Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So as I posted yesterday I am working on ideas for next year’s tournament season, mostly so I can talk my wife into getting me the missing kits for Christmas!

After yesterday’s thoughts I have decided to drop the Blood Marked Warband.  I like this battation and think it may have legs. But Gore Pilgrims is just too good. But in yesterday’s list I got its requirements wrong. So went back to the drawing board today.

==

Leaders:

• Bloodsecrator (Brazen Rune)
  • 3x Slaughter Priests
  • Chaos Lord on Demonic Mount (Violent Urgency and Gorecleaver)
  • 10 x Blood Warriors
  • 40 x Blood Reavers
  • 30 x Warriors of Chaos.
  • 5 x Chaos Knights
  • 1 x Chaos Warshrine

Battalion (Gore Pilgrims)  5 Drops Min, 9 Drops Max.

Basicly the Warshrine joins the Reavers,  Blood warriors screen the Priests and as they advance, the Warriors move to secure objectives Knights and the Lord try and outflank to hit support units.  

==

Another option drops the Warshrine for the Godsworn Champion of Ruin. Battalion. This gives me a 2 drop army, and allows the warriors or Knights or lord to pile in and attack in the Hero Phase.

Based on the ways I look to be purchasing this list, I will have to see if I want to swap the Knights for a Chariot. And drop the Lord to be on Foot. This may allow me to sneak in a unit of 10 warhounds that are currently top of my list of units I like to use as they secure objectives fast (16” move) and that helps given that the rest of the army will be a lot slower.

8 hours ago, Locien83 said:

Nice write up!!

It was a pleasure to play you even if I did get all my Flesh Eaters killed!

Good to see you do so well at over the weekend, makes me feel slightly better about losing all my army! ?

Was a good game! First time I've played Flesheaters.

Small world- the guy I played in the last round was the person you played in game 5 and your opponent was my previous one.

Thinking about it, perhaps that happens more often that I would have thought with a Swiss pick.

5 hours ago, ledha said:

No stormcast, tzeentch or fyreslayer met ? nice ! 

They must have been on the top tables!

The other khorne guy I played in game 5 said he had played nothing but tzeentch all weekend, so I'll consider myself lucky. Looking at the rankings I'd say 1 in 6 lists where SCE. Since blade of khorne came out about 1 in 4 games I've played have been a mirror matches.

6 hours ago, chord said:

Great write up!  A little shocked to see how little terrain was on the table. 

There must have been 9 pieces on each table. Not tall LoS blocking, but still each had a reasonable footprint. Last game there was 11. 

I think people each brought 5 pieces of their own last year, but don't quote me on that.

Considering it was the first time the organisers were running an event of that scale and assembled + painted about a billion pieces of scenery over the last two weeks I thought it was a pretty good layout. Every table had a battlemat except the one I was on in game 4- apparently someone had spilt something on it on Friday night.

On 4 November 2017 at 12:01 AM, MOMUS said:

I just played a nails Tzeentch  list and came out on top, I am wondering though whether people are playing mauraders or blood reavers. I play 20 dagger reavers who I'm currently swapping out for axes.

In a pure khorne army I think the marauders are actually better, unless you are desperate for the axe rend.

what do people use? 

I go with blood reavers as they are the battallion requirement for gore pilgrims, but definitely see the point about Marauders having a better statline than reavers.

14 minutes ago, ****** said:

I go with blood reavers as they are the battallion requirement for gore pilgrims, but definitely see the point about Marauders having a better statline than reavers.

They make a cheeper 3rd battle line if you dont want a second unit of Reavers. 

3 hours ago, Uveron said:

So as I posted yesterday I am working on ideas for next year’s tournament season, mostly so I can talk my wife into getting me the missing kits for Christmas!

After yesterday’s thoughts I have decided to drop the Blood Marked Warband.  I like this battation and think it may have legs. But Gore Pilgrims is just too good. But in yesterday’s list I got its requirements wrong. So went back to the drawing board today.

==

Leaders:

• Bloodsecrator (Brazen Rune)
  • 3x Slaughter Priests
  • Chaos Lord on Demonic Mount (Violent Urgency and Gorecleaver)
  • 10 x Blood Warriors
  • 40 x Blood Reavers
  • 30 x Warriors of Chaos.
  • 5 x Chaos Knights
  • 1 x Chaos Warshrine

Battalion (Gore Pilgrims)  5 Drops Min, 9 Drops Max.

Basicly the Warshrine joins the Reavers,  Blood warriors screen the Priests and as they advance, the Warriors move to secure objectives Knights and the Lord try and outflank to hit support units.  

==

Another option drops the Warshrine for the Godsworn Champion of Ruin. Battalion. This gives me a 2 drop army, and allows the warriors or Knights or lord to pile in and attack in the Hero Phase.

Based on the ways I look to be purchasing this list, I will have to see if I want to swap the Knights for a Chariot. And drop the Lord to be on Foot. This may allow me to sneak in a unit of 10 warhounds that are currently top of my list of units I like to use as they secure objectives fast (16” move) and that helps given that the rest of the army will be a lot slower.

Have you considered splitting the blood warriors into 2 x 5s so you've got some small units to hold your own objectives in Battleplans like Scortched earth?

12 minutes ago, ****** said:

Have you considered splitting the blood warriors into 2 x 5s so you've got some small units to hold your own objectives in Battleplans like Scortched earth?

Truthfully No I haven't! 

I was going for a 10 so I can get the special weapon. 

I do need to consider Scorched earth.. hmm. Thats an argument for dropping the Knights and putting the lord on foot. for unit. Maybe of 10 Blood Warriors, or may be 40 Murderers.  That would give me 3 units to secure objectives (Marauders, Warriors, and Reavers) , but even that does leave me light on objective grabbing units.  Hmmm... 

Edit: Droping the Knights for 20 Marauders and 10 Warhounds Gives me another objective grabber... BUT not sure I want that extra drop. 

19 hours ago, Uveron said:

@******Great Report! 

Following this will you keep the WoK in the list? 

Absolutely! He a beast! Not sure how he went under my radar for so long.

Infact I don't plan on changing anything in the list for once. 

There are a couple of other tricks I want to try with the WoK.

Still not dared a yolo turn 1 charge.

I should probably have done that t1 in game 4. 19 damage would have solved my witch aelf problem with battleshock before he gave them inspiring presence. 

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:34 AM, ****** said:

Went to Blood and Glory at the weekend. It was awesome.

Great write-up - being a Freeguild player (investigating starting a Khorne army) I particularly enjoyed the last report - gave me a good idea of how they match up! Really like the  black  colour scheme also - especially the Khorgies!

Good work :)

11 minutes ago, Patapoef said:

Yeah.... it's supposed to be gore pilgrims.  Same points though.

Its not a bad list. I would be tempted to drop the single korgarath and add more guys to the Blood Reavers unit. I like the Deamon Prince, but the cheeper Lord on Demonic Mount does the same trick and again gives more points for even more bodies. 

Hey guys, I've come up with a Bloodmarked warband that I am pretty happy with, and was wondering if you could tell me what you think!

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut (140)
- General
- Trait: Violent Urgency  
- Artefact: Gorecleaver  
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune  

Battleline
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxes
- 1x Goreglaives
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- 1x Goreglaives
6 x Mighty Skullcrushers (280)
- Bloodglaives
-  Khorne Bloodbound Battleline (Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut General)
10 x Chaos Knights (320)
- Chaos Glaives
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
-  Slaves to Darkness Battleline

Units
10 x Skullreapers (360)
- Daemonblades
- 2x Soultearers
5 x Wrathmongers (180)

Battalions
Bloodmarked Warband (100)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

13 minutes ago, MOMUS said:

I'd take two units of reapers not one big one, buff themselves a lot quicker and controls more board space.

I would tend to agree, but then he is left with 1 too many units for the battalion and I can't see a way to drop something else without doing a full redesign.

otherwise I think the list is overall pretty good. 

1 hour ago, Retro said:

I would tend to agree, but then he is left with 1 too many units for the battalion and I can't see a way to drop something else without doing a full redesign.

otherwise I think the list is overall pretty good. 

That was my main concern as well as it being more convenient to buff the unit of ten (priest and juggerlord), although to be fair it only puts me at two drops to split them and the secrator doesn’t really need to be in the battalion.

39 minutes ago, Pathies said:

That was my main concern as well as it being more convenient to buff the unit of ten (priest and juggerlord), although to be fair it only puts me at two drops to split them and the secrator doesn’t really need to be in the battalion.

You want the Secrator in the Battalion so you can spawn new heros when it gets sniped out.

2 minutes ago, Pathies said:

Very good point, not sure how i missed that. That makes it a bit more difficult for me to split the skull reapers up

Just make them the hero when your first round of heroes die. Units of 1 with 4 attacks each are nice! 

14 minutes ago, Uveron said:

Just make them the hero when your first round of heroes die. Units of 1 with 4 attacks each are nice! 

Another good point, thanks for your help! I'm sure it will make the shooting phase a bit more bothersome for my opponent!

4 minutes ago, Uveron said:

Now my personal feedback is that you don't have a unit of over 20 models to secure objectives with. 

Very true,  alternatively, I could make a bit of a clean swap between the skull crushers and a unit of 40 reavers without missing a beat with the battalion, what do you think?

Archived