Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

20 minutes ago, Deathawaits101 said:

It's a very good list. However it needs a really good General to Lee's the army. 

And how it have to been played? I mean, what is his main strategy? And do you have an example list?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Axter said:

And how it have to been played? I mean, what is his main strategy? And do you have an example list?

If you look on this page in the past. You will find what you're looking for. Check out some of the results of blackout under events. Also in this discussion there are some heavy hitters who talk about the list they used. Just go back a few pages.

On 10/3/2017 at 5:09 PM, Countmoore said:

the Gaunt Summoner got the Souldraught instead which was super effective on a vortex summoning turn as he then gets three spells.

Noob question... how does that give him a 3rd spell? :) 

Finished Best Overall at the Michigan GT this weekend with Changehost plus Kairos and Gaunt Summoner (250 Reserve points).

Toughest game was against another MAX size Changehost (18 units)... we took out each other's Lords turn 1. But I had Kairos still which was the difference maker.

I played Tzeentch twice and Khorne 3 times. There were many other armies represented, but I played all the Khorne players (I think) and 2/3 other Tz players at the event.

On 10/9/2017 at 6:27 AM, Rhellion said:

Finished Best Overall at the Michigan GT this weekend with Changehost plus Kairos and Gaunt Summoner (250 Reserve points).

Toughest game was against another MAX size Changehost (18 units)... we took out each other's Lords turn 1. But I had Kairos still which was the difference maker.

I played Tzeentch twice and Khorne 3 times. There were many other armies represented, but I played all the Khorne players (I think) and 2/3 other Tz players at the event.

Well done and Congrats! Changehost is so tough. I was thinking of making it to this event. What were the Khorne lists like? Someone made mention that Death actually placed well there. Was this true?

Hello Friends

ive had like 4 podcasts in the past days shouting against Tzeentch Big Time. You guys think they gonna get nerved hard? Can you imagine them changing warscrolls. Neuthering Changehost. Stuff like that? I guess 220p is set for next update anyways right... i worry them soft changes i appreciate alot will turn to something i dont like...

1 hour ago, boelimaa said:

Hello Friends

ive had like 4 podcasts in the past days shouting against Tzeentch Big Time. You guys think they gonna get nerved hard? Can you imagine them changing warscrolls. Neuthering Changehost. Stuff like that? I guess 220p is set for next update anyways right... i worry them soft changes i appreciate alot will turn to something i dont like...

I'm not sure I'm following what it is that you are trying to say. Are you anxious about a possible change to the Tzeentch unit points? The GHB was just released. As was the DoT battle tome. I don't know about other people, but the only time I see the ridiculous sky fire spam builds or the change host being used is in organized tournaments. Casual play doesn't usually have the "waac" dynamic going for it. Tzeentch won't need any more nerfing as I expect the other factions will start to catch up.

Well just something i now came across relating to what youre mentioning. I (Tzeentch) will go to a local 1k tournament next week. There the balewind (which i understand) and the gaunt summoner both are banned...

And yes I would love to see more armies catching up, that would be great. But anyways i was abit lost. Afterall those Rankings Lists all seem to have a good variety of armies.

(But as a relatively new one to the hobby, how does GW usually approach such things? I heard in 40k some armies were made kind of unplayable in past editions and others stayed op..? )

3 hours ago, boelimaa said:

Well just something i now came across relating to what youre mentioning. I (Tzeentch) will go to a local 1k tournament next week. There the balewind (which i understand) and the gaunt summoner both are banned...

And yes I would love to see more armies catching up, that would be great. But anyways i was abit lost. Afterall those Rankings Lists all seem to have a good variety of armies.

(But as a relatively new one to the hobby, how does GW usually approach such things? I heard in 40k some armies were made kind of unplayable in past editions and others stayed op..? )

In the warhammer world GT there was like 12 different army's that placed well. Aos has allot of strong counters to army's and it's really about how well u play them.

16 hours ago, Easytyger said:

Well done and Congrats! Changehost is so tough. I was thinking of making it to this event. What were the Khorne lists like? Someone made mention that Death actually placed well there. Was this true?

Tyler Mengel did solid with his Nighthaunts.

One Khorne list was a brass stampede, both others were Murderhost plus Gore Pilgrims.

Of late, in my local venue, there's been quite a lot of the regulars who are convinced that Tzeentch in general, and the Changehost in particular, are totally OP to the point of being broken. To these detractors I usually respond with a resounding "YARBLES". 

Every faction in the game is pretty well represented imo, and it's the scenarios that,as always has been the case, level the playing field. There's more to playing than simply showing up with a list that your opponent may not want to play against.

That being said, there are certain builds out there that include a hurricanum, or multiple stonehorns, or have huge gunlines (to name a few) that are just as "broken" as anything I can put on the table with my chaos stuff. Tzeentch is a fun army to play. There's no way to get an auto win with them. They have lots of powerful magic and the shenanigans that go with it. They are also a very fragile finesse-y force. A single bad turn of dice rolling, or one bad play will usually cost you the game.

To those who cry at the sight of the changehost I say: Suck it up and play the mission. You may be surprised at how easy it is to deal with.

To add to the discussion of 'change host is OP': you can always bring some more units of  the not so much cost-efficient type, non-horrrors like screamers, flamers, etc. 

This is somewhat connected to the Changehost question, but also a question  i am interested in in general. What tzeentch daemon units (not leaders) do you use besides the various kinds of horrors? How do you use them? Not at all? Depending on scenario and match-up? Situational and via summoning?

example 1:  i like the model for the screamers a lot, but (almost) never see them in any lists. i could imagine to summon them instead of adding more horror bubblewrap since i assume they could actually kill something. probably they do not make their points back before they get killed, but they could deal some wounds and also bind an enemy unit (although not as cost efficient as say brimstones), right?

example 2: exalted flamers (6/4/3/D3=4 damage average? 4 wounds for 120pts) are glass cannons, but couldn't they be useful within a blob of your battle line horrors to sit on objectives or also as area denial?

thanks for helping a newbie

13 hours ago, merzbau said:

I can't back this up, but it seems like he has the potential to rock face in a Fatesworn Warband of Mortal Tzeentch units- he'd even benefit from the free Arcane Bolt the Battalion would give him.

Yup. Give him Boundless Mutation and Paradoxical Shield....... with rend from Fatesworn he'd be a hoot.

New to Tzeentch and in need of some advice.

I just recently started my Tzeentch army and bought the first models. 

My first roughy 1000 point list is the following:

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Gaunt Summoner (120)

Battleline
10 x Tzaangors (180)
10 x Tzaangors (180)

Units
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (200)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1040 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

What should I add going for 2000 points to flesh it out? My first thought was going into the following direction:

Leaders
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Gaunt Summoner (120)
Lord Of Change (300)

Battleline
30 x Tzaangors (450)
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)

Units
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (400)
30 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)
30 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (100)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1990 / 2000

Or am I thinking the wrong way here when it comes to a decent army (it's not meant for hyper competitive tournaments)? Perhaps someone with more experience when it comes to Tzeentch armies could comment on it and give me some tipps. 

Hello everyone!  I just had a basic question on the lists I've seen in this thread and how people are running the armies with the horrors.  Forgive me if my ignorance shows too much!

So, in the following example list, how are the horrors handled?  For example, 10 pink horrors can split into 20 blue horrors....so is the 20 blue horrors only for one unit?  Or is it split between the two?  Or do you get to use it twice - i.e. for each pink unit?  Same question with the brimstone horrors as 20 blue horrors would split into 40 brimstone, but only 20 are taken!  Any clarification on how people use them as shown below would be helpful for me to understand how to build one of these lists.   Thank you!

Leaders
Gaunt Summoner (120)
- General
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)

Battleline
30 x Tzaangors (450)

Units
20 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (100)
20 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (80)
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)

Battalions
Skyshoal Coven (130)

2 hours ago, Vaux said:

New to Tzeentch and in need of some advice.

I just recently started my Tzeentch army and bought the first models. 

My first roughy 1000 point list is the following:

Leaders
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Gaunt Summoner (120)

Battleline
10 x Tzaangors (180)
10 x Tzaangors (180)

Units

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1040 / 2000

What should I add going for 2000 points to flesh it out? My first thought was going into the following direction:

Leaders
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Gaunt Summoner (120)
Lord Of Change (300)

Battleline
30 x Tzaangors (450)

Units
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (400)
30 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)
30 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (100)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1990 / 2000

Or am I thinking the wrong way here when it comes to a decent army (it's not meant for hyper competitive tournaments)? Perhaps someone with more experience when it comes to Tzeentch armies could comment on it and give me some tipps. 

That actually looks like a very solid list. Only thing I would do is add familiars to the GS. There is no point in not taking them as they are a straight free upgrade.

1 hour ago, FractalRain said:

Hello everyone!  I just had a basic question on the lists I've seen in this thread and how people are running the armies with the horrors.  Forgive me if my ignorance shows too much!

So, in the following example list, how are the horrors handled?  For example, 10 pink horrors can split into 20 blue horrors....so is the 20 blue horrors only for one unit?  Or is it split between the two?  Or do you get to use it twice - i.e. for each pink unit?  Same question with the brimstone horrors as 20 blue horrors would split into 40 brimstone, but only 20 are taken!  Any clarification on how people use them as shown below would be helpful for me to understand how to build one of these lists.   Thank you!

Leaders
Gaunt Summoner (120)
- General
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)

Battleline
30 x Tzaangors (450)

Units
20 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (100)
20 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (80)
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)

Battalions
Skyshoal Coven (130)

Any Blues or Brims that split off existing Horrors come out of reserve points. Any horrors you plan on having show up will therefore not be in your actual list.

As they are created, you pay for 10 man squads, regardless of how many show up. If 3 Pinks die, you use 50 reserve points and summon 6 Blues. Further blues could be added to said  unit in subsequent turns until the unit hits 10. Any more than that would have to be a new unit. If 6 Pinks are killed, you would pay 100 reserve points and spawn 12 Blues. This unit could increase up to 20 in subsequent turns.

On 09/10/2017 at 12:27 PM, Rhellion said:

why using kairos and not a classic lord of change ?

Regarding balance - the wise Pirates of the KO Clown Car fleet are very confident that they beat Changehost lists easily and I'm inclined to agree. This largely revolves around them being 2 drops and the new Changehost plus Kairos list (which is very strong) being 3 drops. They are the best army in the game at the moment (notwithstanding not having pulled off a big win quite yet).

Bonesplitterz are still seriously strong  - Treason plus Infernal Flames plus Battleshock only killed 10 models of a 30 Arrer Block and they can take 3 30s!

Archived