Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

On 11/09/2017 at 10:36 AM, Ollie Grimwood said:

IMG_0998.PNG.3c5b3a36e0b73e61015967600bee1e05.PNGIMG_0999.PNG.92c114fc437b190fa8070c696dc477a9.PNGIMG_1001.PNG.f498538e4c8fa2a9eb1887bf0070586c.PNG

Going to be using this at a small tournament this weekend. Simple theory of Brass Stampede for added bite to the Skullcrushers. Gore Pilgrims for added Bloodscrator action and to bolster the priests which I'll be using as living Artillery most of the time (would I be right in thinking they can use their Bloodfuelled prayers and Bloodblessings in the same turn?). The Khorgoraths are separate as I'm intended on trying some Battleshock enhancing shenanigans with them. 

I'll update with how it fares 

The tournament ran this Saturday (16 th Sept). I managed two major wins (BCR and Nighthaunt) and one major loss (Stormcast). Very happy with how the list faired.  The damage it chucked out was high even in the game I lost I still had twice as many KPs as my opponent.

The Brass Stampede had a massive impact it was tough as teak and having the auto Mortal wounds meant their change was hard to resist.   I kept it together and what it hit it killed. Also because of the +3" to charge it gives when a unit is destroyed it provides some real reach (+4" on the Mighty Skullcrushers charge) add in the bloodstoker can be used when some extra poke it needed (although that does split the Stampede).  Granted you need some enemy within 12 but it's very useful and the General allows rerolls for fails. 

The Gorepilgrims worked as expected.  Quite frankly the Slaughter Priests getting to reroll Bloodboil prayers is superb. 

My biggest mistake was to be too careful with the  Bloodreavers, when I used them in 20s I'd throw them in with abandon and they were very effective. I was just to protective of the big unit and shouldn't have been as they were very resilient. Except when I fed them to a Mornghul which was just stupid and something I should have remembered was a stupid idea.  They did fair very well against a Stonehorn* though  

Keeping the Khorgoraths separate worked well.  Not because of any Battleshock inducing shenanigans but rather they are hard enough on their own and they provide great tactical flexibility beside the bigger formations. 

The army was pretty durable the most KPs I gave away in a game was 700  

* not a thundetusk

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool reflection on the list Ollie! I still would like to know what your thoughts on the double Battalion right now are. Fully understanding the added benifits for Gore Pilgrims here but less certain about the effect of Brass Stampede. As essentially the units of 3 Skullcrushers of 140 points turn into units of 200 points. They certainly become better, they certainly are great as a 140 point unit for me but I do feel that additional units might have helped you out or given more insentive to run the Bloodreavers in the melee aswell.

As before though I do think there still is a catch to Bloodreavers and that's running 1 Bloodsecrator also means that in many cases you won't get their full potential out. Which is the only downside I still see to Gore Pilgrims, as the Slaughterpriest essentially has to be near the Bloodsecrator and the Bloodsecrator essentially has to be near the Bloodreavers to optimize all the synergy. What I would like to know as such is what actually went wrong against the Stormcasts. 

Overall I completely agree with you on how I too continue to be amazed by the Khorgoraths' new cost, it's just fantastic because it's much more in line with what anyone wants to spend on support and it's support functionality is amazing. I really hope that Games Workshop will release it as a seperate model box aswell. I have three but I certainly want to experiment with more. 

Aside from AoS, Khorne will also be represented in Shadespire soon enough. Im looking forward to the game!
21558709_1454317601313732_57311738696990

2 minutes ago, Killax said:

Cool reflection on the list Ollie! I still would like to know what your thoughts on the double Battalion right now are. Fully understanding the added benifits for Gore Pilgrims here but less certain about the effect of Brass Stampede. As essentially the units of 3 Skullcrushers of 140 points turn into units of 200 points. They certainly become better, they certainly are great as a 140 point unit for me but I do feel that additional units might have helped you out or given more insentive to run the Bloodreavers in the melee aswell.

As before though I do think there still is a catch to Bloodreavers and that's running 1 Bloodsecrator also means that in many cases you won't get their full potential out. Which is the only downside I still see to Gore Pilgrims, as the Slaughterpriest essentially has to be near the Bloodsecrator and the Bloodsecrator essentially has to be near the Bloodreavers to optimize all the synergy. What I would like to know as such is what actually went wrong against the Stormcasts. 

Overall I completely agree with you on how I too continue to be amazed by the Khorgoraths' new cost, it's just fantastic because it's much more in line with what anyone wants to spend on support and it's support functionality is amazing. I really hope that Games Workshop will release it as a seperate model box aswell. I have three but I certainly want to experiment with more. 

Aside from AoS, Khorne will also be represented in Shadespire soon enough. Im looking forward to the game!
21558709_1454317601313732_57311738696990

The 200 points per unit of Skullcrusher depends on how you price an extra artifact and reduced no. of drops! "Minimum" Brass Stampede for me is 3 units of Skullcrushers (6, 3 and 3) and a Juggie Lord. Just for fun, I'd say an artifact would be reasonably priced at 40 points, reduced no. of drops is ofc situational but why not price it at 20, that leaves 120 points - adding another 24 to all units of 3 Skullcrushers and the Lord. I think that is quite reasonable!

28 minutes ago, misthv said:

The 200 points per unit of Skullcrusher depends on how you price an extra artifact and reduced no. of drops! "Minimum" Brass Stampede for me is 3 units of Skullcrushers (6, 3 and 3) and a Juggie Lord. Just for fun, I'd say an artifact would be reasonably priced at 40 points, reduced no. of drops is ofc situational but why not price it at 20, that leaves 120 points - adding another 24 to all units of 3 Skullcrushers and the Lord. I think that is quite reasonable!

Certainly true that we have to factor some aspects of Artefacts in but in the above example the functionality of those Artefacts is not optimized in my opinion. With all respect to any list who wants to run multiple Artefacts. For in this example a Bloodstoker with Mark of the Destroyer is fun, not bad but also most certainly not a piece where you will maximize the effect of that Artefact on. Likewise re-rolling 1's for armour saves on the Bloodsecrator only is effective if there is an armour save at all. For example I believe that if you want to better protect your Bloodsecrator there is very little in Blades of Khorne that does it better as the Brazen Rune. Not so much for the auto-dispell but the simple 2++ versus Magical attacks.

What I certainly agree with is that the cost of Brass Stampede is excellent but in the context of optimizing it's effects as much as possible, moreso as say with Murderhost for example. Hope that idea comes through without disrespecting the above set up. What I want to know and come to find out is how much X or Y makes a difference. A question I feel is more important for competative tournament play. 

@Killax you make a fair point and it's one that swings both ways. For me it came down to the ability to take out an opponents tank units with the very reliable  mortal wound output they provide.  The last tournament I went to I couldn't kill one Mourngul (without the battalions and a different build) this time I faced two in one list and killed them both.  There is a lot of stuff out there that is very difficult to deal with without rend -2 or mortal wounds and that's what the formations provide. 

The Brass Stampede makes the Skullcrushers very reliable and I felt that I wouldn't be able to replicate that with an extra unit. I'd also say the formation as I fielded it is better than the Daemon version.  I does also put out quite a lot of reasonable attacks as well as the charge bonus which is very useful. Though I didn't use it against a Horde tarpit as that's not what Cavalry is for.  

Rerolling the prayers is well worth the lack of flexibility in the Bloodreavers I don't think loosing the totem bonus attack affected anything.  When I used them against appropriate target even with two attacks they did well (Stonehorn).  Previously I have lost 40 in a Dark feast  (and 10 Bloodwarriors) with full 'Secrator bonus to a Mourngul without causing it any lasting damage.  This time the Slaughterpriests softened them up nicely for Khorgoraths and the Skullcrushers. 

I have no idea if either is as efficient as the Murderhost but I'm never painting all those Bloodletters so I'm not going to be much help on that. 

I was happy the Battalions provided good value, though I don't think they are a definitive must haves but they did provide me answers to problems I've had with my Bloodbound. 

Edit: You're absolutely spot on about the two artifacts, I didn't not choose wisely

I have a question in regards to the recent Errata of the Blood Tithe rules:

"Page 79 – Battle Traits, Blood for the Blood God! Change the first sentence of the last paragraph to: ‘Unless stated otherwise in the rule for a reward, Blood Tithe points can be expended at the start of either player’s hero phase, but only once per phase.’"

Could anyone list which of the eight abilities that are restricted to start of the heroe phase. As I read it, it is only no. 2 "Spelleater Curse" that is not restricted to the start of the hero phase. 

The Errata is a rather big nerf to the Blood Tithe as we no longer are able to buff our units if we want to use it in our own hero phase, i.e. no extra movement from the stokers whip/WoK Thirster or extra attack from the Secrators Portal of Skulls etc. Or do i read this in the wrong way?

Its how I read it aswell, though on paper the nerf seems bigger as in practice to me as I tend to spread risks ideally and while lacking Bloodsecrator attacks is most certainly not cool I use the other buffs less on the units I buff through BT. At the same time this is also another reason to run at least one unit of Wrathmongers.

But yes its a certain nerf, in general it seems the errata wanted to tone down some super powerful Battle Traits in general.

15 hours ago, Keldaur said:

It goes both ways. You can use it before the opponent can reapply his buffs for example. So in that regard it is only fair in my opinion.

Well yeah but that was always an option. Going from at any point in the Hero phase to at the start of the Hero phase is however done for clearity and not to end up with a sub-game where opponents who want to do things will have to figure out how it all resolves.

But as above in practice the difference isn't that big. For example the buffs granted by certain Command Abilities can still be effective even if it's just partially for the rest of the turn and regular Combat phase. The biggest loss indeed is that the Portal of Skulls in many cases won't be open before the Blood Tithe is in effect. However moving, charging (3) or attacking for free (5) in the Hero phase is allready great. 

In context with the great buffs we recieved in terms of cost reduction I'm really not upset by the change. All Bloodthirsters have become competative choices, Bloodletters have been made cheaper in their best form, Bloodreaver blocks are back to their old cost and great deals are found on Skullcrushers and Khorgoraths. With that the whole segment of 'Heroes', 'backbone units' and 'support' has been priced so well I don't mind this small Battle Trait nerf. We run more big blocks then ever and those hit much harder with the Blood Tithe effects and due to small support units obtaining Blood Tithe points doesn't have to be difficult. Losing a Khorgorath never has been so great ;) 

Due to the increase/decrease in points that comes with GH2017 my original list (see below) is unfortunately no longer viable as it is 40 points over the cap. Thus I am presented with a few interesting options. I am aiming to replace either only the Skullreapers or both the Skullreapers and the Lord of Khorne on Juggernaugt. Furthermore I am looking to incorporate the Crimson Crown into the army for as it now synergizes a lot with the “+1 to hit”-buffs that my two Slaughterpriests provide. The original list is as follows:

Unit                                                                                            Points
Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster                                        360
General             
Unrivalled Battlelust (+1 DMG)                         
Deathdealer (+1 DMG)

Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut                                          140
Gorecleaver (-1 Rend etc)  

Bloodletters 30 x 1                                                                  300
Bloodreavers 10 x 2                                                                140
Blood warriors 10 x 2                                                             400
Bloodsecrator                                                                             120
Bloodsstoker                                                                                80
Slaughterpriest (Killing Frenzy)                                        100
Slaughterpriest (Killing Frenzy)                                       100
Skullreapers    1 x 5                                                                  140
Gore Pilgrims                                                                               80                                           
Total:                                                                                                1960

The increase/reduction in points for the Gore Pillgrims, Skullreapers, WoK BT and Bloodletters net me another 80 points (=100 + 40 – 30 – 30), putting me 40 over. The three choices I have been looking at are:

·         Switch the LoK on Jugernaut for a Skullmaster and give him the Crimson Crown for some extra attacks. This puts me at exactly 2 000 points, but hands the Crown to a rather vulnerable character who can be sniped quite easily. My general could then keep his D3+2 damage attacks as well as getting the potential extra ones.

·         Switch the Skullreapers for Skullcrushers and enjoy their new low cost! This would mean that my WoK BT would carry the Crown, but to a lesser effect as he now only does D3+1 damage and has an even larger bulls eye (no pun intended) on his forehead. This also nets me at exactly 2 000 points.

·         Switch the Skullreapers and the LoK on Juggernaut for another unit of 30 Bloodletters and give the Crown to the WoK BT. This might seem like the natural choice as it puts more bodies and wounds on the table as well as giving me another rampaging unit of Bloodletters. But is as fun as the next one?

·         Go completely ham and switch the Skullreapers and the LoK on Juggernaut for a BT of Insinite rage and give him the Crimson Crown. This splits the bulles eye to two targets. Furthermore it is giving me wet dreams about using Killing Frenzy from both priests on the BT of IR on turn one, double whipping him for 10” + 4” + D6 run and charge whilst letting him generate extra attacks on a 4+ with -2 Rend, D6 damage and causing 3 mortal wounds to everything within 8” on a 6 on the wound roll. A Portal of Skulls gives him 5 attacks. At the same time he is hitting and wounding on a 2+, rerolling 1s for both hit and wound roll on the charge. This would net him approximately 7 to-wound rolls. The mere possibility of rolling boxcars and killing every 6 wound hero within 8” is making me drool...

What say you? :)

Skullreapers are definitely still worth it IMHO. I've taken them in almost every game, and they've MVP'd every time. Not to downplay Bloodletters, which are excellent, but when the Reapers really get going (rerolling hits and wounds) they just chew through everything. The two units are at a different price point and footprint, and Reapers can be easily buffed up to 6 attacks each, whereas Bloodletters stay at 2.

Yeah it really depends per army, sometimes you have 180 left and you chuck them in or Wrathmongers, typically I have liked Wrathmongers in my lists more but I run heavy on Bloodletters anyway. The list tells what you need. In general they can function at their cost but there are many great alternatives. This doesnt make them bad. To me Bloodcrushers are bad, because their in game functionality is so similar as Skullcrushers and Skullcrushers have an extra save, attack and are cheaper now. Sure Morale 10 and adding is technically fun but Skullreapers bypass the whole Morale test to begin with with pure efficiency.

3 hours ago, Roark said:

Skullreapers are definitely still worth it IMHO. I've taken them in almost every game, and they've MVP'd every time. Not to downplay Bloodletters, which are excellent, but when the Reapers really get going (rerolling hits and wounds) they just chew through everything. The two units are at a different price point and footprint, and Reapers can be easily buffed up to 6 attacks each, whereas Bloodletters stay at 2.

How do you easily get them to 6 attacks?

I have two questions: On the Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage(BOIR) +1's to hit allow him to trigger his aoe mortal wound ability on lower dice rolls correct? Because a roll of 6 is inter-changable with a roll of 6 or more according to the FAQ. Additionally, Killing frenzy still stacks correct? So that would mean 2x Slaughter priest using killing frenzy on BOIR would cause him to aoe mortal on 4+ if they both went off?

In addition I was looking into going up to CarnageCon this year and was thinking of this as my 1k list. Let me know what you guys think! Not sure what to do with the last 40 points.

Allegiance: Khorne
Leaders
Bloodsecrator (120)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing : Killing Frenzy
Units
30 x Bloodletters (270)
- Gore Drenched Icon
30 x Bloodletters (270)
- Gore Drenched Icon
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
-Goreaxes
- 1 x Goreglaives
Total: 960/1000 Points
Leaders: 2/4 Battlelines: 3 (2+) Behemoths: 0/2 Artillery: 0/2

5 minutes ago, Darksteve said:

I have two questions: On the Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage(BOIR) +1's to hit allow him to trigger his aoe mortal wound ability on lower dice rolls correct? Because a roll of 6 is inter-changable with a roll of 6 or more according to the FAQ. Additionally, Killing frenzy still stacks correct? So that would mean 2x Slaughter priest using killing frenzy on BOIR would cause him to aoe mortal on 4+ if they both went off?

In addition I was looking into going up to CarnageCon this year and was thinking of this as my 1k list. Let me know what you guys think! Not sure what to do with the last 40 points.

Leaders
Bloodsecrator (120)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Units
30 x Bloodletters (270)
- Gore Drenched Icon
30 x Bloodletters (270)
- Gore Drenched Icon
-Goreaxes
- 1 x Goreglaives

The Outrageous Carnage ability of the BToIR triggers on a wound roll of 6+. Killing Frenzy gives +1 to hit (not wound) so this would not change when the ability triggers. If something were to give +1 to wound then this would cause the ability to trigger on a 5+. 

I think the list looks good! 

19 minutes ago, Easytyger said:

The Outrageous Carnage ability of the BToIR triggers on a wound roll of 6+. Killing Frenzy gives +1 to hit (not wound) so this would not change when the ability triggers. If something were to give +1 to wound then this would cause the ability to trigger on a 5+. 

I think the list looks good! 

Thanks! Any idea what I should take for General ability/Artefact?

Must be honest and say that the change to Blood Tithe to use it only at the beginning of the hero phase is a bit of a bummer.  I liked the flexibility to be able to react to my opponent and interrupt them.  They've just cast a spell, I rocket off a meteor or heal before he can do the next thing.  Being constrained to the start just limits how versatile Blood Tithe is - and it's situational at best already.

12 hours ago, Pompe said:

Not sure if the Skullreapers are worth it any more...

I'd say they are worth it if you're running a majority mortal army.  They're expensive which means you need to try and protect them a little bit, but even with just +1 attacks they're pretty effective against a wide range of things.

7 hours ago, Easytyger said:

How do you easily get them to 6 attacks?

Bloodsecrator, Aspiring Deathbringer general, Bloodmarked Warband. Or instead of the battalion, I might farm Blood Tithe with a combat hero who has the Blade of Endless Bloodshed, and include a second Aspiring Deathbringer.

It's possible to get them up to 7 attacks each, technically.

2 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Must be honest and say that the change to Blood Tithe to use it only at the beginning of the hero phase is a bit of a bummer.  I liked the flexibility to be able to react to my opponent and interrupt them.  They've just cast a spell, I rocket off a meteor or heal before he can do the next thing.  Being constrained to the start just limits how versatile Blood Tithe is - and it's situational at best already.

I think it's more of a bummer in your own turn as it happens before you can get your buffs up.  I think being able to do stuff in your opponents Heros phase is still great and it's only a minor minus having to do it at the start of their phase. 

19 hours ago, Pompe said:

The increase/reduction in points for the Gore Pillgrims, Skullreapers, WoK BT and Bloodletters net me another 80 points (=100 + 40 – 30 – 30), putting me 40 over. The three choices I have been looking at are:

·         Switch the LoK on Jugernaut for a Skullmaster and give him the Crimson Crown for some extra attacks. This puts me at exactly 2 000 points, but hands the Crown to a rather vulnerable character who can be sniped quite easily. My general could then keep his D3+2 damage attacks as well as getting the potential extra ones.

·         Switch the Skullreapers for Skullcrushers and enjoy their new low cost! This would mean that my WoK BT would carry the Crown, but to a lesser effect as he now only does D3+1 damage and has an even larger bulls eye (no pun intended) on his forehead. This also nets me at exactly 2 000 points.

·         Switch the Skullreapers and the LoK on Juggernaut for another unit of 30 Bloodletters and give the Crown to the WoK BT. This might seem like the natural choice as it puts more bodies and wounds on the table as well as giving me another rampaging unit of Bloodletters. But is as fun as the next one?

·         Go completely ham and switch the Skullreapers and the LoK on Juggernaut for a BT of Insinite rage and give him the Crimson Crown. This splits the bulles eye to two targets. Furthermore it is giving me wet dreams about using Killing Frenzy from both priests on the BT of IR on turn one, double whipping him for 10” + 4” + D6 run and charge whilst letting him generate extra attacks on a 4+ with -2 Rend, D6 damage and causing 3 mortal wounds to everything within 8” on a 6 on the wound roll. A Portal of Skulls gives him 5 attacks. At the same time he is hitting and wounding on a 2+, rerolling 1s for both hit and wound roll on the charge. This would net him approximately 7 to-wound rolls. The mere possibility of rolling boxcars and killing every 6 wound hero within 8” is making me drool...

What say you? :)

I would really make use of the discounts. I believe that if you'd go for 40 Bloodreavers and 10 Blood Warriors the list would fit again? At the same time though I think you will be happier with a third Slaughterpriest in there to make complete use of Gore Pilgrim's effect. Especially because your not running that much Bloodletters anyway to ensure a continious bonus from the Bloodthirster throughout a game.

- The Crimson Crown is indeed arguably the best Artefact, keep in mind, and it's something Im considering aswell, that it doesn't fit wrong on a Bloodthirster either. Heralds of Khorne typically arn't great. The only reason I have one and run one from time to time is Murderhost.
- Switching Skullreapers for Skullcrushers is an excellent plan too. Alternatively, if you only need to shave 20 points 2 Khorgorath's are a great alternative also because they make great objective holders and support.
- I personally like Bloodletters a lot, because of that Bloodthirsters become good, so the more you are set on running a Bloodthirster the more I would be set on running multiple blocks of Bloodletters.

Basically for me the choice in regards to Bloodbound vs Khorne Daemons comes down to which General you want to have. So far it has applied to all my armies.
- The pro of the Bloodthirster is that its an awesome model and Monster General which can get in there and add to the beatdown from turn 1, the con is the cost. 
- The pro of the Bloodbound general is that they are very cheap and with the right artefact easily surpass their own cost but their con is that they are better used as support pieces, only to interact from turn 2 and on. They are also not difficult to kill.

So between those two choices in my opinion lies your awnser. Go Bloodthirster and heavy on Bloodletters or go Bloodbound and heavy on Mortals. 

8 hours ago, Darksteve said:

Leaders
Bloodsecrator (120)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Units
30 x Bloodletters (270)
- Gore Drenched Icon
30 x Bloodletters (270)
- Gore Drenched Icon
-Goreaxes
- 1 x Goreglaives

Yeah if you can add to hit, it becomes better, same with wound offcourse. However to give some reflection on the list!

- Love the 3 backbone blocks, will make for a very hard hitting force.
- Dislike the 40 points left, especially on this level.
- Would suggest dropping the Slaughterpriest for Throne of Blood or Exalted Deathbringer in this set up. Sounds a little weird but the Bloodletters or Mortals will like the bonus, The Crimson Crown is worth the bonus and the model itself can also ensure the Bloodsecrator isn't sniped out easily. The Aspiring Champion route leaves you 60 points left which can be used to have 10 Marauders with Shields and Mark of Khorne, ideal to have for Bloodsecrator protection and objectives.

Typically I like Slaughterpriests with Gore Pilgrims, without it they are a way too dicey investment for me. Those 100 points can give you a lot of things that are much harder to destroy and typically also better. At 1000 points you can't really run Gore Pilgrims so pick the models that are very good just by themselves instead. 

5 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

I'd say they are worth it if you're running a majority mortal army.  They're expensive which means you need to try and protect them a little bit, but even with just +1 attacks they're pretty effective against a wide range of things.

It is. At the same time a lot of Blood Tithe effects arn't worth the effort too much anyway.
- Brass Skull is something I never use. Frenzy for me has always been better, way more damage potential, way more working towards a win.
- Crimson Rain is something I rarely used. This might change with Khorgoraths now but still I only use 2 to 3 and saving to Frenzy again is way better.

Furthermore I agree with you on Skullreapers. As before they arn't my first pick, however it matters so much when you consider going heavier on Bloodbound. As before, a Aspiring Deathbringer or Exalted Deathrbinger near them allow for an elite pocket of hurt that do not thake a massive space, this is worth something.
The prime reason as to why I personally prefer Wrathmongers in most cases however comes from their build in support. They essentially act as a Skullreaper unit minus the mortal wounds but adding the counter to Monsters and yes Monsters should be more common in any meta now.

2 hours ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

I think it's more of a bummer in your own turn as it happens before you can get your buffs up.  I think being able to do stuff in your opponents Heros phase is still great and it's only a minor minus having to do it at the start of their phase. 

Can only completely agree. As before I also see Blood Tithe as a nice bonus but to me it never really was amongst the best Battle Traits anyway. Logical also because typical Khorne armies don't really need it to win, it's a nice win-more/lose-more in all cases. To me the following Blood Tithe effects have always been good and in practice the small change is just what it is. Turn 1 will not see much use for Blood Tithe effects anyway unless your opponent suddenly hunted down non-key Heroes which actually works in our favour anyway... The Blood Tithe effects I continue to like are:

1. Bloody Exemplar, if little died and we have exactly 1 Blood Tithe point we might aswell use it (note in context with WoK BT, MLoK,  KLoJ or AD)
2. Spell Eater Curse is ideal if it needs to be used and that really depends on other defences anyway. As before I feel we have a good Magical defence build in, probably better as we 'deserve' (40K Khorne doesn't have this at all) and then if your still worried about protecting key pieces from Magic I feel nothing does that better as The Brazen Rune. (Not for dispell, for 2++)
3. and 5. Murderlust and Apoplectic Frenzy are the ones I use the most and feel like they are worth saving up to. They basically reset your points if things are still "interesting" for either extreme means your way ahead or losing. 

Then we have Crimson Rain, Brass Skull Meteor, Relentless Fury and Blood Pact left but to me these are all just examples of icing on the cake. There are lists who can make some use of Crimson Rain but spending 4 specifically means that somehow you don't want to Murderlust or continue into Apoplectic Frenzy in your opponents Hero Phase which as @Ollie Grimwood mentions in practice is just unlikely or even not wise at all. 

What it boils down to for me is that 1 and 2 are really not affected by the change and 3 and 5 not really either because ideally they are used in the opponents Hero phase to offset their turn advantages. 

Archived