Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Requizen

Let's Chat Stormcast Eternals

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Requizen said:

I wouldn't worry.  The Lord-Arcanum, the new Mounted Hero, is the guy who helps do the reforging for Stormcast, noted as being able to "heal their fellow warriors and return them to battle nigh-instantly", so I would imagine there will be ways to return models or even units to the table with this bro. 

Oh good, 1 model, that may or may not be useful himself, who can be sniped, becoming mandatory in any list that actually wants to play a fair game.

I'm NOT looking forward to this edition.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, generalchaos34 said:

why does it feel like SCE are going to get shafted?

Because we've yet to see a rule change that is beneficial to us, while every rule change previewed so far seems to work in favor of some of our worst match-ups

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Requizen said:

I wouldn't worry.  The Lord-Arcanum, the new Mounted Hero, is the guy who helps do the reforging for Stormcast, noted as being able to "heal their fellow warriors and return them to battle nigh-instantly", so I would imagine there will be ways to return models or even units to the table with this bro. 

So just the dwarves will get the shaft then =P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Requizen said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/24/24th-may-rules-preview-summoning-for-freegw-homepage-post-2/

 

Summoning no longer requires reinforcement points. This may actually make the Storm Vortex Garrison not terrible - you can play aggressively with your Paladins, and if they die, just return them to the table with the Hunters. Probably not terribly powerful, but you can essentially get 2 units (mainly Paladins, but the Heroes or Libs as well) for free if they die early on. 

It also means the Hammers of Sigmar chamber can do the thing it's designed to do, but that's still too many points.

It's unlikely that most of the Stormcast battalions are not going to see changes in the next codex. Counting any battalion as doing what it does now is a risky endeavor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright guys, you can go ahead and be as pessimistic as you'd like. I have 100% confidence that they won't let their flagship army be garbage in the new edition that they're hyping lol, especially with all the new models they want to sell.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this certainly makes the Hammers of Sigmars battalion ability a lot more interesting... assuming it sticks around :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Requizen said:

Alright guys, you can go ahead and be as pessimistic as you'd like. I have 100% confidence that they won't let their flagship army be garbage in the new edition that they're hyping lol, especially with all the new models they want to sell.

Games Workshop has a story of releasing new models with poor rules and expecting to sell them just through the rule of cool and shiny factor.

I wouldn't take that for granted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DanielFM said:

Games Workshop has a story of releasing new models with poor rules and expecting to sell them just through the rule of cool and shiny factor.

I wouldn't take that for granted.

Pray tell, which of the recent AoS releases have been bad and unsellable? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DanielFM said:

Games Workshop has a story of releasing new models with poor rules and expecting to sell them just through the rule of cool and shiny factor.

I wouldn't take that for granted.

Isn't this normally the opposite? New models thend to have stronger rules to help sell them, just look at idoneths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah yes, Schrodinger's GW. Everything they release is simultaneously brokenly OP and also completely useless, depending on what will cause more drama 😝

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Pray tell, which of the recent AoS releases have been bad and unsellable? 

24 minutes ago, Bradipo322 said:

Isn't this normally the opposite? New models thend to have stronger rules to help sell them, just look at idoneths.

Vanguard Stormcast. Kharadron Overlords. Primaris Space Marines (in 40k). They were sold for the models, with totally underwhelming rules.  You have a few examples out there.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, I sorta agree? But not really? Aquilor, Longstrikes, and Birds are good in Vanguard if for no other reason than Aetherstrike and shooting shenanigans, and Palladors have found themselves in plenty of lists as well. So basically only Hunters are considered "don't buy".

Overlords were 50/50. Big ship is good, balloon dudes are good, Battleline are good, Thunderers were good when they came out. So it was only the smaller boats and some of the characters that were bad? Ziflin is still a tournament list that spoils a lot of top armies (including Tzeentch depending on the build). 

Primaris is also iffy, but Hellblasters, Aggressors, Lieutenants, Captains, the Banner, and occasionally Intercessors and Inceptors all see play. The big boat and Rievers are pretty bad, but it's by and far not a garbage release. Pure Primaris isn't topping tables, but if you think the range is garbage you're empirically fairly wrong.

It's alright to have a pessimistic outlook, but the things they've released recently have been, on the whole, playable if not actually quite good. All the Maggotkin stuff was pretty good (maybe not the flying Blightlords?), all the Daughters were good as far as I've seen, and Deepkin have been started to be battletested as pretty good too depending on build. Why is it so unbelieveable that the new Stormcast will be good too?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the LoN preview today it was stated that you can use the same command ability multiple times, i see very strong vanguard wing builds with this 🙂 blessed weapons and +3 to hit maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Requizen said:

I mean, I sorta agree? But not really? Aquilor, Longstrikes, and Birds are good in Vanguard if for no other reason than Aetherstrike and shooting shenanigans, and Palladors have found themselves in plenty of lists as well. So basically only Hunters are considered "don't buy".

Overlords were 50/50. Big ship is good, balloon dudes are good, Battleline are good, Thunderers were good when they came out. So it was only the smaller boats and some of the characters that were bad? Ziflin is still a tournament list that spoils a lot of top armies (including Tzeentch depending on the build). 

Primaris is also iffy, but Hellblasters, Aggressors, Lieutenants, Captains, the Banner, and occasionally Intercessors and Inceptors all see play. The big boat and Rievers are pretty bad, but it's by and far not a garbage release. Pure Primaris isn't topping tables, but if you think the range is garbage you're empirically fairly wrong.

It's alright to have a pessimistic outlook, but the things they've released recently have been, on the whole, playable if not actually quite good. All the Maggotkin stuff was pretty good (maybe not the flying Blightlords?), all the Daughters were good as far as I've seen, and Deepkin have been started to be battletested as pretty good too depending on build. Why is it so unbelieveable that the new Stormcast will be good too?

I thought the reason new nurgle was good was because you could take so many flying blightlords and basically turn 1 charge with all the trees you can get on the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not that worried abort summoning, using the new wholly within lingo it’s going to be fairly straightforward to counter. At least with legions of Nagash, 40 skeletons wholly within 9 of a gravesite marker and outside of 9 of enemy models ? Encourages multiple smaller units.  Summoning will be different, from being  obviously broken to a more strategic use, one that can be countered obviously.  The wholly within lingo will also make it Harder to use massive regiments buffed to insanity,  imagine the current buffs one could use on a strong units like bloodletters,  or plaguebearers.  If they all were changed to wholly within they would be hard to take advantage off. 

My guess. Is that the language of the new edition will be the biggest game changer ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Sacrosanct will not be optional, as with the new Endless Spells any army that can't bring 3-4 dispels to the table is going to be at a serious disadvantage.

Edited by kuroyume

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kuroyume said:

Looks like Sacrosanct will not be optional, as with the new Endless Spells any army that can't bring 3-4 dispels to the table is going to be at a serious disadvantage.

It depends really, the spells are pretty powerful, but even with longer dispell range dispelling isn't always the best for countering hard core magic armies, as it's un reliable you'll be in range or that you can out roll your opponent. 

From there the endless soells are all very double edge, and spells like the purple sun i don't see doing a whole ton out side of thier inital casting. It's definitely something i'd have to play around with to know how powerful some of these endless spells will be. 

 For instance that purple sun spell looks really hard to get off, while that portal spell requires another spell to be useful with out providing any bonuses to casting or a refund of the spell used like the vortex did.  Definitly a cool new mechanic though. 

Edited by mmimzie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

It depends really, the spells are pretty powerful, but even with longer dispell range dispelling isn't always the best for countering hard core magic armies, as it's un reliable you'll be in range or that you can out roll your opponent. 

From there the endless smells are all very double edge, and spells like the purple sun i don't see doing a whole ton out side of thier inital casting. It's definitely something i'd have to play around with to know how powerful some of these endless spells will be. 

 For instance that purple sun spell looks really hard to get off, while that portal spell requires another spell to be useful with out providing any bonuses to casting or a refund of the spell used like the vortex did.  Definitly a cool new mechanic though. 

endless smells?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, xking said:

endless smells?

Yeah umm... yes... it's err umm <. < one of the endless spells... 

 

Yes!! The endless smells of nurgle..... >.> *cough*

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×