on the CLoDM as a mixed-force enabler.  In the absence of a good mixed D/M battalion, a multi-purpose buff bubble like that comes into its own.

FMB

Exact, though for my list it does ever so slightly more as just making Bloodletters better. Bloodthirsters with additional attacks generated themselves make a massive difference too in combat, it basically all adds up to dangerous glass cannons but that's what our opponent is largerly about.

43 minutes ago, Son Of Khârn said:

I'm pretty sure the CLoDM can't equip Mark of the Slayer.

He can though :) He has the Daemon Keyword, where our Khorne Lord on Juggernaut does not. I asked the Age of Sigmar Facebook about that, no concrete news. If it won't be updated soon I suspect the Juggernaut is now considered a Mortal steed, for whatever reason...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Killax    1,393
6 minutes ago, gertat said:

Question about a list like this:

What does Bloodscorched Bulltribe cost in points?  Cant find it anywhere?

Can 3 Bullgors count as battleline in a Khorne army?

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Bloodsecrator (120)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)

Battleline
3 x Bullgors (180)
- Pairs of Axes
-  Warherd Battleline
3 x Bullgors (180)
- Pairs of Axes
-  Warherd Battleline
3 x Bullgors (180)
- Pairs of Axes
-  Warherd Battleline
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades

Behemoths
Ghorgon (200)
Ghorgon (200)
Ghorgon (200)

Battalions
Gore Pilgrims (180)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1810 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

Sadly that Battalion isn't available for Matched play anymore, we lost some other older Battalions aswell.

Bullgors don't count as Battleline for a Khorne army, they also don't have the Khorne Keyword. This is the same for the Ghorgon.

The above army as a result cannot now be legal for Matched play, you have too many allies or need to be Chaos Allegiance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gertat    12

Didnt know we lost that battalion

Its still in Warhammer AoS app

But see what you mean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Killax    1,393
6 minutes ago, gertat said:

Didnt know we lost that battalion

Its still in Warhammer AoS app

But see what you mean

It is what it is... What's funny aswell is that GH2017 has no indication anything on our Battalions was changed, but the cost sure did ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jazman84    8

Let me just say that 3*Slaughterpriests with Gorepilgrims is life! 👌

Edited by jazman84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TGCMactar    8

question:

I asked the store manager if pure slaves to darkness can get mark of khorne and use the blades of khorne rules but he said only khorne daemons and bloodbound get the rules for it but in the battletome it says that models that have keyword khorne in the deployment phase can also use the rules.

so can you have pure slaves of darkness with mark of khorne and use the blades of khorne rules? (not formations)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fireymonkeyboy    103
20 minutes ago, TGCMactar said:

so can you have pure slaves of darkness with mark of khorne and use the blades of khorne rules? (not formations)

Yes.  The battletome is explicitly clear on this - Khorne allegiance = Khorne keyword.  Show him the section in the battletome if there's an issue.  It was also clarified in the new FAQ that Blades of Khorne = Khorne.  About the only thing that can take Khorne keyword that isn't eligible are Varanguard, as they don't get the keyword unless Archaon is in play, and after deployment.

FMB

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sabrewulf    2
6 hours ago, Killax said:

He can though :) He has the Daemon Keyword

So then, is this combo legal?

Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount

Command Trait (Khorne Daemon): Immense Power

Murderous Artifact (Mortal): Gorecleaver

Trophy of War (One Bloodbound Hero AND one Mortal Hero Per Battalion): Mark of the Destroyer

 8 attacks / 3+ / 3+ / -2 Rend / 3 Damage

Since he's mortal and daemonic, can he not choose from Daemon Command Traits and Mortal Artifact lists? There are many, many other combos, but statistically Immense Power / Gorecleaver / Mark of the Destroyer was the most broken I could make. 

RAW, as long as I grab an Aspiring Deathbringer or something outside the Bloodmarked Warband, I think that covers it. 

Sabre

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jazman84    8
1 hour ago, Sabrewulf said:

Immense Power / Gorecleaver / Mark of the Destroyer was the most broken I could make. 

Jeez. That is nasty.

However, I steer away from MotD in my local Meta because they play Ogre Kingdoms and Sepphiron and Sylvanneth and have many high armor/high wound models that may not die if I whiff some dice.

Next best choice is likely Crimson Crown (if using Bloodletters) or Mark of the Slayer I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gertat    12

Tomorrow its AoS Tuesday at Spelens hus, Malmö Sweden.

Its a casual game day ones a month.

This is what Im taking to play

 

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Skaarac the Bloodborn (500)
- General (proxy - using a Bloodthirster)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Bloodstoker (80)
Skullgrinder (80)

Battleline
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Reaver Blades
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Reaver Blades
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Reaver Blades

Units
1 x Khorgoraths (80)
1 x Khorgoraths (80)
1 x Khorgoraths (80)
1 x Khorgoraths (80)
1 x Khorgoraths (80)
1 x Khorgoraths (80)

Behemoths
Chimera (220)
- Allies
Jabberslythe (120)
- Allies

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 340 / 400

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ledha    108
5 hours ago, Sabrewulf said:

So then, is this combo legal?

Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount

Command Trait (Khorne Daemon): Immense Power

Murderous Artifact (Mortal): Gorecleaver

Trophy of War (One Bloodbound Hero AND one Mortal Hero Per Battalion): Mark of the Destroyer

 8 attacks / 3+ / 3+ / -2 Rend / 3 Damage

Since he's mortal and daemonic, can he not choose from Daemon Command Traits and Mortal Artifact lists? There are many, many other combos, but statistically Immense Power / Gorecleaver / Mark of the Destroyer was the most broken I could make. 

RAW, as long as I grab an Aspiring Deathbringer or something outside the Bloodmarked Warband, I think that covers it. 

Sabre

 

 

 

 

A trophy of war count as an item. You can't equip two item on one hero. It's either gorecleaver or mark of the destroyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Killax    1,393
6 hours ago, Sabrewulf said:

So then, is this combo legal?

Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount

Command Trait (Khorne Daemon): Immense Power

Murderous Artifact (Mortal): Gorecleaver

Trophy of War (One Bloodbound Hero AND one Mortal Hero Per Battalion): Mark of the Destroyer

 8 attacks / 3+ / 3+ / -2 Rend / 3 Damage

Since he's mortal and daemonic, can he not choose from Daemon Command Traits and Mortal Artifact lists? There are many, many other combos, but statistically Immense Power / Gorecleaver / Mark of the Destroyer was the most broken I could make. 

He can't have Mark of the Destroyer. As he isn't Bloodbound. So the combo per default isnt legal.

He can have Immense Power and Gorecleaver. Note that the Trophy of War is also an Artefact.

Edited by Killax
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BootyKnight    8

What do you guys think about the Slaughterbrute (180pts)? I think it's a really cool model but outside maybe of being a distraction carnifex type of thing it doesn't really hold up compared to what you could get for 180pts (Skullreapers/Wrathmongers). Thoughts? Or if it's already been discussed could I get a link to what page? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Killax    1,393
13 minutes ago, BootyKnight said:

What do you guys think about the Slaughterbrute (180pts)? I think it's a really cool model but outside maybe of being a distraction carnifex type of thing it doesn't really hold up compared to what you could get for 180pts (Skullreapers/Wrathmongers). Thoughts? Or if it's already been discussed could I get a link to what page? 

There are some reviews but your initial thought is pretty much the same here. At 180 points it isn't bad, you can hide some models behind it and well, it's an awesome looking Monster, that's for sure. The thing that presents itself often with Age of Sigmar though is the plentora of other good choices like it.

Delivering Skullreapers means you have some true focused rend and durability. Bubble wrapping Wrathmongers with just about any unit or bubble wrapping the Chaos Warshrine with Bloodreavers are also both very legit choices. Likewise even thaking two Khorgorath instead of one Slaughterbrute seems like a better plan, also for Blood TIthe points.

If you do want to have a potent distraction and general I can only say that so far a Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster hasn't dissapointed me. It's also a neat centerpiece, despite that I understand that it's in a total different cost range as the Slaughterbrute.

Long story short, you can thake the Slaugterbrute, though there are more choices who provide much more synergy to your army. Frankly speaking it really lacks Rend for unknown reasons. This monster went from a terror of high strength (7) in Warammer Fantasy to a very mediocre hitter in Age of Sigmar. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Praecautus    321
26 minutes ago, BootyKnight said:

What do you guys think about the Slaughterbrute (180pts)? I think it's a really cool model but outside maybe of being a distraction carnifex type of thing it doesn't really hold up compared to what you could get for 180pts (Skullreapers/Wrathmongers). Thoughts? Or if it's already been discussed could I get a link to what page? 

It was discussed earlier but don't recall the page. Briefly, It's a fun centre piece but I think the 180 points could be more efficiently spent on e.g. Wrath mongers, or put toward a blood thirster.

Sayng that I will probably get one and give it a whirl for friendly games and as a fun hobby project.

Edited by Praecautus
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Killax    1,393

I think it's an awesome model for sure.  In addition, converting it into a Chaos Warshrine by putting a seat and some riders on top probably makes for an incredible piece that actually is great with a blob of Bloodreavers :)  Just make sure that the Slaughterbrute is really different from a regular 'naked' Slaughterbrute and you should be okay.

Just imagne making a giant skullfest on top of his back with the awesome Slaughterpriest on top! Sometimes great pieces have a secret different functionality ;) 

We don't talk about it all too often but 40 Bloodreavers with a Khorne Warshrine near them is still awesome. With Killing Frenzy they will be hitting on 3+, with Favour of Khorne they'll be re-rolling that. This leads to a metric ton of Rend 1 attacks.

Edited by Killax
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BootyKnight    8
9 minutes ago, Killax said:

There are some reviews but your initial thought is pretty much the same here. At 180 points it isn't bad, you can hide some models behind it and well, it's an awesome looking Monster, that's for sure. The thing that presents itself often with Age of Sigmar though is the plentora of other good choices like it.

Delivering Skullreapers means you have some true focused rend and durability. Bubble wrapping Wrathmongers with just about any unit or bubble wrapping the Chaos Warshrine with Bloodreavers are also both very legit choices. Likewise even thaking two Khorgorath instead of one Slaughterbrute seems like a better plan, also for Blood TIthe points.

If you do want to have a potent distraction and general I can only say that so far a Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster hasn't dissapointed me. It's also a neat centerpiece, despite that I understand that it's in a total different cost range as the Slaughterbrute.

Long story short, you can thake the Slaugterbrute, though there are more choices who provide much more synergy to your army. Frankly speaking it really lacks Rend for unknown reasons. This monster went from a terror of high strength (7) in Warammer Fantasy to a very mediocre hitter in Age of Sigmar. 

 

7 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

It was discussed earlier but don't recall the page. Briefly, It's a fun centre piece but I think the 180 points could be more efficiently spent on e.g. Wrath mongers, or put toward a blood thirster.

Sayng that I will probably get one and give it a whirl for friendly games and as a fun hobby project.

Thanks! Was trying to justify purchasing it but at it's price point it's a little meh compare to what I could get instead (probably gonna grab a Warshrine instead). Although I wouldn't be surprised if I wake up one of these days and drunk me bought one lol (looking at my unopened Varanguard & Gaunt Summoner). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Killax    1,393
Just now, BootyKnight said:

Thanks! Was trying to justify purchasing it but at it's price point it's a little meh compare to what I could get instead (probably gonna grab a Warshrine instead). Although I wouldn't be surprised if I wake up one of these days and drunk me bought one lol (looking at my unopened Varanguard & Gaunt Summoner). 

c7NJRa2.gif

Convert your Warshrine from the Slaughterbrute :D 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jazman84    8

Thoughts on this 2k Army?

Allegiance: Khorne

Allegiance Abilities: Khorne

Leaders

Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount - 140

General

MoK

Gore Cleaver

The Crimson Crown

Daemon Prince - 160

MoK

Fly

Daemonic Axe

Mark of the Slayer

Bloodsecrator - 120

Bloodstoker - 80

Slaughterpriest - 100

Killing Frenzy

Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Skullhammer- 100

Killing Frenzy

Battleline

30x Bloodletters - 270

Bloodhunter

Hornblower

2x Icon Bearer

15x Chaos Warriors - 270

MoK

Aspiring Champion

Hornblower

Standard Bearer

Halberds

10x Bloodreavers - 70

Chieftain

Hornblower

Icon Bearer

Meatripper Axes

10x Bloodreavers - 70

Chieftain

Hornblower

Icon Bearer

Meatripper Axes

Behemoth

Soul Grinder - 280

MoK

Warpmetal Blade

Daemon Prince - (See Leaders)

Other

2x Korgoraths - 160

Warscroll Battalion

Gore Pilgrims - 180

 

Total - 2000/2000 Points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Killax    1,393

@jazman84 unique list but also not legal, you need Blood Warriors for Gore Pilgrims.

Honestly I do think that the Soulgrinder points are better spend on more Infantry altogether though.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TGCMactar    8

hey heres my blades of khorne list! the slaves to darkness are all mark of khorne! tell me if its legal!

2 blood thrones

blood master

chaos lord on manticore 

chaos lord on mount

Units

2 x 20 blood letters

2 x 3 blood crushers

5 chaos warriors

2 x 5 chaos knights

MURDER HOST!

2000 points!

a highly mobile list centered around the murder host formation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ledha    108
13 hours ago, Killax said:

There are some reviews but your initial thought is pretty much the same here. At 180 points it isn't bad, you can hide some models behind it and well, it's an awesome looking Monster, that's for sure. The thing that presents itself often with Age of Sigmar though is the plentora of other good choices like it.

Delivering Skullreapers means you have some true focused rend and durability. Bubble wrapping Wrathmongers with just about any unit or bubble wrapping the Chaos Warshrine with Bloodreavers are also both very legit choices. Likewise even thaking two Khorgorath instead of one Slaughterbrute seems like a better plan, also for Blood TIthe points.

If you do want to have a potent distraction and general I can only say that so far a Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster hasn't dissapointed me. It's also a neat centerpiece, despite that I understand that it's in a total different cost range as the Slaughterbrute.

Long story short, you can thake the Slaugterbrute, though there are more choices who provide much more synergy to your army. Frankly speaking it really lacks Rend for unknown reasons. This monster went from a terror of high strength (7) in Warammer Fantasy to a very mediocre hitter in Age of Sigmar. 

for a melee focused army, i'm baffled by the big lack of rend-2 of the army

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Killax    1,393
28 minutes ago, ledha said:

for a melee focused army, i'm baffled by the big lack of rend-2 of the army

Same here, the Bloodthirsters have it on standard and this is why I like them too but otherwise the only "easy way" for us to obtain it is through Gorecleaver or large monsters. The Slaughterbrute and Dragon Ogor Shaggoth in particular though feel odd without Rend -2.
Now this doesn't mean we are in need of Rend but it does mean I generally tend to focus and advice with Bloodletters in mind. They have Rend but more importantly acces to Mortal wounds and this simply said matters a lot. 

In the Khorne context it's also why I still feel GH2017 Skullreapers are tad overpriced, only by 20 points but 20 points nontheless. This most certainly doesn't mean you can't use them at their current 180 point cost but it does mean that there isn't a whole lot Bloodbound specifically has going for it since the +200 points where added to The Goretide. For sure we have Gore Pilgrims and Bloodmarked Warband to remain mono Mortal but I seriously miss the option to be a fast one drop with only Bloodbound models.

@TGCMactar List looks cool to me, something different and indeed fast. Now I do want to note that Bloodcrushers still are too expensive for my liking. If you'd change those to 20 Bloodletters you'd have 100 points left which allow you to upgrade two units to 30 Bloodletters and then the list looks way better to me.

Edited by Killax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×