Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

Slightly different sort of question, but I imagine it's something a lot of people here have dealt with: how do you safely transport a fully assembled Lord of Change? I don't have a car, so taking mine to events makes me really nervous. The one time I tried to carve out space for it in a Crusade case I ended up with a couple of (fixable) breakages. The wingspan is so broad that I don't trust it to fit in most of the available KR/Feldherr pluckfoam solutions. My best bet is probably a large magnetised box, but I have no idea how to transport that safely on public transport.

If anyone's solved this problem for themselves, I'd really love to hear about it.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CJPT said:

Slightly different sort of question, but I imagine it's something a lot of people here have dealt with: how do you safely transport a fully assembled Lord of Change? I don't have a car, so taking mine to events makes me really nervous. The one time I tried to carve out space for it in a Crusade case I ended up with a couple of (fixable) breakages. The wingspan is so broad that I don't trust it to fit in most of the available KR/Feldherr pluckfoam solutions. My best bet is probably a large magnetised box, but I have no idea how to transport that safely on public transport.

If anyone's solved this problem for themselves, I'd really love to hear about it.

Magnetise wings? :)

I have four. They are magnetised on the bottom with four rare earth magnets and just go in a large plastic box that has self adhesive flexometal stuck on it. Fine for transporting in the car, bus or train, although would be a pain to carry. No idea how I’d transport on a plane - probably just take a different army :)

4 hours ago, CJPT said:

how do you safely transport a fully assembled Lord of Change? I don't have a car, so taking mine to events makes me really nervous.

Alternatively you could get a custom lazer cut foam.

Battlefoam has one here:

https://us.battlefoam.com/tzeentch-lord-of-change-and-fateweaver-foam-tray-bfl-7-5/

There are other lazer cut foam providers as well.

14 hours ago, boelimaa said:

U guys think there will be tzeentch nerving time soon, again? 

If so, what kind of, any rumors?

very ? worrying, again

Still expect to see sky fires going up in points, 
Balewind will increase as well, not exclusively tzeentch related but we benefit from it a lot.
Destiny dice mechanic may get amended but i doubt this somewhat. 

On 5/3/2018 at 4:25 AM, Olincay said:

Still expect to see sky fires going up in points

I can't see Skyfires going up again. Since their previous increase, Skyfire centric lists seem to have become much less common in tournament top-10s, and Skyfires are by no means present in every list you see. I would expect them to focus on those models that appear in every list, and the builds that are consistently found in the top 10. So, Lord of Change, Blue Scribes, Gaunt Summoner, and Changehost. 

LoC: He should be at least 320, probably 340 (with similar increase to Kairos). Would that even be enough to make him not auto-take?

Gaunt Summoner: Fixing/nerfing the balewind will go along way, but he might still be too efficient a caster at 120. Maybe 140?

Blue Scribes: Probably only need a small increase.

Changehost: who knows? 200? 220? Or would that be crippling on top of a potential increase to the LoC?

I'm playing my second ever game with my Tzeentch on Wednesday, playing against a buddy who is using Khadordran Overlords. 

I'm bringing - 

Tzaangor Shaman
Gaunt Summoner

2 x 10 Acolytes
30 Tzaangors
6 Tzaangor Skyfires
6 Tzaangor Enlightened on discs. 

Just need to decide the Warlord trait & Spells, I'll let you know how it goes guys. 

This is what I ended up on - 

Tzeentch - 1500 - 

Leaders

Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Artefact - Phantasmal Weapons
Lore of Fate - Shield of Fate
Lore of Change - Unchecked Mutation

Gaunt Summoner (120)
General
Command Trait - Arcane Sacrifice 
Lore of Fate - Glimpse the Future 
Lore of Change - Bolt of Tzeentch

Units

30 x Tzanngors (450)
18 x Pair of Savage Blades
12 x Savage Greatblade

6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (400)

3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)

10 x Kairic Acolytes (100)
7 x Blade & Shield
3 x Cursed Glaives

10 x Kairic Acolytes (100)
7 x Blade & Shield
3 x Cursed Glaives 

Ends up at 1500 :)

Hello.

Can you give me some advice in facing Death. What i usually face is Nagash with Morghasts, some skellies, spirit hosts, Arkhan, Necromancer. This is the usual core more or less.   I mostly run Changehost or 9 skyfires sometimes. 

So Nagash with Morghasts is basically unkillable at this point, he either sits on objectives, or if he is better positioned already he just charges forward dispelling everything except LoCs and destroying everything in melee.  Other objectives are occupied with skellies from gravesites, that are resummoned and i lack the damage to remove piles of them.  So the basic Changehost strat - playing objectives,sniping heroes and tarpitting everything with horrors works pretty bad for me. And spirit hosts with Vanhel are destroying everything and double pile in really makes quick work of horrors. 

Thx in advance.

So I was taking a read of the Battletome bored at work. Does anyone feel the Tzaangor coven or the Arcanite Cabal is worth it?

The Tzaangor seems reasonably cheap to allow a blob of 30 Tzaangors to pile in & attack in the Hero phase and increasing all the vicous beaks of the Tzaangors hit rate by 17% seems solid?

Arcanite Cabal seems kind of expensive but a extra spell a turn on 3 shamans seems like a massive deal. 

On 5/15/2018 at 1:49 PM, TheOtherJosh said:

Changehost can be very variable in composition. What units do you take?

Mostly the classic one. Loc and Kairos or 2 Loc, Herald, scribes, changeling, gaunt, 30/30/30 horrors.  something like that, plus minus. Ive tried countering Spirit hosts with screamers and their Locus, but i still lack the damage to deal with Nagash, dispelling everything, and never ending skellies)

So I'm looking into jumping back into AoS with the new addition coming out. Hopefully it'll drum up some new and old players in my community. I have a small kharadron army, but it turns out that I have more than 2000pts of Tzaangory goodness from my Thousand Sons army in 40k! Who knew they were so much beefier in Sigmar?

So I want to know if a solid tzaangor arcanites list is viable. I can run something like this easily:

Tzeentch 2000

-Tzaangor Shaman - Aether Tether, Souldraught

-Tzaangor Shaman

-x20 Tzaangors - x8 Blades/Shields, x8 Greatblades, x4 Mutants, Twistbray, instrument/banner

-x20 Tzaangors - x8 Blades/Shields, x8 Greatblades, x4 Mutants, Twistbray, instrument/banner

-x20 Tzaangors - x8 Blades/Shields, x8 Greatblades, x4 Mutants, Twistbray, instrument/banner

-x3 Skyfires

-x3 Skyfires

-x3 Skyfires

So is this any good in current AoS? I have a couple winged princes as well, and as far as I can tell, there's no detriment to taking the tzeentch keyword over arcanites. Thoughts?

I'd probably clump your skyfires into 6/3, or even into one 9. IT means thinks like Shield of fate, inspiring presence & mystic shield all become much better the larger the unit scales.

For battleline I'd look at one big unit of 30 Tzaangors and take pink horrors or acolytes as your battle line in minimum sizes, again the larger unit scales buffs. You could fill in with some Enlightened on discs, some more characters or whatever takes your fancy.

5 hours ago, AaronWIlson said:

I'd probably clump your skyfires into 6/3, or even into one 9. IT means thinks like Shield of fate, inspiring presence & mystic shield all become much better the larger the unit scales.

For battleline I'd look at one big unit of 30 Tzaangors and take pink horrors or acolytes as your battle line in minimum sizes, again the larger unit scales buffs. You could fill in with some Enlightened on discs, some more characters or whatever takes your fancy.

Oh hell! I never noticed they got that sweet max unit discount. Well if I run two big 30man blobs instead i could squeeze in ten pink and ten blue horrors, taking me to 1990. I have the 60 tzaangors so I might as well field em.

Also, I'll definitely run one big skyfire blob. I do it in 40k so I only modeled one aviarch anyway.

So I'm guessing there's no benefit to running straight arcanites right? I don't sacrifice anything by fielding demons too?

On 5/10/2018 at 2:30 PM, BillyOcean said:

LoC: He should be at least 320, probably 340 (with similar increase to Kairos). Would that even be enough to make him not auto-take?

The LoC is a required unit for all of the larger Tzeentch Daemon Warscroll Battalions. That would be a rather rather painful hit. But we will see what happens next month.

On 5/17/2018 at 8:36 AM, ssharkus said:

Loc and Kairos or 2 Loc, Herald, scribes, changeling, gaunt, [...]

You’re running an additional LoC and the Gaunt that aren’t in the minimum stat line requirement for the battalion.

While nice, perhaps that is taking away from units you could bring in that would do more damage for the point value? Changehost has the advantage in that it can leverage to win on objectives with enough reinforcement points to keep your Horrors on the objectives. Unless your objective requires killing off your opponent ... in which case you don’t look to have enough punch. (Which you’ve already observed.)

On 5/20/2018 at 12:35 PM, Humanatee said:

Oh hell! I never noticed they got that sweet max unit discount. Well if I run two big 30man blobs instead i could squeeze in ten pink and ten blue horrors, taking me to 1990. I have the 60 tzaangors so I might as well field em.

Also, I'll definitely run one big skyfire blob. I do it in 40k so I only modeled one aviarch anyway.

So I'm guessing there's no benefit to running straight arcanites right? I don't sacrifice anything by fielding demons too?

No as you're just fielding a Tzeentch alliance army. 

9 hours ago, AaronWIlson said:

No as you're just fielding a Tzeentch alliance army. 

Ok cool. It's strange that they don't give any kind of benefits if you build a pure Arcanites or Daemons list. But I guess it makes list building easier.

26 minutes ago, Humanatee said:

It's strange that they don't give any kind of benefits if you build a pure Arcanites or Daemons list.

The advantages come in when taking the “mega battalions” where every unit that can fit into the Warscroll Battalion gets the abilities of the battalion. And if a unit doesn’t have either the Arcanite or Daemon keyword they get locked out of the bonus.

The Gaunt Summoner, and any arcanite units on Discs can actually be taken in a “pure daemon” Army due to their keywording.

This isn’t as granular as 40K where the Daemons don’t have the Legion keyword. Because Allegiance Abilities are based off of the Tzeentch keyword, not Arcanite or Daemon keyword.

Thoughts on the previews for Tzeentch and the new magic leaks?  

The dispelling from 30 is going to be really nice,  Also really curious for the new magic lores. 

No mention in the preview to a change in destiny dice or point increases.  I doubt they'd announce any nerfing in the article but it's still given me alittle hope it wont be a severe as some think.  

Destiny Dice being unchanged is good! New dispelling from 30 is super tasty, unsure how events will handle the magic lores for the realms? Will they ignore them completely. I can't see them letting you pick one, as it would be for the two armies playing to be playing from different realms. 

Hi all.

I'm planing to start a new army and as I don't have any chaos army I would like to start with Tzenetch. What I was thinking of is:

Battleforce. Tzangor shaman, 6 tzangor on disc, 20 tzangor, 20 kairic. 

Silver Tower heroes. Darkoath, gaunt summoner and ogroid thaumaturge.

Start collecting Slaves to darkness. 5 warriors, 5 knights, wizard and chariot.

With this I make 1990 points and it's a very nice price as I already have Silver Tower box

Things I like is the 4 wizards and 5 spells. Knights and warriors as first line and tzangorns with kairic on short distance to support. Tzangor Discs I will build 6 of bow ones to have more distance.

What do u think? It's nice or I will have trouble for not having more battle heroes? 

Thanks!!

Archived