Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

@Solaris Yeah I agree, they look really strong. I would definitely take them in a tournament list. I think they were always strong but people didn't really notice them so much behind the more obvious stuff.

I'm just not sure I like the difference between a Tzaangor and a regular gor in the brayherd list. I would have preffered it if they made the flamers and screamers the powerful units - rather than the beastmen. Purely from a story perspective. It makes no difference to competitive play 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nico said:

It's alarming that you can fit in 3 Chickens and still have space for Skyfires and a summoning pool!

Mainly because there's nothing else to the army haha. Don't have the numbers to hold objectives or anything. I'm going to flitter around the bottom tables just making chicken noises all weekend haha.

You can still run four lords of change and be reasonably effective. You only end up with three skyfires though. In two games I beat a skybourne slayers list and a four dragon FeC list. The objective grabbing game  is rather hard though, but to be honest it wasn't much easier using the GHB lists.  

I was thinking of improving it a bit by allying in Sayle though due to his faction/allegiance/keyword rules...?

So the Changehost rules have you swap two models, then remove the rest of the models in the unit and set them up within 9'' right?

What if you're swapping something like a Lord of Change and a unit of blue horrors? When you go to swap the LoC and the first model of the blue horrors, the LoC isn't going to fit in the space where the blue horror was because of all the other horrors in the way, do you just set him up as close to as possible? Or set him up after removing the other blue horrors to get him to be where he should be?

4 hours ago, Gilby said:

What if you're swapping something like a Lord of Change and a unit of blue horrors? When you go to swap the LoC and the first model of the blue horrors, the LoC isn't going to fit in the space where the blue horror was because of all the other horrors in the way, do you just set him up as close to as possible? Or set him up after removing the other blue horrors to get him to be where he should be?

I would think that if you can't fit you can't swap, although there may be an FAQ or clarification I am unaware of. In any other situation where you can't place a model due to lack of space then you can't go there. I don't se why this situation would be any different. 

You need to be able to fit, however people have taken the view that the bases of the swapping units just need to overlap rather than being centred on the same spot.

As a result, you could swap the LoC for the Horror at the end of a line of Blues.

So yeah Facehammer GT, triple chicken turned out to be pretty ridiculous.

Think a forth would be over kill and limit what else you can do but having the three units of pinks to support them really worked well.

Not sure on The Changling, he didn't really do much all weekend, although he almost took off Diesel's Archaon with Slayer of Kings but rolled a double 5 for his wound rolls (although if I'd remembered about Lord of Change's learning the +1 to hit and wound spell when I unbound it on a 12, it would've been a different story!)

Some very tough match ups all weekend, especially the last match with a Thunderquake Seraphon list with 80 skinks. But overall really impressed with managing to get 14th.

Will be doing a full review of the weekend on the podcast in the next week or so.

On 9/29/2017 at 6:48 AM, TalesOfSigmar said:

I'm taking them to Facehammer but it's a completely ridiculous list rather than anything competitive. I'm more looking forward to a few drinks and meeting up with mates.

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
- General
- Trait: Magical Supremacy
- Artefact: Wellspring of Arcane Might
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
Lord Of Change (300)
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
Kairos Fateweaver (340)
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm
The Changeling (140)
- Lore of Change: Arcane Transformation
Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (120)
- Lore of Fate: Treacherous Bond

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
- Lore of Change: Unchecked Mutation
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm

Units
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (200)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1760 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

How well did the sky fires do without a shaman to babysit them?

13 hours ago, Tasman said:

How well did the sky fires do without a shaman to babysit them?

They were ok, I basically used them as fast objective grabbers over the weekend and also snipers for certain exposed heroes, while the rest of my army walked around like Harry Potter on steroids.

First game against a full Gore Pilgrims list I managed to roll 4 x 6s with my destiny dice so took off the blood secrator turn one which definitely helped. They also took out a Slaan in my last game in one turn, shooting him and then finishing him off in combat.

I am considering dropping one LoC and The Changling, if I do that I can make my 3 x Skyfires a unit of 6 and be able to add a shaman and another unit of brimstones to split.

2 minutes ago, Nico said:

Tony's Changehost came second I thought?

Ye, it's more a case of his list not being put up anywhere. Seen most of the other top 10 lists from Facehammer, but not Tony's. 

Can imagine it is along the lines of this...

LoC, Kairos, Gaunt, Blue scribes, Changeling

3*10 pinks, 2 Brims, 1 blue and changehost. 

More interested to hear what the summoning pool contained. The summoning of a herald is obvious in some situations. As well as plague bearers given how easy they are to summon. 

Were there plague toads, any other shenanigans etc? 

Has anyone tried Skyfire Spam? 

I am looking to run 18 of them at a up coming tournament here in the states this weekend. 

Or is Chang Host the new thing?

My list would be 

Fate Weaver 

Shaman 

Gaunt Summoner 

10x marauders

10x Marauders 

10x Marauders 

9x Skyfires 

9x skyfires  

8 hours ago, Nico said:

Tony's Changehost came second I thought?

6 hours ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

Dont think it was. Pretty sure Tony ran the same list as he did at Blackout. The one he posted on Pg 77 of this thread.

Yeah it was me bridesmaid again.  only change was the Gaunt Summoner got the Souldraught instead which was super effective on a vortex summoning turn as he then gets three spells.

Summoning was either vortex and brims or 2xblues and brims.  Had other option but didn't use them.

T

1 minute ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

I asked for it in Tesco but they only had the regular Spam..

Thanks for the laugh! 

5 minutes ago, Countmoore said:

Yeah it was me bridesmaid again.  only change was the Gaunt Summoner got the Souldraught instead which was super effective on a vortex summoning turn as he then gets three spells.

Summoning was either vortex and brims or 2xblues and brims.  Had other option but didn't use them.

T

Thank you so much! 

Hi all

A friend of mine is playing tzeench and he would really like to play a Changehost list, can you give us some advice on it? Wich is a competitive list for a Changehost? Can it be good in a tournament?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Axter said:

Hi all

A friend of mine is playing tzeench and he would really like to play a Changehost list, can you give us some advice on it? Wich is a competitive list for a Changehost? Can it be good in a tournament?

Thanks

It's a very good list. However it needs a really good General to Lee's the army. 

Archived