Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

26 minutes ago, Elevenist said:

All this talk about new spells has got me excited for casting. Can blades of Khorne take a Sorcerer from the Slaves of Darkness?

Yes. (A Sorcerer Lord is 160 points)  As long as it isn’t setup with “Mark of Slaanesh”

Or you could do a Nurgle (Maggotkin) Sorcerer. For 120 points.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/5/2018 at 11:58 PM, Elevenist said:

All this talk about new spells has got me excited for casting. Can blades of Khorne take a Sorcerer from the Slaves of Darkness?

I can understand your excitement with all these new endless spells etc but I'm determined to stick to the fluff and not have any wizards/sorcerers in my army. Instead I'm going to build further on my anti-magic and make sure my opponent knows hes in for a hard time attempting his spells. I'll probably start with purchasing a couple units of flesh hounds (although praying for a box set of the new flesh hound models!)

45 minutes ago, Thomas E said:

I’m determined to stick to the fluff and not have any wizards/sorcerers in my army.

So... about that fluff...

In the Legends in the Age Of Sigmar Novel ”Black Rift” by Josh Reynolds the Scarlet Lord, Ahnur, had a Nurgle Sorcerer who was powering up the ‘Black Rift Of Klaxus’ that was going to create the rift for the Daemons to pour through ...

A completely different Khorne Bloodbound Warlord, Lord Hakh, held captive a Seer/mage in the Realmgate Wars Novel “Hammers Of Sigmar” in the short novel by Darius Hinks “Stormcast” 

So, there is fluff that has Khorne warlords and generals using wizards and seers as part of their plans.

So, If @Elevenist has the urge to have a seer or wizard in their Khorne Army as an Ally ... it’s totally within the realm of fluff. 

2 hours ago, Thomas E said:

I can understand your excitement with all these new endless spells etc but I'm determined to stick to the fluff and not have any wizards/sorcerers in my army. Instead I'm going to build further on my anti-magic and make sure my opponent knows hes in for a hard time attempting his spells. I'll probably start with purchasing a couple units of flesh hounds (although praying for a box set of the new flesh hound models!)

I understand your point of view but imo it's more fun to participate in the magic phase than shut down my opponents magic. 

On 6/6/2018 at 12:22 AM, TheOtherJosh said:

Yes. (A Sorcerer Lord is 160 points)  As long as it isn’t setup with “Mark of Slaanesh”

Or you could do a Nurgle (Maggotkin) Sorcerer. For 120 points.

Do you mind me asking where the rule is that says it can't be the mark of Slaanesh? 

The Maggotkin sorcerer is a great model, might try that after 2.0 drops. 

2 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

So, there is fluff that has Khorne warlords and generals using wizards and seers as part of their plans.

Ah nice, I wasn't aware of that. Might even have to give that a read!

@Elevenist Yeah a Khorne army will always rock whether dishing out magic or shutting it down ?

14 minutes ago, Thomas E said:

Ah nice, I wasn't aware of that. Might even have to give that a read!

“The Call Of Archaon” (Or one of the “Chaos Quick Reads” ... I don’t recall which ... they’re all good ... :) ) had a Tzeentch Sorcerer manipulate a Khorne warlord into having his forces be “disposable meat shields” to get himself closer to his goal, all while the Bloodbound Warlord being ‘tricked’ was sure the signs and visions he was seeing were for him ...

So a Sorcerer Ally could actually be the one “pulling the strings” even if they’re not the General ... 

Good work killax!

I had a sneaky feeling the top amount of the summon table was going to be 8! :D

cant read much else anyone else decode?

Summoned end of movement phase, wholly within 12 of khorn hero, 9 away from enemy.

20 bloodletters = 7

10 bloodletters = 4

10 flesh hounds = 6?

50 minutes ago, MOMUS said:

Good work killax!

I had a sneaky feeling the top amount of the summon table was going to be 8! :D

cant read much else anyone else decode?

Summoned end of movement phase, wholly within 12 of khorn hero, 9 away from enemy.

20 bloodletters = 7

10 bloodletters = 4

10 flesh hounds = 6?

Yeah its neat, better as suggested in the Podcast also. 

1. Basically the Blood Tithe Table got another table to use when you have 2+ Blood Tithe points.
1a. This table allows you to summon Daemons at the end of the Movement phase, the way I see it MOMUS is:
2 = 5 Bloodletters OR Bloodmaster
3 = 5 Fleshhounds OR Skullmaster
4 = 10 Bloodletters OR Blood Throne
5 = 3 Bloodcrushers OR Skull Cannon
6 = 15 Bloodletters OR 10 Flesshounds
7 = 20 Bloodletters
8 = WoK BT OR BToUR OR BToIR

1b. Summonning needs to be done 12" whole within Friendly Hero and 9" away from enemies

2. The 'old' Blood Tithe Table has a small update. 8 Now allows you to pick any choice from the table, but it can't move. Difference is that this is at the start of the Hero Phase so a Bloodthirster could technically use it's Command Trait. Skarbrand is sadly gone as an option altogether. 

3. Karanak can now summon 5 Fleshhounds if he's within 8" of his query. Then 5 Fleshhounds need to appear whole within 8" of him and 9" away from enemies. Which is neat because it means you can summon them behind him. Sadly they can't move in the Movement phase. Still, depending on Karanak's cost. A free unit is always nice.

4. All spells linked to Summonning Khorne Daemons are DELET.

Gaunt Summoner would be pretty much the best choice for a solo wizard and he will remain excellent if point changes are not too drastic. (2 casts, familiars, strong warscroll spell)

The Chaos Sorcerer Lord might become a close second or even equal if the point costs are lowered significantly for him. (his basic spell not having a restriction makes him really interesting. although a lot less flexible than the Gaunt)

Concerning warscrolls and the summoning spell, as @AverageBoss said, it is very likely (and I'm considering this almost a fact) that all instances of "Summon X" on warscrolls will be purged.

1 hour ago, tolstedt said:

This is going to be so broken if they don't FAQ the Bloodmarked warband.

I was thinking the same thing! Just making bloodreavers/marauders heroes and watching your blood tithe pile up seems almost too good to be true haha

3 hours ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

Anyone have experience or opinions on axes vs glaives for skullcrushers? I have a mix of both but I've always used the axes because I can roll their attacks at the same time as the juggernauts.

Glaives for the rend. Axes just do a little bit less damage so its not a big issue but glaives are generally better.

Long time no see. So I'm thinking about coming back to Khorne for 2nd ed. 

I really, really fancy a demon hunting pack. Looking at the book the council of blood jumps out as being fun. 3 or 4 thirsters, with hounds as battleline (have to take Karanak but as he now gets a free unit that is not too bad.

Not looking at it being the most competitive but do you think it could be fun to play?  Anyone with any exp of a similar list?

Archived