Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

On 10/13/2017 at 1:14 PM, Rhellion said:

The die swap wins me most games with how important of a roll it can be used for. Usually to auto kill a vital character (changing the mortal wound roll to a 6).

I  really want to try this guy out.  The biggest problem for me to bring him in, is that in my meta, I'd be highly criticized for bringing him to a 'casual' setting.:$

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Nico said:

He has a 4+ Save - he costs a painful 340 Points when he is in many respects far worse than the LoC. He just happens to complement the Changehost well.

He’s not overpowered.

I see what you mean there.... but putting treacherous bond,[provided by GS or someone....] on him with a unit of 30 pinks for wound counters would be a hard nut to crack.

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch VS Ogroid thaumaturge. What do you think is the stronger choice in a Tzeentch force?  Prince can fly, has the better base move, and save.  Ogroid has a unique spell and abilities. I have yet to see either one on the table top so wondering what the combat effectiveness is when comparing the two. 

hello tzeentch bros,

just working towards a 2k changehost list, just wanted to get some feedback on my 1k. Plan was have some points up my sleeve for a balewind, a unit of pinks & or some splitting. Thinking maybe drop the disc so the herald doesnt stand out as much or drop some chaff so i have more flexibility again & unsure if changling is worth it @ 1000pts & with the FAQ.  Im really new so im still working out what is good to give everyone & open to feedback. 

Leaders
Herald Of Tzeentch On Disc (120)
- General
- Ritual Dagger 
- Trait: Magical Supremacy 
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm
The Changeling (140)
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (120)
- Lore of Fate: Glimpse the Future

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch

Units
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)
20 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (80)

Total: 800 / 1000

Hi! 

I've  try these list on 1000 Point,  And i Like It. 

1× lord of change (General,  tzeentch's inferno, magical supremacy)

1x gaunt summoner with chaos familiars (bolt of tzeentch)

1x blue scribe (unchecked mutation)

10x pink horror (treason of tzeentch )

10× marauder oh chaos (tzeentch'a mark)

10x blue horror

10x blue horror

10× brimstone

10x brimstone

100 reserve Point for a balewind vortex

On 2k Point i've try these list:

Changehost battalion

1x lord of change (General,  magical supremacy, tzeentch's inferno)

1× kairos (tzeentch's inferno)

1x gaunt summoner and chaos familiars (bolt of tzeentch)

1x herald of tzeentch (unchecked mutation)

1× blue scribe (bolt of tzeentch)

10x pink horror (treason of tzeentch)

10x marauder of chaos (tzeentch's mark)

10x blue horror 

10x blue horror

3x screamer 

3x screamer

200 Point reserve (2 vortex)

What you Think about It? 

Ty all, 

Manuel

51 minutes ago, Mmanuel said:

Hi! 

I've  try these list on 1000 Point,  And i Like It. 

1× lord of change (General,  tzeentch's inferno, magical supremacy)

1x gaunt summoner with chaos familiars (bolt of tzeentch)

1x blue scribe (unchecked mutation)

10x pink horror (treason of tzeentch )

10× marauder oh chaos (tzeentch'a mark)

10x blue horror

10x blue horror

10× brimstone

10x brimstone

100 reserve Point for a balewind vortex

On 2k Point i've try these list:

Changehost battalion

1x lord of change (General,  magical supremacy, tzeentch's inferno)

1× kairos (tzeentch's inferno)

1x gaunt summoner and chaos familiars (bolt of tzeentch)

1x herald of tzeentch (unchecked mutation)

1× blue scribe (bolt of tzeentch)

10x marauder of chaos (tzeentch's mark)

10x blue horror 

10x blue horror

3x screamer 

3x screamer

200 Point reserve (2 vortex)

What you Think about It? 

Ty all, 

Manuel

On the 2k list why Vortex twice? 

I would add more blues or Brims and just use the vortex one time. You should range everything on the first turn if the don't deploy correctly 

I would cut one vortex out and mauraders. Either run more brims or blues. Or run another 10 pinks.

I would be too worried about them breaking the line to quickly

Leaving the big guys open for punishment 

A question for you guys, what would you add to 1000 pts of tzeentch? 1000 pts of sylvaneth or Pestilens? I want to go to a tournament with a friends, 1000 pts each, he is taking tzeentch and i do not know wich of my army (sylvaneth or pestilens) can be more usefull with tzeencht,  what do you think?

P.S.: @Mmanuel

Is the friend i will play with 

On 10/10/2017 at 5:19 PM, Tasman said:

I'm not sure I'm following what it is that you are trying to say. Are you anxious about a possible change to the Tzeentch unit points? The GHB was just released. As was the DoT battle tome. I don't know about other people, but the only time I see the ridiculous sky fire spam builds or the change host being used is in organized tournaments. Casual play doesn't usually have the "waac" dynamic going for it. Tzeentch won't need any more nerfing as I expect the other factions will start to catch up.

I have a guy in my firestorm campaign rocking a changehost when the points allow. Some people are waac

So I attended a local tournament this weekend and though't i'd bring my tzeentch with my grand total of 1 practice games with the army, as predominatly a Stormcast player I have a few conclusions.

1) Tzeentch stuff dies FAST, which I'm not overly fused with as i knew they are a fragile army but my god that 5+ save is rough. 
2) Relying on spells for most of your damage output can be dicey, even with pluses to cast if you wiff some rolls if can leave you in a bad position.
3) Never EVER take Tzeentch's fire storm, I successfully cast this every game and i think i rolled a single 6 for the damage.
4) Skyfires are AMAZINGLY stupid in combat, a unit of 9 rolled 20+ attacks. 
5) Destiny Dice = best allegiance ability in the game.

Other then that I really enjoyed the Army, I did some pretty tixy stuff with my Tzaangors and destiny dice to get some pretty long bomb charges across the board turn one.
I did loose 2 out of my 3 games *the 2 i lost were down to the wire* but that's all down to poor play on my half, I was mostly using this tournament as a good way to get some decent practice with the army, but as with every practice makes perfect!

4 hours ago, Olincay said:

3) Never EVER take Tzeentch's fire storm, I successfully cast this every game and i think i rolled a single 6 for the damage.

Well, advices may diverge here. Sure, if rolling 6' are a problem, pass your way. However, if your dices gets hot the potential is enormous. Plus, as Tzeentch, you (usually) have enough wizzards to cast any spell you want, so why not taking it. Sure, the only one that can reliably cast it is the Lord but anyway...

On 26.10.2017 at 6:30 PM, Axter said:

A question for you guys, what would you add to 1000 pts of tzeentch? 1000 pts of sylvaneth or Pestilens? I want to go to a tournament with a friends, 1000 pts each, he is taking tzeentch and i do not know wich of my army (sylvaneth or pestilens) can be more usefull with tzeencht,  what do you think?

P.S.: @Mmanuel

Is the friend i will play with 

Hey there! Having the same tourney and same issue by the end of the week - except, I’m the one with Tzeentch. The best solution, imho, is that your friend can borrow you some nasty tzeentch stuff - skyfires, regular tzaangors or some casting support. Double destiny dice for 2k points is a thing!

Posting for a friend, the below list is for competitive play for all scenarios. Just wondered what you guys think and if there was any extra punch that could be added.

LoC - general, extra rend sword+extra spells ability?

sorcerer Lord on manticore

3x10 maurauders

10 pink horrors

shaman on disc

2x6 skyfires

changeling on vortex 

On 11/4/2017 at 4:44 AM, MOMUS said:

Posting for a friend, the below list is for competitive play for all scenarios. Just wondered what you guys think and if there was any extra punch that could be added.

LoC - general, extra rend sword+extra spells ability?

sorcerer Lord on manticore

3x10 maurauders

10 pink horrors

shaman on disc

2x6 skyfires

changeling on vortex 

I would change the changling to the gaunt summoner on the vortex. 

Why is the changling on the vortex?

I think it's because you can't attack the changeling unless a hero gets within 3 and 'reveals him', the vortex prevents you from getting within 3. Also he deploys outside of normal deployment so can be positioned further toward (making double range spells ever more effective) or to react to dangers in the enemy army even after you have deployed your entire army and he can learn everyone else's spells +tzeentch bonus.

5 minutes ago, MOMUS said:

I think it's because you can't attack the changeling unless a hero gets within 3 and 'reveals him', the vortex prevents you from getting within 3. Also he deploys outside of normal deployment so can be positioned further toward (making double range spells ever more effective) or to react to dangers in the enemy army even after you have deployed your entire army and he can learn everyone else's spells +tzeentch bonus.

If you cast a spell the changling is revealed. You want to use him to slow down models. Also he can use a spell within 9 inches of a wizard.  So if you cast vortex he is gonna be revealed anyways.. 

So I would place a gaunt summoner on the vortex and rain mortal wounds on big block units.

54 minutes ago, Deathawaits101 said:

If you cast a spell the changling is revealed. You want to use him to slow down models. Also he can use a spell within 9 inches of a wizard.  So if you cast vortex he is gonna be revealed anyways.. 

So I would place a gaunt summoner on the vortex and rain mortal wounds on big block units.

Can another wizard cast the vortex under the changeling? That way you have him positioned far forward slowing movement and he can't be revealed? Other than that not sure...

Archived