Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

14 minutes ago, TheAdequateWargamer said:

Has he been changed to 'wholly' within, because thats not the wording im seeing on the warscroll.

If only one model needs to be outside 9 from the enemy, but within 8 of karanak you should be ok (when you factor in his base) even if he is in base to base with the enemy. Unless he has been surrounded.

Yes, changed the wording. A screenshot that was on another thread here (screenshot of youtube video):

SpS3XBu_WCA.jpg

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Sehryth7 said:

I'm not too familiar with the everchosen  battallions. Do heros not count at mortal khorne units? Meaning you could run less msu reavers?

Heroes can count towards Mortal Khorne, but you have only 2 slots left anyway.

My version is different:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Chaos
Bloodsecrator (140)
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune 
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Blood Sacrifice
Slaughterpriest (100)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Skarr Bloodwrath (80)
Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut (140)
- General
- Trait: Disciple of Khorne 
- Artefact: Gorecleaver 
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Greatblade
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Greatblade
1 x Chaos Warshrine (160)
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Chaos Glaives
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Chaos Glaives
Bloodmarked Warband (160)
Gore Pilgrims (200)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 138

Skarr and the Lord are part of the Bloodmarked Warband alongside the StD units and 2x Reavers. If realm armies and the new spells become a thing, I'll probably use the lens from Hysh (negating Mortal Wounds from spell in 6") as 3rd item.

I'm still unsure what the best units for MSU are, but this will probably take some testing.

3 hours ago, Xasz said:

5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Greatblade
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Greatblade

They happen to be under the Warscroll minimum size, which says min size of 10, so that would’t be able to be used in the Warscroll Battalion as they’re understrength. (P.15 new core rules, Battalion Organization)

Odd that the Warscroll says 10, and the GHB 2017 says 5 .... 

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-chaos-warriors-en.pdf

22 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

They happen to be under the Warscroll minimum size, which says min size of 10, so that would’t be able to be used in the Warscroll Battalion as they’re understrength. (P.15 new core rules, Battalion Organization)

Odd that the Warscroll says 10, and the GHB 2017 says 5 .... 

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-chaos-warriors-en.pdf

The scroll is rather old and as you already realized they changed the min size last year. (GHB takes precedence in this case)

So they are legit and a fine MSU unit on paper. To be honest, I'm not really sure what to take, there seem to be two ways of doing this. Either you spam Reavers and/or Marauders  and end up with about 100 models of light infantry (sadly, the min unit size was bumped to 20 for the latter).  Or you are mixing in some heavier units. Knights are fast, reasonable reliable and better on the charge than Crushers (at least in a vacuum). Chariots might be an option instead of Warriors, they are rather cheap and can keep up with knights. 

5 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys i have a question.. There Are 2 boots in preorder on gw website. One cost 25 € , the other 45. What is the difference? I play competitive only, can I buy 25€ one or I have to buy 45€ too? Thx a lot:)

I assume you mean the regular and warlord edition of the General's Handbook. If so, you only need the regular edition, but the warlord edition comes with extra goodies that are very helpful during games.

I got the 2017 warlord edition, and use the dials and counters every game.

Otherwise, you probably mean the Core Rule Book and the General's Handbook, in which case both are helpful, but GHB is probably the only one needed.

12 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys i have a question.. There Are 2 boots in preorder on gw website. One cost 25 € , the other 45. What is the difference? I play competitive only, can I buy 25€ one or I have to buy 45€ too? Thx a lot:)

The Core book is the expensive one and contains the 84 realm artifacts, spells and other shenanigans considering realms on top of a couple battle plans which are not in the GHB (which has all the points, some faction abilities and matched play battle plans).

To be honest, it doesn't seem to be worth it and just a cheap cash grab from GW. Get the GHB and use the interweb for the relevant Core Book pages.

So time to dig up some old questions about goretide battalion.

I remember it being a pretty heated debate back when BoK first dropped as to a few points but I can't remember if it was ever resolved or FAQd because ghb17 killed the battalion.

1. Can I get a single drop army that has "any number of additional khorne bloodbound" units in it?

2. Can my MLoK pile in 8" when he isn't in combat?  ie charge 8" in the hero phase.

3. Do all the mortal battalions count as khorne bloodhound battalions or was that some kind reference to old book battalions?

I'm sure there was more in the debate but can't recall. I think it would be good to clear this up because the point drops make the gore tide (slightly) more viable again

31 minutes ago, Retro said:

So time to dig up some old questions about goretide battalion.

I remember it being a pretty heated debate back when BoK first dropped as to a few points but I can't remember if it was ever resolved or FAQd because ghb17 killed the battalion.

1. Can I get a single drop army that has "any number of additional khorne bloodbound" units in it?

2. Can my MLoK pile in 8" when he isn't in combat?  ie charge 8" in the hero phase.

3. Do all the mortal battalions count as khorne bloodhound battalions or was that some kind reference to old book battalions?

I'm sure there was more in the debate but can't recall. I think it would be good to clear this up because the point drops make the gore tide (slightly) more viable again

Yeah, we can start arguing again. :D

1. and 3. never got clarified, at least not in the official FAQ.

Concerning 2. I found this.

Page 122 – The Goretide, Aqshy’s Bane Change the rules text to: ‘In each of your hero phases, if the Goretide’s Mighty Lord of Khorne is within 8” of any enemy models he can pile in up to 8” and attack. If he does so, you can reroll all failed hit rolls for the Goretide’s Mighty Lord of Khorne, including any attacks made with the Blood-dark Claws of his ferocious Flesh Hound.’

Which will be debated as well.

To be honest, the biggest power of the Goretide is not the boost to Mortal Khorne but the inevitable force of bad rules writing, forcing everyone to argue about it.

Not sure what to make about all leaked changes to Khorne. May be too early to call, but I think we miss out on a lot of goodies. Also, with our book out so early in cycle I really see risk of BoK just not being as fun to play with anymore. I found our allegiance abilities weak from the beginning, and now, even though I like take on summoning in AoS2, I don’t like the idea of essentially choosing between our allegiance abilities or summoning.  To make my list(s) more fun, I try to find stuff to ally in but have hard time landing a well-rounded-ish all comers/all phases list which I like to run. Is it confirmed it’s still 400p allies? Gaunt summoner looks sweet, but at 180pts... 

1 hour ago, misthv said:

Not sure what to make about all leaked changes to Khorne. May be too early to call, but I think we miss out on a lot of goodies. Also, with our book out so early in cycle I really see risk of BoK just not being as fun to play with anymore. I found our allegiance abilities weak from the beginning, and now, even though I like take on summoning in AoS2, I don’t like the idea of essentially choosing between our allegiance abilities or summoning.  To make my list(s) more fun, I try to find stuff to ally in but have hard time landing a well-rounded-ish all comers/all phases list which I like to run. Is it confirmed it’s still 400p allies? Gaunt summoner looks sweet, but at 180pts... 

But he could summon the cogs for +2" to move and charge. Also with a baleful gate (do you have to pay points to put these down?) around he'll be able to bring on 10 pink horrors for more magic/unbinding and shooting and potential MWs when they die.

Could see Bloodletters running 12+D6 and then making a 7+2D6 rerollable charge with cogs, the right artifacts, and command traits...

3 hours ago, misthv said:

I've played one game with Khorne and love it so far.  I was 60 points over 2k since the bloodsecrator went up, so will have to make a shift, but I think the lists are very strong.

1 hour ago, BloodGodWorshipper said:

How does Crimson Crown work in the new edition? Is it 6 or 6+?

Since a faq after the ghb2017, if i remenber well, every abilities "on a 6" are now considered "on 6+" 

14 minutes ago, BloodGodWorshipper said:

Is there any official confirmation whether old FAQs are still in use in the new edition?

No, but it's unlikely that they will purge faction specific FAQs and why would they?

This will only happen if they rework a tremendous amount of Warscrolls just for AoS2.0 and then most of the FAQ content would just be integrated into them.

The rule/clarification in question, will stay 100% either way.

I currently don't have any khorne daemon models but am thinking about getting some to take advantage of the new summoning rules. However, I currently don't run lists that focus on generating bloodtithes and in my last few games the current rewards have been vital for my success. So outside of trying out specific summoning lists or large multiplayer games where lots of things die I'm having difficulty thinking when it would be better to summon instead of the regular rewards.

1 minute ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

I currently don't have any khorne daemon models but am thinking about getting some to take advantage of the new summoning rules. However, I currently don't run lists that focus on generating bloodtithes and in my last few games the current rewards have been vital for my success. So outside of trying out specific summoning lists or large multiplayer games where lots of things die I'm having difficulty thinking when it would be better to summon instead of the regular rewards.

Area control.

Make it impossible  for your opponent to reach a certain point on the table in this round because he has to fight the unit or you summon them on top of an unguarded objective.

12 minutes ago, Xasz said:

Area control.

Make it impossible  for your opponent to reach a certain point on the table in this round because he has to fight the unit or you summon them on top of an unguarded objective.

That is a good point, I had a close game recently that would have been very helpful. I may get some fleshhounds and a few bloodletters si I have options.

8 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Based on the fact that the new Endless Spells require a WIZARD to use an actual 'cast' to dispel, and not just an available Dispel ... it seems like there may be need to include at least one WIZARD in lists as allies ... :/

Post deleted due to my mis reading ?

8 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Based on the fact that the new Endless Spells require a WIZARD to use an actual 'cast' to dispel, and not just an available Dispel ... it seems like there may be need to include at least one WIZARD in lists as allies ... :/

The part, that only wizards can dispel active endless spells still bothers me.

If wizards will become mandatory in the upcoming meta, this will be the reason.

I still stand by my summoning list and will definitely try it, just to annoy my gaming group into oblivion. (pls no rule of one for prayers, pls no rule of one for prayer, pls no rule of one for prayers...) :D 

12 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Damn so solely Khorne armies are completely at the mercy of endless spells? I had not realised that, I’d been planing on my dog collar to protect me!

I may also be late to the party on this but I saw Martin & Ben on Warhammer TV state that we can’t summon named Deamons. I was gutted when I heard this because I have just spent 3 months paintings Skarrbrand and was looking forward to summoning him to the field. Wish I had bought a regular Blood Thirster now ☹️

Archived