Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Mmanuel said:

I think because the changeling Can cast the Loc spells on the top of the  vortex..... But i still don't Like It.  

A gaunt summoner with chaos familiar is better for me.

I would just think the LOC will be oit of rang on the changling to quick.

As for the summoner you just keep him there and rain mortals

On 10/26/2017 at 4:15 PM, Josh said:

sorry to be that guy but any feedback on my list mentioned above?

The  challenge I could see with your list is a combination of lack of bodies and no screening once in Melee.

Why the herald on disc? Why not just take two Gaunt Summoners? (If you’re aiming for including a GS, as they can have discs, too. Or have Familiars, instead.)

On 07/11/2017 at 6:41 AM, TheOtherJosh said:

The  challenge I could see with your list is a combination of lack of bodies and no screening once in Melee.

Why the herald on disc? Why not just take two Gaunt Summoners? (If you’re aiming for including a GS, as they can have discs, too. Or have Familiars, instead.)

my thoughts were make my pinks split & have some summoning spare

i went disc just for mobility & its free so why not?

good point regarding the double gs just thought another spell & more damage output wasnt a bad thing either

16 hours ago, Josh said:

my thoughts were make my pinks split & have some summoning spare

i went disc just for mobility & its free so why not?

good point regarding the double gs just thought another spell & more damage output wasnt a bad thing either

I believe that the herald on disc has a worse spell (blue fire vs. pink fire) which means you trade damage for mobility if I read it correctly.

4 hours ago, Lustmoerder said:

I believe that the herald on disc has a worse spell (blue fire vs. pink fire) which means you trade damage for mobility if I read it correctly.

youre very right! thanks for pointing that out!

The Balewind for Tzeentch fulfills only one admittedly important function - countering hordes. If you don’t face hordes, then it’s often unnecessary (and more Horrors becomes a better option). The Changeling, Balewind, Gateway combo seems inefficient (as Changeling only casts one spell), when you can typically use Changehost swaps or summoning to get a LoC into range.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Just got the tzeentch battleforce chest early, wondering if I can get some help on a couple topics:

1) Kairic acolytes, what's a good weapon choice for a unit of 10 in a 1k game? I've built the adept with vulcharch and he has only 1 weapon on his model, can he not have a second weapon/shield due to its arm for the vulcharch? I also wanted the dark scroll, I imagine that one too would have the weapon problem, can they only carry 1 cursed weapon?

For the rest of them I planned to use the 3 glaives and split the rest with 2x blades and blade/shield setup. Does this make sense and is good?

2) Same as the acolytes, got a 10 unit of tzaangors, any help with the weapon selection? I'm a bit struggling since I never had an army with these many choices and options.

3) this is my army

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)

Tzaangor Shaman (160)
- General

Battleline
10 x Kairic Acolytes (100)
10 x Tzaangors (180)

Units
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (400)

Total: 1000 / 1000

not sure what traits/artifacts/lore stuff to pick for my leaders any suggestions?

13 minutes ago, neviskio said:

Hello! Just got the tzeentch battleforce chest early, wondering if I can get some help on a couple topics:

1) Kairic acolytes, what's a good weapon choice for a unit of 10 in a 1k game? I've built the adept with vulcharch and he has only 1 weapon on his model, can he not have a second weapon/shield due to its arm for the vulcharch? I also wanted the dark scroll, I imagine that one too would have the weapon problem, can they only carry 1 cursed weapon?

For the rest of them I planned to use the 3 glaives and split the rest with 2x blades and blade/shield setup. Does this make sense and is good?

2) Same as the acolytes, got a 10 unit of tzaangors, any help with the weapon selection? I'm a bit struggling since I never had an army with these many choices and options.

3) this is my army

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)

Tzaangor Shaman (160)
- General

Battleline
10 x Kairic Acolytes (100)
10 x Tzaangors (180)

Units
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (400)

Total: 1000 / 1000

not sure what traits/artifacts/lore stuff to pick for my leaders any suggestions?

According to the FAQ:

Q: How do models like horn blowers and standard bearers work? Do they lose the weapons they would otherwise carry, or do you just gain the benefits of the upgrades without penalty? A: You just gain the benefits unless specifically stated otherwise. The model is assumed to still have any weapons it had before it was upgraded, even if the weapons are not shown on the model itself.

It should also be noted that you do not lose the benefits of shields when armed with glaives. As such it is generally considered best to arm the whole unit with shields, and give glaives to your unit champion, scroll caddy, and bird carrier glaives. This ensures you keep both your units most important upgrades, and most damaging weapons around for the longest time possible. The only time such a decision would backfire would be against a Stardrake or Giant, since they can pick out individual models.

For the Tzaangors, the best configuration for every 10 men is generally considered:
1x Banner + great weapon
1x Horn + great weapon
1x champion + great weapon
1x scrub with great weapon
2x mutant (the split head dudes) with paired weapons
4x scrubs with sword and shield

31 minutes ago, neviskio said:

Fantastic! Thanks for the clarifications, I was about to build them all wrong both units and "regret" it :)

edit: sorry one more, I can only see 2 acolytes can carry double weapons I guess I'll ignore them for all shields?

The warscroll says 3 in every ten can carry double handed glaives, but said glaives are all modeled one handed, and there are no rules in the game for weapons taking up hand space. Further GW even picture them with glaive and shield. Also keep in mind some models can have the shield on their back. If you wind up with a model you can't build any other way than twin blade, make sure he has a back shield.

99120201063_KairicAcolytes01.jpg

Fellas,  i'll probaby be attending cancon early  next year *australias biggest aos tournament* and im after alittle advice on my list.  

My list is currently sitting at 1940 points and i feel like i should be rounding it up to 2000 points or just under. 

Any advice what i can add or subtract? 

A balewind wound be nice..

IMG_5132.PNG

5 minutes ago, Olincay said:

Fellas,  i'll probaby be attending cancon early  next year *australias biggest aos tournament* and im after alittle advice on my list.  

My list is currently sitting at 1940 points and i feel like i should be rounding it up to 2000 points or just under. 

IMG_5132.PNG

Blue horrors are 50 pts......

21 hours ago, Olincay said:

IMG_5132.PNG

I think that adding 10 blue horrors for splitting like Tasman said would work well. Personally, I would up the Tzaangor unit to 30  (only costs another 90 points), then replace the Ogroid for a Herald on foot - putting you at 1990. You keep all your casting, and gives you two big block threats in the Tzaangors and Skyfires. 

Greetings,

this my first post here. I'm going to get the Changecult Battleforce for Christmas + Lord of Change and have no idea how to equip the Units. All the armylists here only state what Units are in it but not the weapon loadout of them.

1. What should I give the LoC? Baleful Sword or Rod of Sorcery?
  2. I want to build the Tzaangors as two 10 man Units, each with Brayhorn and Icon Bearer but do I max out the Tzaangor Mutants and double-handed Savage Blades? Do I give them Paired Blades or Savage Blade+Shield?
  3. The Kairic Acolytes will be in two 10 man Units aswell. Again the option of Arcanite Shield+Cursed Blade or Paired Cursed Blades? Maxing out the Cursed Glaives? Vulcharc and Scroll of Dark Arts are set.

That should be all.. The Tzaangor Shaman has no options and i want to build 3 Skyfires and 3 Enlightened.

Thanks in advance!

Archived