AoS Wishlist for 2017

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I am concerned, I'm wishing for one (or more) of these two options:

1) A "modern" Battletome + reboxing of Clan Skyre 

2) Full release revamping Clan Eshin, Clan Moulder, or Clan Verminous (new models, Battletome, etc.)

Now lets be real, I'm probably going to dip into most of the releases this year for AOS if for nothing else than the help support the line...And because the hype train stops for no one.

Even more Tzeentch, particularly proper monogod mortal warriors and more heroes. Yes, I am being greedy here:D

New Death miniatures. Ideally an awesome Nighthaunt/Malignant release, but I would be happy for any Death at all, even if I do not play the minis myself.

Spiderfang Grots and Clans Eshin full releases. They would be so fun to face on the battlefield and I have the feeling they would be very attractive to prospective newcomers.

More awesome terrain pieces, like the Dragonfate Dais, Ophidian Archway and Numinous Occulum. Also more of the old terrain brought back like the Magewrath Throne.

More heroes as splash releases. I would like all released Forces to have as many options as for heroes as Stormcast and Bloodbound. It would also be a good way to preview/tease upcoming releases and show support for forces that do not see a full release.

3 hours ago, Mengel Miniatures said:

With 2016 having been such a huge year for AoS what are you most looking forward to/wanting to see from 2017?

These are the 3 Battletome I would most like to see, how about you?

NIGHTHAUNT_TOME.jpg

DEATHLORDS.jpg

DEATHRATTLE.jpg

Any of these. Deathlords would need some serious consideration and probably some new models. 

Deathrattle is pretty much there; just give it some more characters -put Arkhan in there and give it some batallions and it's done. I'd rather see these released in 2017 without new miniatures than hold for 2018. 

This is super wishlist-y but I would love to see a "Realm Source Book" - for example for Ghryran; it could go into depth about the culture and geography of the known lands and the peoples that dwell there going into detail about the different cities there (Greywater Fastness, Hammerhal, the other Seeds of Hope), maybe provide maps and art of the places and common folk. Rules wise it could have unique Time of War, Scenery Warscrolls, Historical Battleplans and maybe even unique Allegiance Abilities (for example being able to take a Greywater Fastness army which is Ironweld + Collegiate Arcane + Freeguild).

I would love a book like that which I could really sink my teeth into.

13 minutes ago, shinros said:

A death battle tome that is similar to the disciples of tzeentch and new zombies. I really want new zombies. 

I just wouldn't want to see the Death faction go back to being the old Vampire Counts book. I'm fine with them combining some of the factions, but I don't think they should all go back together.

30 minutes ago, bottle said:

This is super wishlist-y but I would love to see a "Realm Source Book" - for example for Ghryran; it could go into depth about the culture and geography of the known lands and the peoples that dwell there going into detail about the different cities there (Greywater Fastness, Hammerhal, the other Seeds of Hope), maybe provide maps and art of the places and common folk. Rules wise it could have unique Time of War, Scenery Warscrolls, Historical Battleplans and maybe even unique Allegiance Abilities (for example being able to take a Greywater Fastness army which is Ironweld + Collegiate Arcane + Freeguild).

Could have some cool narrative rules/campaign ideas too. Reference books like this would be awesome. I just love reference books in general. Pretty much endless possibilities and everything would just add to the lore. Could even do like a Stormcast (or any race) reference book, going super in-depth on every unit, lots of backstories, timelines, histories of different chambers, stories, etc. Could even narrow it down to one chamber, one city, one Orruk stronghold and how it survived the Age of Chaos. Obviously they gotta make stuff that would sell and get the money back, but reference books hell yeah. Way better than novels.

32 minutes ago, polarbear said:

reference books hell yeah. Way better than novels.

Agree 1000% I absolutely love source books and prefer them to basically anything else (especially over narrated fiction). As a Freeguild player my 8th Empire Army Book is still a joy to read and something especially for Age of Sigmar would be even better!

I don't mind so much what armies get battletombs when, I'm sure there'll be some cool stuff whatever.  The thing I'd really like for AoS is a really good terrain kit that is really multipurpose a bit like the old Fortified Manor and the Skullvane Manse kits.  So we can better bring our battlefields to life.

4 hours ago, Mengel Miniatures said:

I just wouldn't want to see the Death faction go back to being the old Vampire Counts book. I'm fine with them combining some of the factions, but I don't think they should all go back together.

Lore wise they still fight that way and honestly a vampire siring a WHOLE army of vampires just seems silly to me. The vampire section states they use the undead and vampires, even deathrattle has zombies in their armies at times.

How it is now makes no sense for death in the old format of each mini faction getting their tomes. Death I feel is in a different situation and a different beast to some of the other alliances. Death is suffering similar problems to tzeentch before disciples of tzeentch was announced. 

An example nagash the great necromancer, let's say deathlords get their own tome and nagash decides to take some skeletons? Oh wait sorry nagash, guess what! You lost all your battle tome benefits! Oh and the morghast? They are not batteline anymore Sorry mate. Let's not also add you will also suddenly forget all your spells from the book on top of that. I mean nagash is meant to be the greatest necromancer but can't even take zombies or skeletons without losing the benefits of his tome if he gets one. 

Mannfred? Or neferata decides to take something that is not a vampire? Or Arkhan decides to take a zombie unit?

Welp tough you lost all your magic lores and special ability for your tome. Hence why the disciples of tzeentch format would easily fix this problem and add a bit of synergy that death is lacking and keeping within the theme of vampires, necromancers etc leading hordes of undead with magic. Disciples of tzeentch is open and still makes things unique depending on how you theme your army or mix it. 

Also necromancers being a whole faction in itself is silly and considering the fact that their spell buffs things across all the main usable factions. skeletons, Zombies and mordants. 

You put that necromancer in any of those factions? If they have their own unique tome? Suddenly your heroes forget all about their spells. 

I feel the new disciples of tzeentch is a good way to handle Death and keep in character of it I feel there is a specific reason why we haven't seen a Death tome yet compared to the other factions who have way more than us. We have 1 tome 1 and barely any new formations outside of FEC that's usable in matched play that is not legacy.

All tzeentch fans no matter how you use your tzeentch army can use the book and they are working together in a sensible way. If I want to build a cultist army with bound daemons I can do that. A battlemage slaves to darkness army? I can do that. 

I feel gameplay wise disciples of tzeentch from what we have seen is adding TONS of options while being more open and unique. Mortals, Daemons and Arcanites have their own general table. Like death Could have one for Vampire, Deathrattle, Nighthaunt or Mordant. 

Also remember let's say they do books for each faction? You know how much of a nightmare that would be to update? Certain factions will be left behind for YEARS since it's clear that if every single faction got a tome some of them will not be updated in a feasible fashion. 

An Aelven Battletome would be great - a few new kits, some repackages and we're in business. Could even split been between Malerion and Teclis.

Plastic Firmir is something I'd like but it's a *bit* wishlisty.

Now what I'd really like would be Chaos Dwarf/Duardin in hard plastic. Perhaps not Big Hats though, Infernal Guard are amazing.

Ideally - Battletome Deathlords as suggested by @Mengel Miniatures, then Duardin (like a Tzeentch book covering all 3 of Dispossessed, Fyreslayers and Steampunk/Nu-Duardin, with the allegiance keyword being Duardin, but then command traits depending upon the nomination of the general.

Then Battletome Aelves (although this might be split up by Mortal Realm.

Then Battletome Grots, featuring the best killy/tough hero/monster in the game - a Mega-Squig that shoots Squig Gobbas at enemy units perhaps....

I'm starting to think that perhaps Battlebrew and the Huskhorn will be the crutch that Destruction will need as they face off against DoT reinforced Chaos without any further reinforcements for a while (and having just lost a lot of the strength of their factions yesterday due to the demise of the Compendium Battalions).

The prospect of Big Archaon actually being viable as a Tzeentch Mortal and Daemon, with 2 spells and 2 unbinds and Destiny Dice for his Sword and his Armour of Morkhar could be a real game changer, especially with a Disklord flying about. Varanguard however, will remain outside of the Tzeentch Allegiance (pending some kind of change or special super Battalion (cf. Gnarlroot and Winterleaf) allowing you to sneak in a handful of non-Tzeentch units).

11 hours ago, bottle said:

Fantastic idea

Archived