Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

I suppose one could take all the traits /artifacts/prayers that generate blood tithe to try and get it early. For a narrative/open game it could be the objective of the scenario to summon the Bloodthirster. In all likelyhood it's probably meant for Non Matched play games there's plenty of other very useful stuff on the list. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, SleepyDave said:

So, concerning Blood Tithe points, does anyone have any experience where saving up 8 came in handy? It just seems to me that the highest tier reward for our allegiance ability should be for something with a little more utility. I mean, aren't most games pretty close to decided by 8 BT points? Wouldn't it be better to field those reserve points well before you get to 8 BT points?

There really is no use for saving up that many as in order to make something for the 8 you need reserve points. Something Khorne litterly has no use for.

I dont mind it really, keep in mind this game is created for Narrative gaming also. All 1 to 7 other Blood Tithe bonusses are useful. What could be cool is that GW could change the 8 to Skarbrand being slammed down by Khorne himself directly onto the Battlefield. Fits what you want to do with it and would have a nice narrative undertone aswell.

Thought of tonight, another reason to have a Crimson Crown :)

Q: How do abilities which trigger on ‘a roll of 6’ interact with modifiers? For example, if an ability states that it has an effect on ‘a wound roll of 6’ and the model has a modifier which adds 1 to their wound rolls, would a roll of 6 trigger that ability?
A: Yes. In the Warhammer Age of Sigmar rules, ‘a roll of 6’ is treated as being synonymous with ‘a roll of 6 or more’.
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Errata/warhammer_aos_rules_en.pdf

Cheers!

Could anyone take a look at my brass stampede list?

Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut (140)
- Trait: Disciple of Khorne
- Artefact: Gorecleaver
- Artefact: The Blade of Endless Bloodshed

x7 (3) Mighty Skullcrushers (980)
- Bloodglaives

Brass Stampede (180)

x4 (5) Chaos Marauder Horsemen (360)
- Javelin & Shield
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne

Total: 1800/2000

I'm not sure what to do with the last 200 points. I was thinking Karanak and some Fleshhounds for some dispels, would give me another hero in my list also. Then I realised I could ally in a CYGOR, who does the same thing but can also throw giant rocks at people too. Anyone have any good ideas or recommendations?

5 hours ago, Towenaar said:

Could anyone take a look at my brass stampede list?

- Trait: Disciple of Khorne
- Artefact: Gorecleaver
- Artefact: The Blade of Endless Bloodshed

x7 (3) Mighty Skullcrushers (980)
- Bloodglaives

Brass Stampede (180)

x4 (5) Chaos Marauder Horsemen (360)
- Javelin & Shield
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne

Total: 1800/2000

I'm not sure what to do with the last 200 points. I was thinking Karanak and some Fleshhounds for some dispels, would give me another hero in my list also. Then I realised I could ally in a CYGOR, who does the same thing but can also throw giant rocks at people too. Anyone have any good ideas or recommendations?

Well a Bloodsecrator and Bloodstoker wouldnt be a bad idea at 200 points. Other than that it should work out fine!

Now all jokes aside, I still love the look of these models but considering the armoured look they went for with Order, Death and Destruction I do wonder if we're also going to see some Blood Warriors appear for this game. In my opinion that would even make more sence but then again the visual diference now is bigger and to makes the game more interesting.

In addition the art that was also spoiled with the painted models does infact also contain a Blood Warrior, Fysreslayer Berzerkers and Skaven which means we have a lot to look forward to in my opinion. 
Shadespire-Factions-Image1jrcn.jpg

In any case I am seriously looking forward to Shadespire aswell because I like detailed and deep skirmish games like it. So far still havn't found my spot on what to think about regular AoS Skirmish but the Shadespire game itself certainly seems deep and fun enough to really dive into. In addition with the ability deck of cards it also adds another tactical demension which should be really cool for anyone liking that competative/tactical side of games. #freethefeet

Cheers,

19 minutes ago, Killax said:

Now all jokes aside, I still love the look of these models but considering the armoured look they went for with Order, Death and Destruction I do wonder if we're also going to see some Blood Warriors appear for this game. In my opinion that would even make more sence but then again the visual diference now is bigger and to makes the game more interesting

I would have liked a more armoured look for the Khorne models. I'm not the biggest fan of Bloodreavers  anyway or melee units that run around half naked for that matter.

That said, it seem unlikely that we'll see Chaos Warriors or the likes anytime soon.

I guess I'll roll with the skellies on release.

Anyone nice enough to build a 1000 points with the following models ?  I am new and i just want something somewhat functional to start on with its artefacts, and from there i will start playtesting stuff.

• Mighty lord of khorne
  • Bloodsecrator
  • Bloodstoker
  • Slaughterpriest (hackblade)
  • Exalted bloodbringer (spear)
  • 18 Bloodwarriors
  • 5 Skullreapers
  • 20 Bloodreavers
  • 3 Mighty skullcrushers
  • 1 Khorgorath

I have thought of this, but i am sure i am missing something:

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Bloodsecrator (120)
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (140)
- General
- Trait: Unrivalled Battelust 
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune 

Battleline
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxes
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Meatripper Axes
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers (140)
- Bloodglaives
- Khorne Bloodbound Battleline (Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut General)

Units
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
1 x Khorgoraths (80)

Total: 1000/1000

I went this way because i thought model count was more important that investing more points on characters for synergies, specially being a new player.

Great 1k list man! You arnt missing anything for that level. Things to consider if you expand to 2k would be:

- additional Slaughterpriests

- Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut

- Bloodthirster

- additional Bloodreavers

- two more Blood Warriors

- Bloodletters

Basically you started out great so have some mighty fun!

So still very hyped about finally running a Bloodthirster as my General. Had done so in the past with Murderhost but always felt the WoK Bloodthirster felt a little too costly. Not by much but somehow exactly as much as they have given him a discount in GH2017. Like many of us I like Gore Pilgrims aswell but still play the Bloodsecrator's Portal of Skulls like an ability that has to be announced every Hero phase. Perhaps this isn't the intention... I still feel it is. In any case though these three are the lists I'm working towards:

Murderhost

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster (General) 330
- Immense Power
- Harvester of Skulls
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne 80
- The Crimson Crown
Bloodsecrator 120
Bloodstoker 80

30 Bloodletters 270
- Gore-drenched Icon
- Bloodsoaked Banner
30 Bloodletters 270
- Gore-drenched Icon
- Bloodsoaked Banner
30 Bloodletters 270
- Gore-drenched Icon
- Bloodsoaked Banner
10 Blood Warriors 200
- Goreaxes
- Goreglaive
5 Wrathmongers 180
Khorgorath 80

Murderhost 120

Total: 2000

The advantage of the list really is the pure ammount of threats that you present to your opponent. The downside remains that it's lower on ranged attacks but one of the reasons as to why Murderhost army lists generally can handle those situations better is because of the speed boost that is granted. Some might feel that 120 points for "just an additional 2d6 of movement" is a lot. I personally think it's still fully worth it especially now The Crimson Crown is clearly updated and incredibly potent. It's lower on the Hero count but unlike some builds also not ****** dependant on the Heroes to show it's sheer force of power. 
One of the reasons as to why I picked the Khorgorath over say Skarr is purely for Objective reasons. This list must play very aggressive, has the numbers to do it but will also need something to be kept back and the Khorgorath isn't too costly or weak for this job. A simple Hero killer isn't too likely to remove a Khorgorath.  As always though there are cooler alternatives, even for this list, if one wishes to include more Bloodletters ;) .

Gore Pilgrims

Mighty Lord of Khorne (General) 140
- Disciple of Khorne
- Mark of the Destroyer
Bloodsecrator 120
- The Brazen Rune
Slaughterpriest 100
- Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest 100
- Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest 100
- Bronzed Flesh
Bloodstoker 80

10 Blood Warriors 200
- Goreaxes
- Goreglaive
10 Blood Warriors 200
- Goreaxes
- Goreglaive
40 Bloodreavers 240
- Meatripper Axe
30 Bloodletters 270
- Gore-drenched Icon
- Bloodsoaked Banner
30 Bloodletters 270
- Gore-drenched Icon
- Bloodsoaked Banner

Gore Pilgrims 180

Total: 2000

As many know a massive ammount of bodies can always contribute to the win. Which is most certainly also true for Gore Pilgrims. While one could certainly try and include a Bloodthirster on top of it all the mandatory inclusion of a unit of Blood Warriors and Bloodreavers always made me favour the Mighty Lord of Khorne. In addition the way he's kitted out he counts as another guy that's certainly worth it's weight in melee combat.
The only downside to such a list for me at this moment is the model count included for such a force, however one day I'm sure I'll be able to fill it in. It's a cool army for sure in my opinion and as before if opponents ignore the Slaughterpriests for whatever reason they become real hellraisers. Another route one could consider for such a list would be one which includes another Bloodsecrator as the Bloodreavers can be excellent but not so much if they are not within 12" of a Chaos Totem (Bloodsecrator). 

Lastly another type of list I am sketching up from time to time would be Bloodforged. However one of the reasons as to why I can't see it working out just well enough just yet is the 30 Blood Warriors at 520 still being a massive investment. The effect is most certainly cool however I feel that with the above two examples it's easier to make use of some of the fantastic unit deals we got on Bloodletters.

Cheers,

3 hours ago, Keldaur said:

Anyone nice enough to build a 1000 points with the following models ?  I am new and i just want something somewhat functional to start on with its artefacts, and from there i will start playtesting stuff.

• Mighty lord of khorne
  • Bloodsecrator
  • Bloodstoker
  • Slaughterpriest (hackblade)
  • Exalted bloodbringer (spear)
  • 18 Bloodwarriors
  • 5 Skullreapers
  • 20 Bloodreavers
  • 3 Mighty skullcrushers
  • 1 Khorgorath

I have thought of this, but i am sure i am missing something:

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Bloodsecrator (120)
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (140)
- General
- Trait: Unrivalled Battelust 
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune 

Battleline
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxes
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Meatripper Axes
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers (140)
- Bloodglaives
- Khorne Bloodbound Battleline (Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut General)

Units
5 x Skullreapers (180)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
1 x Khorgoraths (80)

Total: 1000/1000

I went this way because i thought model count was more important that investing more points on characters for synergies, specially being a new player.

I like it. Khorgoraths are great value at 80

I must love red, but fancy making a 2k khorne daemon list to go along side my 2k mortal army.

this is the black ravens host (the daemon prince in the list)

The ravens champion: Wrath of khorne blood thirster, general, 330

Lord black raven, daemon prince, 160

The ravens beak, herald, 80

The ravenguard 

Bloodletters 30, 270

Bloodlettets30, 270

The pack

fleshhouds 5, 100

fleshhounfs 5, 100

fleshhounds 5, 100

fleshhoundd 5, 100

Thetalons

skull cannon, 160

skull cannon, 160

murderhost, 120, bonus move every round as 8 units

total of 1950 if I added it right

Obviously misses some key mortals, but I can always make a mixed list from the two armies, Any thoughts besides don't tell the wife ?

11 hours ago, Praecautus said:

I must love red, but fancy making a 2k khorne daemon list to go along side my 2k mortal army.
this is the black ravens host (the daemon prince in the list)

The ravens champion: Wrath of khorne blood thirster, general, 330
Lord black raven, daemon prince, 160
The ravens beak, herald, 80

The ravenguard 

Bloodletters 30, 270
Bloodlettets30, 270

The pack

fleshhouds 5, 100
fleshhounfs 5, 100
fleshhounds 5, 100
fleshhoundd 5, 100

Thetalons

skull cannon, 160
skull cannon, 160

murderhost, 120, bonus move every round as 8 units
total of 1950 if I added it right

Obviously misses some key mortals, but I can always make a mixed list from the two armies, Any thoughts besides don't tell the wife ?

Being a huge fan of Murderhost in general I can only chime in onto a couple of things:
- Any Khorne army should at least include one Bloodsecrator. 
- Bloodstoker + Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster creates a Sayl-like movement bonus for Bloodletter bombs and I think that any Murderhost army should really have a great reason to not include it for that simple set up. It's great and makes the Bloodletters incredible.
- Fleshhounds are okay but if you have the option to run more Bloodletters instead I would certainly do it. The bonusses Bloodletters obtain here are insane, make use of it :) 
- Skullcannons are super dicey, their cost is okay but still think it's a lot.

Another note on Murderhost (and why Im not sold on going max with it for creating an army that hands in on buffs) is that the effect only applies for units within 8" of the Bloodletter Hero. This gives it two weaknesses:
1. If the Herald is taken out, there is no movement bonus.
2. Due to everything moving 2D6" it's close to impossible (and not wise) to keep everything 8" near your Bloodletter Hero. 

So certainly feel free to use Murderhost! Just consider that the main strenght from it are Bloodletters who are now cheaper and allready where great recieved a significant cost decrease which can "pay" for this Battalion provided you use enough of them. By comparison 30 Bloodletters "beat" 15 Fleshhounds while being cheaper aswell. 

5 hours ago, Roark said:

Anyone using Gore Pilgrims at 1500pts? The army feels a bit "skinny" to me with the battalion at that level. I dunno...

Yeah wouldn't do it.
I feel like the Battalion costs in general for me stop at the 10% level. Meaning that if we're playing 2000 points I'm open for Battalion inclusions up to 200 points, but certainly not more. So for 1500 I wouldn't likely run any Battalion. Murderhost has the advantage of not being that expensive in relation to the others but still is very expensive.
In general the rule of tumb from GH2016 still applies for me, see how many units profit from this Battalion, spread that Battalion cost onto those units and see if you'd still like it at that cost. What this leads to is:

- Gore Pilgrims, 180 points, does nothing for your 'real backbone' but makes Slaughterpriests a whole lot better. Better put I would level a Gore Pilrgim Slaughterpriest's cost around the 120-140 point mark. Now if you thake 3 you'd basically "shave" 60-120 points of that Battalion. Then there is the nice added benifit of getting another Artefact (altough this is a bit lost on Gore Pilgrims anyway because there arn't really good Artefacts for Bloodsecrators or Slaughterpriets) which contributes another 50 for me and a decent Bloodsecrator bonus. 
Long story short, for 2000 points, thanks to other unit discounts (Bloodreavers and Bloodletters) you will find the room for the expenses. At anything lower than that it's very difficult to do.

- Murderhost, 120 points, does do more in game as on paper. Moving you Bloodletter bombs an additional 2D6" even once is easily worth 20-30 points per Bloodletter unit. So the moment you thake 3 blocks of 30 you're allready "saving" 90 points per previous edition and suddenly that Battalion is going to pay for itself extremely quick. But this really isn't where the benifits stop because Daemon Heroes by itself also boost Bloodletters and then there is The Crimson Crown which due to the FAQ easily is the best Artefact in Blades of Khorne, as we rely so much on buffed large numbers of infantry anyway. *(What the FAQ did is clearify that 6's on rolls are actually 6's and more, meaning that with all the buffs Bloodletters get in 30's and with Daemon Hero near them we're looking at 5+ Mortal Wounds, re-rolls of 1's AND extra attacks when the whole combination is set up).
Long story short, Bloodletters are fantastic and anything that buffs them furthermore makes them incredible. So while 120 for a move boost seems like much you get so much more out of it. 

Archived